mondix

Very emotional after mailing I-129F

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys--

I just left the Post Office with empty hands - I just mailed our I-129F packet vis USPS Express Mail to the Lewisville address. It will be delivered on Monday September 8th by 3:00pm.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who as ever felt this way, but letting go of something I spent months working so hard on, has left me so emotional. (I made two copies of everything one for me to keep and one to send my fiancé -- no worries there folks!)

It's just that while I am excited to have completed this very first step, I feel empty now and a little sad.

Has this ever happened to anyone? It's a hard feeling to explain - I am over the moon that we are one (tiny) step closer to being together. But I think the idea of the many unknowns - RFE's or long waits for NOAs and case numbers or the petition in transit from one place to the next - that is making me terrified and sad.

I'm gonna give my fiancé a call this evening, I think talking to him will make it better, as it always does.

Tai

Don't worry, plenty more feels to come during your visa journey :P

Timeline

Thank you Iammrsregi!

I hope they are mostly good feels! The postal worker, who I asked to quadruple-check the Lewisville address as I wrote it, told me that I should trust and have a little more faith in myself.

And she's right.

:)

Edited by tmontoya28

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's stressful, it's crazy. Each day feels like a month but you'll be together soon and it will all be a memory. Then, there's AOS, ROC and citizenship! ;)

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Just wait until you get your noa2, I cried my eyes out in front of my laptop seeing the word approved.

That was the most emotional I got during the process.

And now I'm happily married and having so much fun.

Don't stress about how long you wait or sometimes how fast it comes.

Every step is worth it.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You have taken one of the first big steps on your immigration journey.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thank you so much for your kind words, A&B!

And congratulations to you, Cody and Daisy!!!

I'm so happy I decided to become a part of the VJ community. I don't know what I would do without everyone's support.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats and I wish you and yours the best on your journey.

Sending off the petition was very emotional for us as well, now we are both a little nervous about our interview on Wensday whew!!!

Enjoy every second of it, we can't believe we are almost at the end of our k1 journey!!!

You have many emotions through out this whole process, and yes VJ is the absolute best!! It helps us so much through the difficult times!!

I am the petitioner

I- 129f packet sent Jan 11 2014

Noa 1 Jan 15 2014

Alien registration number changed Jan 16 2014

NOA 2 June 16 2014 email and text

USCIS shipped petition to NVC June 19 2014 (Website update)

NOA 2 June 20 2014 Hard Copy Received

NVC case number received (via phone) July 1 2014

NVC forward petition to the embassy July 3 2014

consulate received petition July 8 2014

consulate received hard copy of petition(CEAC website update) July 15 2014

passed medical (took one day fiancee got there at 4:00am finished at 4:30pm) July 22 2014

CFO completed certificate issued (fiancee said people were very nice process very easy) July 30th 2014!!

Interview date scheduled for September 10th 2014!!

Interview approved!!!

Visa issued!! CEAC website September 16 2014!!

Visa received on September 18 2014 yeah!!!

POE September 21 2014!!! Yeeees!!! What a journey!!!!

Wedding day!! October 16 2014!!

event.png

event.png

Hey guys--

I just left the Post Office with empty hands - I just mailed our I-129F packet vis USPS Express Mail to the Lewisville address. It will be delivered on Monday September 8th by 3:00pm.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who as ever felt this way, but letting go of something I spent months working so hard on, has left me so emotional. (I made two copies of everything one for me to keep and one to send my fiancé -- no worries there folks!)

It's just that while I am excited to have completed this very first step, I feel empty now and a little sad.

Has this ever happened to anyone? It's a hard feeling to explain - I am over the moon that we are one (tiny) step closer to being together. But I think the idea of the many unknowns - RFE's or long waits for NOAs and case numbers or the petition in transit from one place to the next - that is making me terrified and sad.

I'm gonna give my fiancé a call this evening, I think talking to him will make it better, as it always does.

Tai

Your post made me both smile and worry about my own reaction when we send out our packet lol. I’ve also been working hard on our application to make sure everything is in order and that we have everything we need. I am visiting my fiancé in 2 weeks and we will finalize everything, and double (triple) (quadruple) check that we are all set to go.

I completely understand your feelings! Although feeling very excited that the journey will begin, it will no longer be in our (my) control. That for sure will make me feel uneasy and emotional. It’s good that your fiancé makes you feel better… Same with us, although I’ll be emotional and stressed he will be calm and help me chill out. One of the many reasons I am so in love with him and know we complete each other!

