10 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I gotta question that most of you are annoyed about too. How come uscis says they do the cases in the order they receive them but yet there are people who get approved before others even though they filed after? And how can someone who filed in May be approved if the website says they're only on april? I already know about the expedition for people in the Phillipines and this was not it. I'm just curious as to why some have already been approved? Seems like we shouldn't even pay attention to any of these lists and processes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Cases are loaded into boxes when they arrive. Some people like US military get their cases expedited. ( And they deserve it) Rarely a case gets pulled to show a new employee the process ( lucky people ) The rest are shipping to the aging cellar. When they come out agents take a stack and stack working on then. It becomes the luck of the draw if you get Sally Slow or Susie Speedy. Each case has a number of steps, Reviewing the file, doing some initials checks in various databases. Each of these will take a different time for each person. If you have a name that matches someone with a red flag it takes a bit to clear it. Sometime in the pile of say 10 cases a worker takes , one of the others slows them up a bit , and they set that one aside to work yours. It would be foolish to make you wait behind everyone that filed ahead of you. Someone just posted that they waited 3 years to get approved , what if everyone had to wait in line until that case cleared ? Most differences in approval are really not that big in the large scheme of life. It just seems big at the moment.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I know how you feel since I myself got annoyed that people who applied after me got approved before me. What I learned (the hard way) was to not base my expectations on their approvals. We cannot control when our petitions get adjudicated, so instead, we should learn to control what we could, which is our selves. Hope but do not expect. Continue living life during the whole process. My approval came when I least expected it, yours will too. Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports -topic is case status/processing times ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys

I gotta question that most of you are annoyed about too. How come uscis says they do the cases in the order they receive them but yet there are people who get approved before others even though they filed after? And how can someone who filed in May be approved if the website says they're only on april? I already know about the expedition for people in the Phillipines and this was not it. I'm just curious as to why some have already been approved? Seems like we shouldn't even pay attention to any of these lists and processes.

Hello!!!

I know it is very annoying to see others getting approved faster. My big advice (Because I had 2 big emotional breakdowns in the processes of waiting for NOA2)

Go with the official estimated processing times from the USCIS, imagine that is how long it will take, and then if you are approved faster great! Our approval took almost 6 months, if I hadnt been overly optimistic thinking we were going to get approved in 2 months the process could have been easier for me.

This will sound like a very weird advice, but for the last 2 months we were waiting for NOA2 I made a deal with myself to only log into VisaJourney once every 2 weeks to avoid feeling sad of approvals of people who filed months after we did.

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Cases are loaded into boxes when they arrive. Some people like US military get their cases expedited. ( And they deserve it) Rarely a case gets pulled to show a new employee the process ( lucky people ) The rest are shipping to the aging cellar. When they come out agents take a stack and stack working on then. It becomes the luck of the draw if you get Sally Slow or Susie Speedy. Each case has a number of steps, Reviewing the file, doing some initials checks in various databases. Each of these will take a different time for each person. If you have a name that matches someone with a red flag it takes a bit to clear it. Sometime in the pile of say 10 cases a worker takes , one of the others slows them up a bit , and they set that one aside to work yours. It would be foolish to make you wait behind everyone that filed ahead of you. Someone just posted that they waited 3 years to get approved , what if everyone had to wait in line until that case cleared ? Most differences in approval are really not that big in the large scheme of life. It just seems big at the moment.

I know this might be a strange question but I wonder if people with rare names might get through the process faster. I'm hoping so at least, since I'm the only person in the country with my name. :whistle:

No i do not think rare names works on gettng through faster.

There does seem to be some countries that do go though or couples with first names of the same sex. Take a look at the first three August cases to get approved.

Anyways as i always say life is not fair. Look at where we filers were born and how much better we have had life than others around the world. Stuff happens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I know this might be a strange question but I wonder if people with rare names might get through the process faster. I'm hoping so at least, since I'm the only person in the country with my name. :whistle:

Sorry, nope. My fiancee has a very rare name that she nor I know anyone else having. It took 5 months +1 week for our NOA2 (so normal processing time).

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Life isn't fair, and to expect it from a government operation is overly optimistic. :lol:

As retired military, I can tell you now it will always be "hurry up and wait" when it comes to any government processes. Things may have improved, but with the volume going up, it counter-balances any improvements they made.

No one gets shown favoritism. There are qualifications, processes, and paperwork that must be filed in order to expedite a case. If you don't qualify, don't follow the process, or don't file the paperwork correctly your expedite request can and likely will be denied. Not everyone qualifies for it, it's typically reserved for military personnel about to be shipped off, and other special cases. Its highly unlikely that your case is one those 'special cases'. I occasionally see 'special cases' for people who are living in war zones, for example.

Some people's background checks take longer to come through, especially if your country has yet to digitize all their records, or your name matches someone else's who's been flagged in the database. If your packet didn't present enough evidence, and an RFE is issued that will delay things, if the adjudicator is new, or went on vacation, that can slow things down too. You can go here for the Q & A with a former USCIS Adjudicator. Whining about the process won't fix it, but keeping yourself busy will. Try preparing for you wedding, look into plans and designs, discuss with your partner about decorating the home and what he/she/you will need when they/you arrive in the US. There's plenty to do and prepare for, as long as you stay in contact with your love, visit as often as affordable, and keep yourself distracted. Busy makes the waiting go by much faster.

Too many variables in this process for impatience, or to expect any type of special treatment. Have some patience and realize that things will happen when they're meant to.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.