charlie0225

New way pakages are being reviewed as starting today.

14 posts in this topic

Just spoke with an operator who informed me that starting today all packages will be reviewed based on the date of the last scan for that case. I sent my IV on 8/8 and RFE for my AOS on 8/15 and then on 9/9 I sent in a form that I realized I had left out of my package. Nothing will be looked at until they get to the 9/9 date for processing. The 60 day emails we got with the other scan dates mean nothing anymore. This is just so frustrating. So know I have to even longer to see if I have a checklist.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to NVC forum; topic is about NVC procedures that are applicable to multiple processes.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was told something similar by an operator this morning. Apparently, what they're doing is consolidating the received documents so that the reviewer looks at everything that has come in as opposed to doing it piece by piece. According to the rep, this should speed things up, but I too am skeptical. She said our documents were requested by a reviewer on October 1st and to check back within the next couple of weeks, but she didn't have a concrete idea regarding how long it'd take. Our last scan dates are 8/12 (civil docs) and 9/19 (AOS checklist response).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi

I received a email that NVC they got my documents Sept 22 2014 & it will take 60 days from the date they received to complete the review, is this not true now, I got this email Sept. 24th, NVC, requested original birth certificate, Marriage License,& Police report,

This is because they want everything sent in one package from now on, so until they have everything, they won't review it. Sending in items before they're checklisted only hurts you even though it seems like you're being proactive. The best thing to do is make sure everything is there in the first place.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

This is because they want everything sent in one package from now on, so until they have everything, they won't review it. Sending in items before they're checklisted only hurts you even though it seems like you're being proactive. The best thing to do is make sure everything is there in the first place.

why can't NVC just quote what you say? They write long letters and make things so complicated. It only takes two lines!

Because they're the government.. Long winded or confusing (or both) is what they do! :(

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got off the phone with a supervisor who confirmed that the 60 days is calculated from the last scan date. Theoretically, if you sent one set of documents almost two months before sending a second set, you could be looking at almost 120 days just to have the first set reviewed. That's pretty frustrating, especially if the first set of documents generates a checklist.

I called today and rep told me it will be 60 days from your last document was received. Even though I have October 6th was my 60 days for my first document. I have to wait another 60 days only to review my document. if you got check list then another 60 days. It's stupidity....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I sent my AOS and IV packages after my fees were available and PAID on CEAC website and i got email that my packages were received y NVC at September 12th, so what does that to mean to me ? do i expect more than 60 days period for my files to be reviewd ?

I sent my AOS and IV packages after my fees were available and PAID on CEAC website and i got email that my packages were received y NVC at September 12th, so what does that to mean to me ? do i expect more than 60 days period for my files to be reviewd ?

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They just switched this. I have a cover sheet for the AOS and a cover sheet for the IV.

The new instructions say:

... the Document Cover Sheet included with your NVC Welcome Letter, to the following address:

National Visa Center
Attn: DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

What Document Cover Sheet are they referring to? I didn't receive any cover sheet. The first letter I got from the NVC states my case number, IID, and beneficiary number and it tells me to file my DS-261.

As of now I am thinking of putting both the AOS and IV with their individual cover letters in one package and mailing to NVC with ATTN: DR.

The ATTN:DR is different than the ATTN for the AOS and IV cover letters.

Do I need to get a new cover letter? I would imagine agents can deal with the old cover letters if sent in ONE package but you never know.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I called today and rep told me it will be 60 days from your last document was received. Even though I have October 6th was my 60 days for my first document. I have to wait another 60 days only to review my document. if you got check list then another 60 days. It's stupidity....

Yup , u r right. This is really ridiculous. For my AOS Package, 60 days ended on October 1st. But they have received my IV packet on September 19th. So the operator told me to wait 60 days from the last date when they have received documents. Then they will review all documents together. So I need to wait until December 19. And after that if u get any checklist then may be 60 days for that. Wooow.....what a pain. F***ing ridiculous.

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

They just switched this. I have a cover sheet for the AOS and a cover sheet for the IV.

The new instructions say:

What Document Cover Sheet are they referring to? I didn't receive any cover sheet. The first letter I got from the NVC states my case number, IID, and beneficiary number and it tells me to file my DS-261.

As of now I am thinking of putting both the AOS and IV with their individual cover letters in one package and mailing to NVC with ATTN: DR.

The ATTN:DR is different than the ATTN for the AOS and IV cover letters.

Do I need to get a new cover letter? I would imagine agents can deal with the old cover letters if sent in ONE package but you never know.

The document cover sheet they speak off, I never reviced. We sent our packages together in one package. AOS with the payment cover sheet and same for IV and mailed together in same envelope.

They received the documents on the 6th and on the 8th October we got the 60day email.

So we waiting now.....

USCIS

10.02.2014 - Sent I-130

28.02.2014 - Received NAO 1

09.07.2014 - Transferred to CSC from NSC

28.07.2014 - RFE - Passport pictures

05.08.2014 - RFE - Sent recorded

15.08.2014 - NAO 2 Approved

NVC

27.08.2014 - Case received

08.09.2014 - Case number/IIN assigned - Rcvd via Mail

17.09.2014 - Submitted DS-261 & PAID AOS bill

19.09.2014 - AOS appeared as PAID

02.10.2014 - IV Bill available & PAID

03.10.2014 - AOS & IV Packages sent as 'ONE'

03.10.2014 - DS-260 Available

04.10.2014 - DS-260 Completed

06.10.2014 - AOS/IV package received by NVC - SCAN DATE

08.10.2014 - 60 day email received

01.12.2014 - Case Complete

18.12.2014 - Medical done

14.01.2015 - Interview APPROVED!!!

21.01.2015- Passport returned with visa

19.01.2015- POE - JFK (smooth entry)

09.03.2015- Applied for SSN card via local office

26.03.2015 -PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD (GREEN CARD) DELIVERED

09.04.2015 -SSN card didn't arrive so went back to local office & was given the number

15.04.2015 -SSN card in the mail

N-400 - Citizenship

Service Center:   Online

CIS Office - New York City/NY

12.18.2020 - Date Filed

12.18.2020 - NOA Date

07.02.2020 - Biometric Apt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The document cover sheet they speak off, I never reviced. We sent our packages together in one package. AOS with the payment cover sheet and same for IV and mailed together in same envelope.

They received the documents on the 6th and on the 8th October we got the 60day email.

So we waiting now.....

Yes, I sent our stuff in one envelope (after submitting the DS-260 online).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.