Remember to celebrate every step, as it is a step closer to being with him and your wedding day! I will try to remind myself as well lol!

Best of luck!

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who as ever felt this way, but letting go of something I spent months working so hard on, has left me so emotional.

Tai

I had similar feelings. It was a little scary letting go of that stack of papers that I spent three months carefully assembling. I even took a picture of the package at FedEx. It was the symbol of a new life about to begin, so I was also very excited and it paid off.

Yesterday was our six month wedding anniversary. Now we are waiting for the green card. I'm with the person that I wanted to share my life with, and I've never been happier. I wish the same for you.

Best wishes to you both!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Been there, remember that.

This thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

might have some insights worth reading about.

In that thread, see also the link in post #2.

Keep the faith.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have been following you a few days, and really impressed! All will be fine, and you must ocupy your time with other things, and just "file this away" in the close back of your mind.,.,.,as all will be fine.

Pacing yourself is so important,.,.,.and taking it a day at a time. IT IS A long journey, but you have to start sometime, so how about, now.

How would you like to be talking to your loved one in the Philippines, on New Year's Eve.,.,.,and a "pop up e mail" saying your application has been approved, your NOA 2 has been mailed! I do not know who cried the most! Things like this happen with the K-1 visa, expect the worst, and take the Best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I understand exactly and we have had a long road.. this time .. after lots of checking, double, triple and forever checking, even though there's a wait .. I think, it's on its way.. It can't happen without this part and it's in the system so we can breathe and know that we have done the best we can. I"m trying to stay so very busy... it helps keep my mind off it, a bit. So in short, you are not alone and we are all in this together. It is a journey.. you'll be ok. Best wishes.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Hey guys--

Tai

Most people will say this, but here goes again...

First off, congratulations, as you said you are that tiny bit closer to being together, forever.. I absolutely remember the feeling (for us it was in 2010) when my now wife sent off the petition, the anxiety feeling of getting prepared was definitely met with the feeling of emptiness. But have comfort in the fact that it's out of your hands, even though that might sound silly. Deal with RFE's if they happen, and remember they are NOT the end of the world, deal with whatever happens face on and you really don't be delayed! We got an RFE in our I-129F petition (birth certificate issue) and again in AOS (birth certificate issue again with co-sponsor), both times we took care of it and it didn't effect the outcome one tiny bit!

It sounds like you were ample prepared for the petition, I read your previous post about your package contents and I think you'll be fine. All that white letter paper scattered over the floor so bad you can't see the floor? All nicely bundled into a folder and taken to the post office, "Here you go government, here's my future".. oh yes, I think most people can feel it too?

One thing I will tell you, is the wait will be long and drawn out, there's simply no sugar coating that; it sucks.. but know this, right now you are building together something most people don't ever get to experience, and that's the blatant agony of being apart, the desire and appreciate to just be in the same room together, just to be able to hug, kiss and hold their hand. It's priceless and weird to say, but cherish it, and DON'T forget about it.

The silver lining here is though, some day soon(ish), you will be together, and then you will be walking down the isle (or however you choose to do that) and then your 'forever' (how my wife an I call it) will begin as husband and wife.. after that you WILL look back on this time as a BLIP in your forever. you WILL look back, just like my wife and I do today and be damn PROUD of what you did.. what I'm saying is the heartache of today will strengthen and solidify your forever; forever.

Don't think about tomorrow, plan for your future. My only other advise will be, stay busy, distract yourselves as best as you can and talk each and every day. Right now you get to plan your perfect future and that's something to be excited for.

Best of luck through your VISA journey, and yes as others have already mention, the VISA hoops will keep coming and coming. I moved here in 2011 and no I'm going through ROC, it's still that necessary thorn, but it gets easier, at least after this is done, the other hoops you can jump through hand in hand together, so know that it gets easier from now on in.

Good Luck! :dancing:

PS.. Also be thankful for today's technology, our loved ones are closer than you may think. Don't get angry when Skype fails you, or your Facetime connection fails.. be thankful for it.. when I was going through all that, I kept reminding myself of my parents, they immigrated to Australia in 1981, two years before I was born. My mum and dad left their families and ventured out for a new beginning. Back then to call back to England was $2 a minute, voice calling over a scratchy and delayed line! My mum told me she could only afford to call home once or twice a year. I guess we take for granted what we have, but I think sometime the stresses of not being together makes us not appreciate the tools we do have at our disposal! Imagine doing this 30 years ago? WOW!!

Edited by GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.