LoveMyMiky

NVC 60 Day Delay??? From even looking at Paperwork???

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Really??? And this is 1 year after NAO1 and 1 Month after NAO2 for my step daughter's I-130. Of course there was no delay in extracting fees out of my bank account. This has gone beyond ridiculous, tossed from California to Texas and now at the NVC is buried. Based on this, the month that has gone by, and the need to have an appointment at the embassy, this could be tied up at the NVC for 4-5 months!

26-SEP-14

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your documents on 24-SEP-14.

We are currently receiving an increased number of approved petitions from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. As a result, we are experiencing increased review times for documents received.

We expect it will be at least 60 days from the date we received your mail before we complete the review of your documents. We will notify you when we review your documents.

We are working to reduce these processing times and we appreciate your patience.

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Could be longer than that. They are taking 30 business days ~ 45 calendar days to review the DS-261 which must be approved before you are able to submit your DS-260 which will require another 60 days waiting. Then the Embassy transition begins - IF you don't get the dreaded checklist. We've been at NVC since June 11 and only the DS-261 has been reviewed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Wow, Thanks for the input, this is just nuts! Not to mention the pressure it is putting on the entire family!

As stupid as it may sound I am wondering if the 60 days are stacked (to your point), 45 for the 261 review, 60 for the I-864 (which triggered my letter), another 60 for the 260, and 30-60 for the interview??? We would be talking 6-7 months!!! Something that should be taking 45 days or less.

Would be nice to hear from someone who also got the 60 day notice and have made it through the process to help us align our thinking around this one, not to mention hopefully lower the blood pressure!

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

NVC had recently became the world beast!!!! I have been at NVC stage since April 28, 2014. My ds 261 took 50days before they reviewed it. AOS package 60days, IV 60days queue. Remember, after case complete, some embassy like lagos likes to schedule interview a month and half (45 days) in advanced. If you ever get a checklist, then you could be stuck for additional 60days for a checklist.

NVC have decided to destroy people's lives since the day of there 60days craziness...They have choose to control people's lives. Do you know why? Whenever u call NVC, they would pull your file and read you their 30 business days / 60days script. I asked why couldnt they just review the ds 261 just a contact information???? why can't they approve or deny once they pull from the system? why does it have to be hanging in the air and seat down waiting for the calendar to clock 30 biz days? She said its their own rules and they have to follow it.

Why couldn't they make the rules of *Once they start working on your case, they shouldn't leave it idle until they complete it before pulling newly approved once from uscis* Simple as ABC!

Few homes have been destroy due to the stress of NVC, few have dead due to the stress..... Let see who don't reason with this!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

NVC had recently became the world beast!!!! I have been at NVC stage since April 28, 2014. My ds 261 took 50days before they reviewed it. AOS package 60days, IV 60days queue. Remember, after case complete, some embassy like lagos likes to schedule interview a month and half (45 days) in advanced. If you ever get a checklist, then you could be stuck for additional 60days for a checklist.

NVC have decided to destroy people's lives since the day of there 60days craziness...They have choose to control people's lives. Do you know why? Whenever u call NVC, they would pull your file and read you their 30 business days / 60days script. I asked why couldnt they just review the ds 261 just a contact information???? why can't they approve or deny once they pull from the system? why does it have to be hanging in the air and seat down waiting for the calendar to clock 30 biz days? She said its their own rules and they have to follow it.

Why couldn't they make the rules of *Once they start working on your case, they shouldn't leave it idle until they complete it before pulling newly approved once from uscis* Simple as ABC!

Few homes have been destroy due to the stress of NVC, few have dead due to the stress..... Let see who don't reason with this!!!!

You can say that again. Another hurdle to cross again is at the Lagos embassy. If the visa is refused and sent back to USCIS, then another 4-6months wait again. Only God can save us from this immgiraton process.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, just buckle in guys. I have come to terms 20th the waiting. Some days I get anxious about it but there is nothing I can do...I am waiting til around December 5th to find out if my case gets closed and transferred to the embassy or if I receive another checklist.

All we can do is wait and hope for the best AND try not to go mad.

Hello Guys. I have noticed that they are reviewing DS261 which is only the choice of agent??? But when i completed the ds261 i have now pay the Aos fee after 2 days it shows paid then i can pay the IV fee after 2 days it was shows paid as status. Then can fill up the da260 Then we sent our documents in one package and wait atleast 60 days to review. I hope we dont get a checklist. ? i will wait till december 12th. Just keep on praying guys. Everything will be fine in Gods time. :)

Edited by Mrs.B

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got my 60 day notice on Sept 7th confirming that the scan of my documents went through on Sept 5th. I have not heard anything. In a couple of weeks it will mark one year since my partner and I submitted the I-130. I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks I hear something from the NVC about the status of my application. My congressman already wrote them and they gave his office the same bs response about 60+ days. its truly a waiting game.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Didnt take long for them to start reviewing my case maybe because my priority date was since last year only for them to send me a checklist for the AOS. As soon as I got it I sent them the corrected information the next day with even more detailed information and evidence. I am hoping to hear something from them no later then December 6. Its crunch time. I wonder what my life would be like if I had done the AOS right the first time and I cant imagine if I get another checklist. I am tired and its taking a huge toll on almost everything. Unfortunately when couples finally do get together they forget that this whole thing ever happen. As for me I will never forget.

Edited by JPatton

Didnt take long for them to start reviewing my case maybe because my priority date was since last year only for them to send me a checklist for the AOS. As soon as I got it I sent them the corrected information the next day with even more detailed information and evidence. I am hoping to hear something from them no later then December 6. Its crunch time. I wonder what my life would be like if I had done the AOS right the first time and I cant imagine if I get another checklist. I am tired and its taking a huge toll on almost everything. Unfortunately when couples finally do get together they forget that this whole thing ever happen. As for me I will never forget.

Kinda in the same boat here. My PD has been current since start of this year. Imy waiting for my AOS to be reviewed and if there are no errors then case closed. I should know around the 1st December.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Kinda in the same boat here. My PD has been current since start of this year. Imy waiting for my AOS to be reviewed and if there are no errors then case closed. I should know around the 1st December.

lets stay in contact with each other since we are in the same Caribbean boat lol! Lets hope we hear something before then cause I honestly don't think it takes 60 days it should be a little less. Which would mean a interview late December maybe or early January.

lets stay in contact with each other since we are in the same Caribbean boat lol! Lets hope we hear something before then cause I honestly don't think it takes 60 days it should be a little less. Which would mean a interview late December maybe or early January.

Sounds good to me! A late December interview would be the most amazing thing EVER! Lol but I'm not holding my breath. I am pretty sure I will receive a checklist again so I'm preparing myself for any and everything.

It can be so difficult to wait. When I think about it I get so upset about it. I'm through half ofull the 60 days so I am trying to stay positive here.

I had no idea how this whole visa process went until I found VJ in September while researching a fiancé visa.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This waiting is making me crazy, got another checklist 2 days ago and I feeling I'll have another checklist!!! Omg :(

I iust got a small mistake about ds 260 because of my father year of birth!! They still give me a checklist

This waiting is making me crazy, got another checklist 2 days ago and I feeling I'll have another checklist!!! Omg :(

I iust got a small mistake about ds 260 because of my father year of birth!! They still give me a checklist

That's horrible! So another 60 days + I wanna laugh and cry and the same time for you.. laugh because after 60 dayso that simple mistake can set you back and cry because it is 60 days!

Now I'm worried!

Send off the corrected info ASAP my friend. Goodluck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.