_Paul&Jesica_

September 2014 AOS Filers

2,278 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just received ours too. So upset!! We were planning on waiting to have kids till we move overseas, and weren't planning on moving overseas until he can get citizenship. What a long journey we have ahead of us.. :cry:

Hey everyone got interview waiver letter yesterday in the mail, looks like another 6 months of waiting for me. The waiting never seems to stop. Hopefully between that time I can get some good news hopefully. I wish I had gotten an interview instead of the interview waiver

Just received potential interview waiver in the mail today. I guess the wait in NYC continues.

We just our potential interview waiver too. Ugh, now we still have to try to see if he can get a drivers license here as it seems to be the one thing every job sees as an issue even though he's applying for shifts I can drive him to or he can literally walk too.

02/04/14: I-129f Sent

02/0714: I-129f Delivered

02/11/14: NOA1 Electronic Copy Received

02/1314: Alien Registration Number changed

04/21/14: NOA2 Electronic Copy Received

04/29/14: NVC Received Case / LND Number Received

05/06/14: London Received Case

05/13/14: DS-160 Submitted

05/15/14: Medial Exam

05/18/14: Readiness Form Submitted

05/22/14: Packet 3 Received

06/19/14: Interview - APPROVED!!!!

06/23/14: Visa Issued

07/28/14: POE Chicago!!!

08/18/14: Got married :)

09/17/14: AOS/EAD/AP Packet Sent

09/18/14: AOS Packet Received

09/22/14: EAD Electronic Notice of Action

11/25/14: EAD/AP Approved

12/04/14: EAD/AP Received

05/23/15: Big Reception With Both our Families!

06/26/15: Letter of Approval!

07/02/15: Greencard Arrived in Mail!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview on Wednesday at 10:45 am. Arrived 10 minutes early but took some time to get through security and check-in lines. Only waited about 5 minutes before we got called back. Did not get approved on the spot, however about an hour after the interview I got the email/text that my card has been ordered. Hope to have the green card in my hands sometime next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!

That's amazing! Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing more about your interview experience? What questions were you asked? How long was your interview? What evidence did you bring?

Thank you!

I had my interview on Wednesday at 10:45 am. Arrived 10 minutes early but took some time to get through security and check-in lines. Only waited about 5 minutes before we got called back. Did not get approved on the spot, however about an hour after the interview I got the email/text that my card has been ordered. Hope to have the green card in my hands sometime next week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you wazabiboy!

Interview was very straightforward and took about 15-20 minutes. Started by placing us both under oath and then basic questions for my wife about me. Things like full name, birthday, place of birth, and how many kids we have. Then asked me the same questions about my wife. Asked to see my passport and social security card. After that he asked me all the yes/no questions on the application. When we finished he explained that I would get one of three letters in the next six weeks - approval, more info needed, or denial. That's why I was very thankful to get the card ordered email/text an hour afterwards.

For evidence we brought our 2 year old daughter, marriage certificate, 4 birth certificates (we have 2 kids), 4 social security cards, 4 passports, 2014 tax return, mortgage papers, life insurance policy, vehicle title, website printout of my last I-94, letters received from USCIS, 40 pictures from 1998-now, and our wedding album. He ended up keeping the I-94/TN work visa paper that was in my passport (I have the EAD card) and our 2014 tax return, didn't even look at the pictures or wedding album.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone..it looks like everyone has been approved so far. For the ones waiting for a waiver,,take heart the decision will be here before you know it. I have an interview on Thursday at 1200 pm. It is such an odd time i feel. I am not nervous as i used to be in the past, i know i should be since i don't have a lawyer but i know my God will be present.

This is what we have

Joint taxes for 2013 and 2014

Joint lease for the last 2.5 years

Joint account, debit cards, cheques, recent bank statement

Health insurance with both our names

car insurance with both our names old and recently renewed

Bills with both our names, electricity, water sewer and trash, internet...we don't watch TV so we have never had cable.

Tithe and offering receipts as we both met at our church and still are members there..

Picture before we met, during my graduation, with family members, with church members, during choir performance as we both sing in the choir, two or three wedding picture..

Things we don't have that i wonder if will make a difference

Our wedding album..i lost my album when we moved..we will be doing another ceremony next year when we both travel to our country of origin

Did not exchange wedding rings/band..we are seventh day Adventist hence don't exchange rings

I did not change my last name..my husband is okay with that..my mother never changed hers either and they have been married for 35 years so really what is in a name.

