Romet

How do I answer their age difference question/s ?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

My husband is from Lebanon and I'm 10 years older than him. When he was interviewed by the CO, she asked him about the age difference. This is not the norm and I did worry about it. He replied, "No matter how old she is, she's still my baby angel." It's a shame that people are judged by their age differences in this day and age. Love is love....you can't contr who you fall in love with.

Just speak the truth about your relationship and age difference.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I've read some stories here on VJ about people that have had the same age difference and most of them said it wasn't mentioned in the interview but like you all said to be prepared for everything. What would you answer if the CO asked you "why didn't you marry an Egyptian girl in your age" ?. Love is not always convenient for them!

once again, be honest. You are asking others to come up with answers to questions that only YOU can answer. If asked tell them the truth..it;s really that simple. You are over thinking

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I had pretty much ALL the red flags (almost 12 years age difference, different religions, I'm divorced, etc. etc.), and our visa process went off pretty much perfectly. Although the interviewer was really, REALLY hard on him, it was approved and issued the same day, and received a few days later. Here is what I did to prove that our relationship was legitimate. I provided as much evidence as I could at every step of the process, even at times when they didn't ask for it. Basically any time I had to send anything, I also included UPDATED proof of our relationship. Here's a list of the things I remember off the top of my head:

1. A letter describing how we met, how we fell in love, when we got engaged, the time we spent together, etc. I addressed some of the red flags directly in my letter.

2. Letters from ALL FOUR of our parents, supporting our relationship.

3. Letters from three coworkers stating that they had spent time together with us in Egypt and would attest to our relationship being real. This included a doctor, the head of police in his city, and his boss (who also had UK citizenship.)

4. A letter from his uncle who had visited me in the US and helped us work out the details of our engagement

5. Photos of us together at each and every one of my visits to Egypt, at lots of different locations and with lots of different people: coworkers, his boss, his parents, his cousins, etc.

6. Letter from my religious leader agreeing to perform the wedding ceremony

7. Letter confirming the location of our wedding

8. Contract for a wedding photographer (a friend of mine)

9. Receipts from gifts and restaurants we visited together

10. Photos of our engagement rings

11. Skype-to-mobile receipts showing my phone calls to him in Egypt

12. A full history of our Facebook "friendship" showing the day we met, everything we had ever posted on each other's timelines, and the announcement of our engagement. (I made sure to click "see more" until everything was shown, including my friends comments about how excited they were about our engagement and their wishes for a happy marriage.)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I'm sure there was more. The point is: if you can think of something that proves your relationship, SEND IT IN any time they request anything. I sent proof with our initial package and with his medical and stuff that they requested before his interview. They didn't ask for proof of relationship at that time, but I wanted it included with our file so I sent it. I feel like that is the only reason we were approved. I hope this gives you some ideas.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm 21 years older than my husband. We didn't sweat it or send a bunch of evidence trying to justify it. His interview took less than 5 minutes and he wasn't asked about it at the consulate. Sometimes they ask about it, sometimes they don't, but, they do already know about it.

I hate it that that thingy says I'm a newbie. I've been on VJ nearly 10 years.

Edited by marriedimorocco

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.