1,482 posts in this topic

Got a question, if you are the beneficiary, are you required to comply for the affidavit of support? Or only the petitioner?thanks much?

Just the petitioner :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Forgot to say earlier: Happy thanks giving everyone! Thankful to have encountered you all on my visa journey!

Immigration Timeline

K1

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

ROC

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Happy thanksgiving every body! :)

Our Relationship

10/31/2011 - met online
04/23/2012 - I traveled to the US
05/04/2012 - met personally in DC
06/17/2012 - I traveled back to the Philippines
11/09/2012 to 11/23/2012 - He traveled to the Philippines
02/18/2013 to 03/01/2013 - He traveled again to the Philippines
05/16/2013 to 05/26/2013 - His 3rd trip to the Philippines
09/20/2013 to 09/26/2013 - My 2nd trip to the US
03/27/2014 to 04/11/2014 - His 4th trip to the Philippines
10/22/2014 to 11/02/2014 - My 3rd trip to the US

K1 Journey

10/30/2014 - got engaged
11/12/2014 - I-129F sent to Dallas
11/18/2014 - received NOA1 email notification
12/1/2014 - electronic NOA2 notification
12/17/2014 - NVC Case Creation Date
12/23/2014 - Updated Status to "Ready"

01/14/2015 - Got our case# through NVC hotline
01/16/2015 - Paid Application for Interview
01/20/2015 - Booked Interview Appointment for February :D

02/10/2015 - to 02/11/2015 Medical - Passed!
02/25/2015 - Interview - APPROVED!
03/11/2015 - CEAC Issued
03/14/2015 - Visa and Packet on hand!
03/18/2015 - CFO seminar, sticker and certificate

04/22/2015 - POE Seattle

05/05/2015 - Got married!!

AOS Journey

06/29/2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet mailed through USPS

07/01/2015- USPS: Delivered

07/09/2015 - USCIS text notification: CASE was RECEIVED AOS EAD and AP

07/14/2015 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07/29/2015 - Biometrics done

08/07/2015 - USCIS My case Status: CASE ready to be scheduled for interview

1s0tp8.png

Well we called NVC today at about 7.20am EST and they confirmed they have not received our case yet. It has only been a week though! Will try again next friday.

Immigration Timeline

K1

ROC

N400

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I think NVC and USCIS will give us updates starting monday, cause with Thanksgiving they took a break this weekend. :clock:

4hRum6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Got my NOA1 in the mail today.... TSC for us

Edited by MJ0110

11/15/14 : I-129F sent (Fedex overnight)
11/18/14 : Delivered
11/20/14 : NOA1

11/28/14 : NOA1 hard copy received

Waiting......

Timeline

Hi Guys...

I had originally sent the I-129 package on August 17, 2014 and then went on to the Philippines a few days later... Expecting to get the NOA-1 within a few days after sending... My coworkers at my office were watching out for it and would email me in PI when it arrived... Well two weeks later I get the email the USCIS in Dallas sent it back unopened because the whole package I sent was all ripped up from the US postal service sorting machine!!!....USPS sent a note like "We are sorry your mail has been damaged, but these things happen" (Not verbatim but pretty close)

I had to wait until I got back from PI to redo all the contents... Grrrrr...

Well, with having been in PI with my fiance' again I added that trip into the mix too... Either way I could not resubmit the package again until Nov. 3...

So now after all this long introduction here is where we are now... I received the NOA-1 Nov. 7 and now in the waiting game...

The one thing that is really disappointing is that I have seen August K-1 filers who are already completely finished and even have already arrived here in the US....

One moral to the story! Pack this precious package in great big padded box ... Kidding! But don't let the post office folks tell you "OH it will be fine" with the less expensive priority mail envelope... Pay the price for "Priority Express" because it does not get sorted through the machine...

Best to all the VJ family...

