Sarahnick

Possible denials - curious

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm just a little curious what a possible denial could be other than the consulate not believing in a real and genuine relationship?

Just a little curious :) we recently filed our i129f so we are far from being approved but this comes to my mind sometimes!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Some consulates seem to deny if the petitioner doesn't make enough money and doesn't have a sponsor. That's the most obvious that comes to mind.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

I-129 denial reasons

failure to prove meeting in the two years prior to filing, some people actually file without ever having met in person.

sending the form with no supporting evidence.

not being free to marry when the petition was filed.

failure to prove citizenship

interview denial reasons:

crime of moral turpitude

past drug use

woman is pregnant with some else's baby. Yes this has happened!

not sharing a common language, inability to communicate with each other

relationship is outside the customs and standards of the immigrant's country

immigrant is found to have a disease which bars entry and fails to get treatment.

Previous illegal entry into the USA and failure to get a waiver.

Adam Walsh Act violation of the petitioner.

If I keep thinking, there's tons more reasons I've seen over the years.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

woman is pregnant with some else's baby. Yes this has happened!

Am I a bad person for thinking that if this was in a thread on VJ that I'd want to read it?!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

@otter...laughing. Otters are naturally curious, so no!

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Am I a bad person for thinking that if this was in a thread on VJ that I'd want to read it?!

lol I'm sure it has been on the VJ forum before. VJ has certainly been around long enough for it to have been. Although I came across it on an entirely different forum, where the embassy withheld issuing a K-1 visa until they informed the petitioner and asked him what he wanted with that knowledge. Of course he wanted the whole thing ended. In another such case the embassy was not aware the petitioner had gotten his fiancee pregnant on a return visit after the petition was filed. As they had no evidence of the visit in the evidence the woman brought, but the medical confirmed her as very recently pregnant. Its good to know the embassy is looking out for our interests

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm just curious, didn't want to offend anyone or anything or make anyone feel bad but I wanna see what other hVe been denied for, to make sure I myself won't be denied for any of them and also make sure that if there's a certain paper to bring/ or such to make sure I do etc!

I'm just curious, didn't want to offend anyone or anything or make anyone feel bad but I wanna see what other hVe been denied for, to make sure I myself won't be denied for any of them and also make sure that if there's a certain paper to bring/ or such to make sure I do etc!

Everyone is always worried before hand. I'd look for reviews about your embassy and what others have gone through. You should be able to get a list of what to bring right from the embassy in your country. While there are denials they are not really that common. If you have a valid relationship, and both parties meet the qualifications, then its almost always pretty easy. Its people who try to cheat or game the system that are the ones who often find themselves getting denied.

Oh thought of another denial reason, the couple is already married to each other. They either can't wait and get married after filing, or thought the K-1 was faster then the CR-1 so they'd sneak through using it. Or they have a marriage ceremony without the marriage certificate and the embassy finds out about it.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Indeed. There were few stories about got some woman pregnant by other man. It was hot topic a few years back.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Timeline

Another possibility is you don't pass the medical exam- I've read a few stories where people had to stay in their country and receive TB treatment for a couple months after an X-ray came back positive for TB (even if they didn't feel sick). If you even admit to past drug use, you get a 1 year ban. If you have "gang related" tattoos, you get a permanent ban with no waiver available.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hah,

We know about the """FIASCO""" at St. Luke's Medical.,.,.,,.called a "suspicious" X-Ray, it is just a scam.,.,.,.as "I know for a fact that the doctors are told on certain weeks, to find X-rays, "suspicious" and for what reason, I have no idea. I cannot reveal my source as it is a "visa company" very familiar with there tactics.

My wife was caught up in this.,.,.,BUT the week before her medical, I sent her to the largest, most competent X-ray clinic in Cebu city for a chest X-ray.,,..,.,.,IT WAS TOTALLY CLEAR.,.,.,.,.,.and one week later the last of 3 doctors viewing her film, ruled suspicious, causing us nearly 3 months, delay.,.,.,.,.,.and OF COURSE.,.,the sputum specimen came back totally normal!!!

One thing I will say, is they know when you have been delayed by this ""FIASCO"".,.,.,and her interview was scheduled at her convenience and her interview was "show me some pictures!!!

Great people, but such a corrupt government.,.,.no one nicer than the Filipino people!.

Another reason I've seen is where the petitioner is a legal resident of the beneficiary's country and is looking to move back to the US with them, but they failed to establish proper proof of re-establishing domicile in the US. I read a thread on British Expats about that once.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.