_Paul&Jesica_

September 2014 AOS Filers

2,278 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh gawd it's a fricking pain in the butt.. We got approved on April 22. First I thought we are done with this. But now we got this: of course they sent my greencard to the old address in Oregon. Of course. Then, after my boss forwarded it to me, I went to SSO today to change my status and wanted to go after to DMV and get a Texan drivers license. All in Austin. 50 min drive.

So the lady at SSO told me that even though my name appears correctly on the greencard, it doesn't in USCIS system. They put my middle name also as my last name. Great just great.

So I made an info pass appointment USCIS in Austin, the guy looks at it and says: well I can't do anything about it, since the mistake was done in Portland. You gotta talk them guys..I was like: yea but if I call them I can only make an info pass appointment. There's no phone number directly to the office. He's like: well then you gotta send them a letter!

Seriously it left me speechless! I am SO mad.

So now I wrote a letter to Portland and attached copies of the greencard, SSN and my drivers license in the hopes that they will just correct their mistake.

But I can already picture them answering me: well since you moved to Texas we are not responsible. Or even better: you can only change this by appearing in person in Portland field office or something stupid like that...

Please tell me something nice before I freak out...ARGH!

Sorry for the rant for all those who are still waiting..I know this is a first class problem..but my nerves are just wearing thin after dealing with USCIS for a year now :(

Edited by msdynamite, Today, 08:31 PM.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

We just got our potential interview waiver letter at the very end of April, although they originally mailed it to our former address in December. So at least it only feels like 2 months of waiting for us. We did change our address in October, got a letter IN THE MAIL at our new address acknowledging that they have our new address on file for this case, then they choose to send it to the wrong address anyway 2 months later. It took them 4 months to get the letter to our address that was supposed to be on file. Losing confidence in the system daily....we originally filed the AOS September 8th, so we are in the same boat with you, divikaki.

Wow that's insane. Glad they sorted it though. Fingers crossed the GCs start rolling in. Six months is definitely here.... :)

K1:

10.23.2013 I-129F sent
10.29.2013 NOA1 / Routed to CSC
11.15.2013 NOA2 / Petition approved
12.27.2013 Package 3 received
03.10.2014 Medical
03.17.2014 Interview

03.21.2014 Visa in hand

06.18.2014 POE Atlanta

07.09.2014 Apply for SSN

07.26.2014 Married

AOS:

09.16.2014 AOS/EAD/AP sent

09.24.2014 NOA1 texts/emails (x3) - Check cashed

09.27.2014 NOA1 Hardcopies (x3)

10.04.2014 Biometric Appointment letter (10.15.2014)

10.07.2014 Biometric Walk-in Appointment

11.25.2014 EAD in Production (Email and Text)

12.03.2014 Card mailed

12.04.2014 Combo EAD/AP card received

01.03.2015 Notice of potential interview waiver received

"What is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Hi everyone,

Our journey is getting closer and closer.....Our Interview was today and we got APPROVED!!!

Before leaving for the interview we prepared all the needed documents as follows:

1. Interview Notice and Government photo Identification
  2. Form I-693 (already submitted)
  3. Affidavit of Support I-864 (already submitted)
  4. Federal Tax return 2014 and W2s
  5. Letters from current employers and pay stubs
  1. Evidence of Sponsor’s US Citizenship (Birth Certificate, Passport, SSN card)
  2. Documents establishing my eligibility for lawful permanent status
  • Employment Authorization Document
  • Marriage Certificate
  • ID and SSN Card
  1. Travel documents to enter the US
    • Passport
    • I-94
    • Passport pages with visa and Port of Entry Stamp
  2. My Birth Certificate
  3. My Spouse Birth Certificate and evidence of US Citizenship
    • ID and SSN card
    • Passports
  4. Children Birth Certificates (this children are not from this union)
  5. Marriage Evidence
    • Copy of Marriage Certificate
    • Spouse Birth Certificate
    • Spouse Divorce Decree
  6. Supporting Documents for Relationship
    • 2014 Tax Return
    • Certificate of Approval to Maintain a Forster Home for Children
    • Ultrasound picture of our Pregnancy
    • Check book with both names
    • Bank Statements (June 2014, February-April 2015)
    • Insurance Documents, Geico (cars) and United Healthcare
  1. Rental agreement addendum
  2. Utility Bills with my wife married name
  3. Photocopies of Credit and Debit Cards
  4. Correspondences mailed to us
  5. Wedding greetings Cards from family and friends
  6. Wedding Invitation Card
  7. Pictures
  • Wedding Celebration Pictures
  • Court Wedding Pictures
  • Family time pictures

The Interviewer was a young man in his thirties very courteous. Scheduled to begin at 12.15pm, it is around 12.45pm that the IO came out and called our names, we followed him in his office where the interview took less than ten minutes.

We were asked only 3 questions after going through our file. The 3 three questions were:

1. He asked How met

2. He asked me if besides my 2 children I have any other children any where in the world, I answered saying no other except the 12 week old baby we are pregnant with, he then smile and asked when was the due date we told him and he wrote it down...