Vacation tickets..i hate flying, i get really nauseous so we have been doing road trips i didn't keep receipts since i never thought it would be used as evidence lol.

We don't have children..we have been married almost three years..we haven't been so lucky yet.

I need prayers friends especially for confidence..i get nervous especially since i started a new job this week it has been a stressor in my life and taking full time graduate school.

Anything that i need to bring along..other than the obvious, birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, social security( is it even necessary) employment letter..W-2, WP,...thanks.

09/02/14 sent AOS

09/05/14 AOS received

09/21/14 NOA received

11/16/14 Biometrics done

10/07/14 RFE for Birth Certificate

11/03/14 RFE received by MSC

11/05/14 RFE in reviewing process

11/12/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/26/14- EAD Mailed

12/3/14 EAD received.

02/14/15 AOS interview scheduled for 3/19/15

03/19/15 Interview...

03/19/15 Approved. Thank you God!

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I think this would definitely help those who are preparing for the interview.

Congratulations to you and your family again!

Thank you wazabiboy!

Interview was very straightforward and took about 15-20 minutes. Started by placing us both under oath and then basic questions for my wife about me. Things like full name, birthday, place of birth, and how many kids we have. Then asked me the same questions about my wife. Asked to see my passport and social security card. After that he asked me all the yes/no questions on the application. When we finished he explained that I would get one of three letters in the next six weeks - approval, more info needed, or denial. That's why I was very thankful to get the card ordered email/text an hour afterwards.

For evidence we brought our 2 year old daughter, marriage certificate, 4 birth certificates (we have 2 kids), 4 social security cards, 4 passports, 2014 tax return, mortgage papers, life insurance policy, vehicle title, website printout of my last I-94, letters received from USCIS, 40 pictures from 1998-now, and our wedding album. He ended up keeping the I-94/TN work visa paper that was in my passport (I have the EAD card) and our 2014 tax return, didn't even look at the pictures or wedding album.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Hi everyone. I just received my welcome letter today. I never got an interview waiver and never went to an interview as well. Just waiting for the green card in the mail. Thank You, Lord.

What is impossible with men is possible with God - Luke 18:27

Spoiler

Our Timeline

February 27, 2017 Biometrics Appointment

February 17, 2017 Received NOA2 - ASC Appointment Letter

February 9, 2017 Received NOA1

February 7, 2017 I-751 check payment has been cashed

January 31, 2017 Mailed I-751 packet

March 21, 2015 Received green card in mail - Thank You, Lord.

March 16, 2015 Received Welcome Letter in mail

March 10, 2015 Text message and email received: Green card is in production - did not receive any interview waiver letter and no interview.

December 19, 2014 EAD card received

December 18, 2014 Email update: EAD card is mailed

December 11, 2014 Received email: EAD card in producion

December 2, 2014 Biometrics appointment

November 22, 2014 Received biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

September 30, 2014 Received NOA1 (I-797C) for AOS and EAD

September 26, 2014 Email and text AOS acceptance notification received (around midnight)

September 19, 2014 AOS and EAD sent

September 11, 2014 Received Social Security Card

September 10, 2014 Civil Surgeon

September 4, 2014 Name change on Social Security Number

August 23, 2014 Wedding Day!

August 8, 2014 Applied for Social Security Number; got marriage license

July 25, 2014 Port of Entry: Chicago

May 16, 2014 CFO seminar

May 13, 2014 Visa on hand

May 5, 2014 Interview: approved

March 13, 2014 Medical exam - third day (went back to St. Lukes for Tdap vaccine)

February 24, 2014 Appointment letter received

February 14, 2014 Medical exam - second day (vaccine day)

February 13, 2014 Medical exam - first day

January 29, 2014 Case received by consulate

January 9, 2014 Case left NVC

December 13, 2013 NOA2

October 18, 2013 NOA1

October 14, 2013 I-129F sent

July 19, 2013 Got engaged!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi everyone. I just received my welcome letter today. I never got an interview waiver and never went to an interview as well. Just waiting for the green card in the mail. Thank You, Lord.

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow. Now that is the kind of thing I like to hear. COngrats!!!!

Hi Kash and KMR, Thank you guys! I hope all is well with your AOS application.

