tuja

need HELP cant really go for the cr1 now

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi,

please I and my wife was thinking of me applying for visiting visa since we think applying for cr1 again will take long and we wish to spend the xmas and new year together so we want to try our luck by applying for the visiting visa.but when I wad trying to fill the form at the purpose of visit please what should I choose?tourist business or the one with fiance or spouse and also.what do u think I should take along to the embassy.

thanks

If you just want to visit her and leave the country,you have to choose tourist/business visa path( non-imigrant ). but if you want to migrate then you have to choose spouse. If you are already married, then you are not allowed to apply for a Fiance visa.

if you want a tourist visa, then you have to prove enough that you have ties with your country maybe a property, a job all the thinks that you thing show that you dont want to migrate. It won`t be easy but you should try and who knows what happen

wish you look!!

Timeline

Nigieria doesn't easily give out visitors visas, with a US spouse how do you prove to them you intend to return to Nigeria ?

well we just want to try our luck. seriously,we hate the life we r living now and if I ont mke it to see her this december she may comit suicide. she has tried it and I dont want that to comeup again so I need something fast to do to spend few times with her.i need to come back quick too cos I have a business I need to look after.but she cant come this dec. they are not alowing her at work

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

well we just want to try our luck. seriously,we hate the life we r living now and if I ont mke it to see her this december she may comit suicide. she has tried it and I dont want that to comeup again so I need something fast to do to spend few times with her.i need to come back quick too cos I have a business I need to look after.but she cant come this dec. they are not alowing her at work

WOW how said. What you take is everything that will convince a CO at the interview that you will return. Most get a no soon as they walk up to the interview window because they have no evidence. You are married to a citizen so your ties are very strong to US.

Wish the best. All you can do is try.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

if you want a tourist visa, then you have to prove enough that you have ties with your country maybe a property, a job all the thinks that you thing show that you dont want to migrate. It won`t be easy but you should try and who knows what happen

wish you look!!

thanks. I will take along my house and land properties maybe take a picture at my farm too.just need to be there for 4weeks and get back

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The ties have to be very strong to Nigeria, not the US.

Exactly thats why I said "You are married to a citizen so your ties are very strong to US"

I was drawing the point that having a spouse in US your ties are strong to the US. And I also said he needs to bring evidence to convince a CO he will return to Nigeria.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

5 previous declined visa applications may not help.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Tuja,

I wish I had some helpful info for you. If you don't mind me asking, how come you haven't been able to get a cr-1?

Met - March 28, 2013

Married - May 28, 2014

NOA1 - June 16, 2014

NOA2 - November, 26, 2014

Sent to NVC - December 3, 2014

NVC Received - December 15, 2014

Case # Issued - January 20, 2015

AOS and IV Invoiced - January 21, 2015

AOS and IV Paid - January 22, 2015

AOS Shows as Paid - January 23, 2015

Submitted DS-260 - January 28, 2015

Receive Barcoded Document Cover Sheet and sent docs to lawyer - January 29, 2015

event.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi,

please I and my wife was thinking of me applying for visiting visa since we think applying for cr1 again will take long and we wish to spend the xmas and new year together so we want to try our luck by applying for the visiting visa.but when I wad trying to fill the form at the purpose of visit please what should I choose?tourist business or the one with fiance or spouse and also.what do u think I should take along to the embassy.

thanks

Hi tuja, I hate to be a bearer of bad news but it is going to be difficult to get a tourist visa. The consulate will think you are going to immigrate. first if you tell them that you wife is sucidal, that is a strong reason that she wouldn' t want you to leave after new year's. Like others have said you have to show strong ties to Nigeria. Also why don' t your wife try to go to a therapist/ psychiatrist and get a report on her mental state. That also could show that she needs you asap, and they could give an emergency visa. Any ways goodluck Edited by Ebu70

Timeline

Tuja,

I wish I had some helpful info for you. If you don't mind me asking, how come you haven't been able to get a cr-1?

we only applied one time and went for the interview. but when I was denied and they sent mail to my wife for us to reply within 30days. something was there that got us confused and I came on the forum but no one give me a quick and good advice and idea till the time passby.its on the money they mentioned on the letter. but we plan to re apply.so my wife came to nigeria and we plan to re send the petition. but on getting back she doesn't have time for herself again.combining both job and her mom in the hospital is very hard for her.just few days now they were able to operate the mom's heart it is along this that she became frustrated that want to make her commit suicide if not becos of some friends that talk with her and she was took to hospital. that is why I now think applying for petition now will take time.if I need ro be with u by dec.but I think just visiting will be faster to be with u and that will make her happy atleast going every 3months or 6. till things are done. I feel for her and I feel for myself too. cos is like hooking ourself.we are married but cant be with eachother and it makes things crazy

Timeline

Hi tuja, I hate to be a bearer of bad news but it is going to be difficult to get a tourist visa. The consulate will think you are going to immigrate. first if you tell them that you wife is sucidal, that is a strong reason that she wouldn' t want you to leave after new year's. Like others have said you have to show strong ties to Nigeria. Also why don' t your wife try to go to a therapist/ psychiatrist and get a report on her mental state. That also could show that she needs you asap, and they could give an emergency visa. Any ways goodluck

hmm thanks for the advice but that is the 1st time she will attempt such in the past 4years.i feel for her too.i am not ok too but just being a man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.