3. He asked if we have any other documents we would like to add to our file, we gave our 2014 tax return and W2s, wedding pictures, utility bill, insurance policies, bank statements, Credit Cards, Foster Parents certification, rental agreement addendum with my name on it. We had more to give but he said it was enough and kept three of our wedding pictures.

Then he said: "You file has no red flags, I'm going to approve you today and you will receive your GC from now to 2 or 3 weeks...." He also explained the process of naturalization as well as the AOS of my son....

Less than 30 minutes after we left his office we received a message about the update on our case status saying: "Card/Document Production, On April 27, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

After about and hour, we received another message saying: "On April 27, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice"

It has been a very unique journey, thank all of you for sharing your experiences from which we learn so much...

We are now waiting for our Welcome letter and GC......

Congratss!

NOA 1 Received Sept 6 2014...stil waiting for NOA 2 :clock:

Did you get an interview waiver? If you did it'll likely take over a year from when you filed...

Same boat. Same boat.

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got the interview waiver letter last March I think and still no news about my greencard. Sigh.... My aunt who got married in California this year (2015) already got her greencard (interview route). Ughh.. tired of waiting.

2013-12-12: I-129F Sent
2013-12-16: I-129F Received
2013-12-18: I-129F NOA1

2013-12-22: I-129F NOA1 (hard copy)
2014-01-09: I-129F NOA2
2014-01-13: I-129F NOA2 (hard copy)
2014-01-22: Got NVC Case Number (Status: At NVC)
2014-01-25: In transit to the Consular Section
2014-01-28: Consular Received (Ready)
2014-02-12: Passed Medical Exam @ SLMEC
2014-02-13: CFO done
2014-02-27: Interview APPROVED
2014-03-08: Visa Received
2014-03-13: POE Detroit

2014-04-16: Wedding Date

2014-09-26: AOS Sent
2014-10-06: NOA1 (Email/Sms)
2014-10-18: Biometrics Letter Received (10/11 Notice Date)
2014-10-28: Biometrics Appointment (Will try early walk-in)

2014-10-23: Biometrics Done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We never got an interview waiver... in October we got an 'approved for interview now wait' message. It has been 9 months. I am getting concerned because my EAD expires in October...

If they don't give an interview in time is there a way to extend the EAD?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We never got an interview waiver... in October we got an 'approved for interview now wait' message. It has been 9 months. I am getting concerned because my EAD expires in October...

If they don't give an interview in time is there a way to extend the EAD?

Yes you should reapply for the EAD and Advanced Parole (if you want that too). It is free to reapply. You just have to submit your receipt for the I-145, new passport photos, and a copy of the current EAD. Its very easy and you can reapply 120 days before your current one expires. We just sent my husbands renewal app for that in this week too since it expired in October like yours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Can someone maybe help me? Here's my situation: let's say my maiden name is Mary Miller. That's what's on my birth certificate and passport. I never had a middle name or second first name before. My husbands last name is Smith.So then I married an filled in the AOS application like this: Mary as my first name, Miller as my middle name and Smith as my last name.

I got my greencard and everything was printed like I applied for.

When I tried to update my SSN they said even though the card was printed correctly USCIS had me in their system as Mary Miller Miller. So I send a letter to USCIS and they changed it. I went to SSO and DMV and got the SSN and my drivers license like I wanted it. Mary Miller Smith.

Thought: good. Done.

But NOW I got another letter from USCIS that they checked my file and they saw I never had a middle name on my birth certificate so they changed my name in their system to Mary Smith without my maiden name as my middle name.

What I wonder now is: I thought I could just apply in the name I wanted if I never had a middle name before??? I heard lots of people did it this way.

How do I get USCIS to take my maiden name back in their system? Will it be a problem let's say for traveling abroad that I have my name on all my documents differently than USCIS has me in their system??!?

Help would be highly appreciated. THANK YOU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I got a letter today saying I've been approved for Perm Res! Green card should be here in 3 weeks.

Hope everyone has good news soon :)

I-129F Sent : 2013-11-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-01-09

Pkt 3: 2014-02-04

DS160 completed: 2014-02-03

NOR submitted: 2014-02-12

Medical: 2014-03-07

Case updated: 2014-03-12 (presumably medical received at Embassy)

Pkt 4: 2014-03-26

Interview: 2014-04-11

POE: 2014-06-03

Married: 2014-08-22

AOS Filed: 2014-08-29

NOA: 2014-09-05

Biometrics: 2014-09-23

Nothing since then!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I got a letter today saying I've been approved for Perm Res! Green card should be here in 3 weeks.

Congrats!

Hi everyone,

Congrats!! I´m still waiting for my NOA2..... :clock:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did you get an interview waiver? If you did it'll likely take over a year from when you filed...

Same boat. Same boat.

England2Wisco, I see that your timeline notes that you finally got your greencard. Can I ask how you received information from an immigration officer about the status of your case? Did you do an infopass appointment? We have been told by the customer service people that they have no idea about the status of our case other than the general status that we see online. Its super unhelpful. Let us know how you managed this!

thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.