Chris n' Kris

Edited by ChrisnKris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I submitted my 129F through Immigration service agent (he said he mailed it via priority mail on nov 12...) I have not received any type of notification nor anything in the mail of any sort not even a NOA1... I had contacted the agent few days ago and he said I should wait until the end of this week... And i should receive it by today (im at work right now so I have no idea if its in the mail box) I am really hoping its in the mailbox there. I am just so frustrated about this process and I just started!! Is this normal??? What if its not there?? What do I do? I did not receive any notifications on my phone or anything of it being delivered the agent didn't even tell me anything about receiving any type of notifications :ranting: :ranting: ... SO FRUSTRATED and UPSET right now :ranting::cry: .. i have no idea if this is the agents fault or what :ranting: :ranting: :protest: ... But what if they did not received it yet.. ughhhhh :ranting:

MonCherie (F)

129F mailed 11/15/14

Received at CSC 11/21/14

NOA1 Received in mail 12/13/14

RFE Notice text/email 01/03/15

RFE Notice Received in mail 01/08/15

RFE Sent 01/19/15

RFE received at CSC text/email notification 01/21/15

NOA2 "Approval" text/email notification received 01/29/15

NVC Received Petition 2/10/15 (No case number available yet)

NVC assigned Case Number!!! 2/12/15 alhamdolilah

Consulate received case 2/20/15

Medical booked for 3/16/15 alhamdolilah

Interview booked for 3/30/15 Inchaallah alhamdolilah :)

Visa approved 3/30/15 alhamdoulilah :):dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline

I submitted my 129F through Immigration service agent (he said he mailed it via priority mail on nov 12...) I have not received any type of notification nor anything in the mail of any sort not even a NOA1... I had contacted the agent few days ago and he said I should wait until the end of this week... And i should receive it by today (im at work right now so I have no idea if its in the mail box) I am really hoping its in the mailbox there. I am just so frustrated about this process and I just started!! Is this normal??? What if its not there?? What do I do? I did not receive any notifications on my phone or anything of it being delivered the agent didn't even tell me anything about receiving any type of notifications :ranting: :ranting: ... SO FRUSTRATED and UPSET right now :ranting::cry: .. i have no idea if this is the agents fault or what :ranting: :ranting: :protest: ... But what if they did not received it yet.. ughhhhh :ranting:

Did you ask it by certified mail with return receipt addressed to you??? I sent mine directly to the USCIS, Dallas office that way and got the signed receipt two days later... At least I was able to validate that the USCIS office did receive it...

So sorry you are going through this.... Keep the faith....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was in the same boat excepted I know TSC got my package. The lawyer sent mine via Fedex overnight. Just got my NOA1 in the mail yesterday. We didn't file for electronic notification so we had to wait for the hard copy. It's not fun at all cause there's no way to check or knowing what's going on while waiting. But you should get your NOA1 by now. You might want to check with your agent again.

Best of luck

11/15/14 : I-129F sent (Fedex overnight)
11/18/14 : Delivered
11/20/14 : NOA1

11/28/14 : NOA1 hard copy received

Waiting......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello moncherie12,

If it was sent priority mail, it should have been in TX by now.

Ask your agent to give you the tracking number. Most priority mail shipments come with ONLINE tracking numbers and you should be able to track the package that way. I'm using an visa agency and learned that it literally was a waste of money... a LOT of money.... They claim to be so helpful when all they really do is fill out the paperwork for you. Don't get me wrong, I would have paid money to make sure the paperwork was filled out correctly, however, when you claim you "help" from the beginning to the end... I expected a lot more.

Ask for the tracking number. ALSO you can call the post office and see if they can put in a tracking ticket for you. Most people don't know this, but the USPS can actually track packages for you even if you don't have any type of tracking number or anything. They're NOT guaranteed to find it, but in a lot of cases, they can track down the package/item. Call them and see if your agent can't give you the number. I believe you need the address it was shipped from and to and from who and to who it was shipped from and to.

I hope it's just the holiday that's making things backlogged but at least if you get some tracking information, you can doing some investigating yourself.

Good luck!!!!

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

10/22/2015: Received hard copies of NOA's for I-131, I-765, & I-485.

11/01/2015: Got NOA for biometrics appt (for 11/12/15).

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

12/09/2015: Got email/text notification for INTERVIEW date.

12/28/2015: Got email/text notification EAD card has been mailed.

12/31/2015: Received EAD/AP card.

01/11/2016: INTERVIEW (in Los Angeles office).

01/11/2016: Case in in "CONTINUANCE". Awaiting approval. (Feels like AP).

06/27/2016: I-485 APPROVED - (FINALLY!!!) / 264 DAYS (8 MONTHS 20 DAYS)

07/01/2016: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

salam , we sent our peticion the same day ( 12th nov )via express mail with trucking number , we included the G-1145 form in the package , it got delivered on the 14th , and then we recieved a notification via email that our pacakge is recieved , i think yours should be recieved by now , ask for trucking number and check it on the USPS website, hope you hear good news soon.

Edited by Younes-Maria

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.