_Paul&Jesica_

September 2014 AOS Filers

2,278 posts in this topic

England2Wisco, I see that your timeline notes that you finally got your greencard. Can I ask how you received information from an immigration officer about the status of your case? Did you do an infopass appointment? We have been told by the customer service people that they have no idea about the status of our case other than the general status that we see online. Its super unhelpful. Let us know how you managed this!

thanks!

I called the national service center and asked to speak to a Tier 2 officer, who is an immigration officer. The people who field these calls don't like that, either through ego or USCIS policy. You are best to call in the morning so you don't have wait too long. InfoPass is also an option, but same as asking for a Tier 2 officer.

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I called the national service center and asked to speak to a Tier 2 officer, who is an immigration officer. The people who field these calls don't like that, either through ego or USCIS policy. You are best to call in the morning so you don't have wait too long. InfoPass is also an option, but same as asking for a Tier 2 officer.

Thanks. We will try that again and be much more insistent. They kept telling us that wasn't an option, which I thought many people here have said IS an option like you did. My husband has a pretty unpredictable work schedule so it would be much easier to call for us. Thanks for your quick reply!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Received my green card today after getting the Welcome to the USA notice in the mail yesterday! :dancing: I didn't get any text or email update. So glad to be done with AOS process! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

N-400:

08/22/2020: filed online/NOA1

09/04/2020: biometric reuse notice
07/07/2021: interview scheduled

08/11/2021: interview —> approved/oath scheduled 

08/26/2021: oath ceremony 🇺🇸

Passport:

09/08/2021: application mailed (routine service)

09/14/2021: application received (locator #74)

10/23/2021: passport book received

10/29/2021: naturalization certificate received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Received my green card today after getting the Welcome to the USA notice in the mail yesterday! :dancing: I didn't get any text or email update. So glad to be done with AOS process! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that remembers me that I got an interview sometime earlier this year and that this month I got a letter saying I was approved and that I should expect my green card in the mail in 3 weeks. Definitely can't wait!!! After all the waiting and worrying I'm finally over with this part of the process for now. Thanks for the ones that gave me encouragement

Timeline

Just to let everyone know that remembers me that I got an interview sometime earlier this year and that this month I got a letter saying I was approved and that I should expect my green card in the mail in 3 weeks. Definitely can't wait!!! After all the waiting and worrying I'm finally over with this part of the process for now. Thanks for the ones that gave me encouragement

Congrats!

Well finally after a 9 month wait my wife gets her Welcome to the USA letter and told that our application has been approved.

We never got an interview or an interview waiver letter. Also if I check the status of the case it hasn't changed since 9/11 of last year.

Oh well, now we just have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the green card.

K-1 Visa

Oct 1st, 2013 – Mailed in I-129F Package to Dallas Lockbox.

Oct 4th, 2013 – Package Delivered.

Oct 9th, 2013 - NOA1 Text and Email

Oct 15th, 2013 - NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail. Notice date on hardcopy says October 8th.

Nov 13th, 2013 - NOA2 - update on USCIS website

Dec 9th, 2013 - Petition received at NVC

Dec 11th, 2013 - Petition sent to Manila

Dec 19th, 2013 - Embassy receives petition

Dec 29th-Jan 8th-Our first New Year's together.

Feb 23rd- Fly to Manila to be with Ema for the interview.

Feb 27th, 2014 - Interview scheduled. We were APPROVED dancin5hr.gif

Feb 28th, 2014 - Ema does CFO- Passes with flying colors.

Mar 6th, 2014 - Visa in hand and ready to fly home.

Mar 14th, 2014 - POE Los Angeles

Apr 17th, 2014 - Our Wedding date. (L)

AOS

Sept 5th, 2014 - Mail package to Chicago

Sept 9th - Package Delivered

Sept 11th - NOA1 Texts and Emails.

Sept 17th - NOA1 Hardcopys received.

Sept 20th - Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment for Oct 2nd.

Oct 2nd - Biometrics Done!

Nov 15th - EAD & AP approved and on the way!

No interview or interview wavier notice received

Jun 30th, 2015- Received welcome notice and approval.

July 23rd - Ema finally has her Green Card :dancing:

Timeline

Well finally after a 9 month wait my wife gets her Welcome to the USA letter and told that our application has been approved.

We never got an interview or an interview waiver letter. Also if I check the status of the case it hasn't changed since 9/11 of last year.

Oh well, now we just have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the green card.

Congrats!

Welcome letter mailed as of yesterday! finally. YAYAYAAAAY! Lets see if they send it to the correct address.....

Congrats!

Congrats!!!! I´m still waiting for my approval :clock: cuz Im stuck for 5 months in a uscis local office any idea why???? Thanks.

Edited by SeptemberFiller14

When did they first receive your application and what is your local office??

I apply first on September 2014, then they transfered my file to a local office, dont know where, I think is in NY, since there It´s been 5 months stuck , but in total I have 10 months waiting....Im in my country right now, any idea why they taking so long??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I apply first on September 2014, then they transfered my file to a local office, dont know where, I think is in NY, since there It´s been 5 months stuck , but in total I have 10 months waiting....Im in my country right now, any idea why they taking so long??

Well I think we all give our best guess about why, which is useless. But I will say that our case finally went outside our local office processing times. We called the customer service and requested that an officer look into the delay. They gave us a confirmation number and put in an inquiry request. Even now our online status say that that request has not been assigned to an officer for review, but 2 days after we submitted this inquiry the status changed and welcome letter sent. I don't think that is a coincidence. I think you should call and submit a request too. If there is no result from that, contact the ombudsman. As they say, squeaky wheel gets the grease. You have to be annoying sometimes to get answers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.