What is impossible with men is possible with God - Luke 18:27

Spoiler

Our Timeline

February 27, 2017 Biometrics Appointment

February 17, 2017 Received NOA2 - ASC Appointment Letter

February 9, 2017 Received NOA1

February 7, 2017 I-751 check payment has been cashed

January 31, 2017 Mailed I-751 packet

March 21, 2015 Received green card in mail - Thank You, Lord.

March 16, 2015 Received Welcome Letter in mail

March 10, 2015 Text message and email received: Green card is in production - did not receive any interview waiver letter and no interview.

December 19, 2014 EAD card received

December 18, 2014 Email update: EAD card is mailed

December 11, 2014 Received email: EAD card in producion

December 2, 2014 Biometrics appointment

November 22, 2014 Received biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

September 30, 2014 Received NOA1 (I-797C) for AOS and EAD

September 26, 2014 Email and text AOS acceptance notification received (around midnight)

September 19, 2014 AOS and EAD sent

September 11, 2014 Received Social Security Card

September 10, 2014 Civil Surgeon

September 4, 2014 Name change on Social Security Number

August 23, 2014 Wedding Day!

August 8, 2014 Applied for Social Security Number; got marriage license

July 25, 2014 Port of Entry: Chicago

May 16, 2014 CFO seminar

May 13, 2014 Visa on hand

May 5, 2014 Interview: approved

March 13, 2014 Medical exam - third day (went back to St. Lukes for Tdap vaccine)

February 24, 2014 Appointment letter received

February 14, 2014 Medical exam - second day (vaccine day)

February 13, 2014 Medical exam - first day

January 29, 2014 Case received by consulate

January 9, 2014 Case left NVC

December 13, 2013 NOA2

October 18, 2013 NOA1

October 14, 2013 I-129F sent

July 19, 2013 Got engaged!

Filed: Other Timeline

We received our letter with the interview schedule the other day, for April 15. Pfuu finally!!!! :). We are happy and also a little bit stressed. Until now it was just the wait for the schedule but now that the interview is there it doesn't seems real at all. I have the filling that the days are shorter and shorter ...OMG I might go crazy till the interview :-s

Anyway, for dose who had the interview, and came on a k1 and had their medical examination and vaccination already in their country, did you had to do another set of medical examination here in US for the USCIS?

On our notice for the interview it says that we should bring a medical examination and vaccination supplement(it dose says unless already submitted, BUT WE NEVER SUBMITTED ANYTHING WILE I'M IN US).

I remember that I had a medical examination before I came to US and before the interview at the embassy, in my country. I think I had a kidney scan, psychological examination, eyes exam and some other exams I don't really remember. I took all the medical exams from the doctor to the embassy sealed in an envelop and gave it to the person that interviewed me and he gave me another envelop with all my paper that I had to give it to the person with the immigration at the airport when I entered US. They (at the airport) took all my papers and said that they are going to send everything to USCIS. So I guess my medical exams are at the USCIS but how can I be sure? Should I call? Do I need another set of medical exams from here? .....

Pfuu..

Help!

And thank you all for the infos!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Has anyone here ever rescheduled their interview?

Mine just got scheduled for April 22nd and I will be out of town..

Anyone any experience with this?

Happy to know that you had your interview scheduled and its gives hope for mine as we share almost he same timeline and local office. As for rescheduling, I did not had the experience but I will suggest that if possible cancel what ever will be taking you out of town and finish with this long wait...

K-1 Adjustment of Status Event Date

CIS Office : Portland OR

Date Filed : 2014-09-16

NOA Date : 2014-09-19

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10 (Done)

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document Event Date

CIS Office: National Benefit Center

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10

Approved Date : 2014-11-14

Date Card Received : 2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)
Estimates/Stats : EAD was approved in 59 days.

Advance Parole Event Date

CIS Office : National Benefit Center

NOA Date :

Date Received :2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)

Estimates/Stats : AP was approved in 59 days.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow!!! This is what I'm talking about! Our God is indeed the miracle worker...Congratulations! To God be the Glory!

K-1 Adjustment of Status Event Date

CIS Office : Portland OR

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10 (Done)

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document Event Date

CIS Office: National Benefit Center

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10

Approved Date : 2014-11-14

Date Card Received : 2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)
Estimates/Stats : EAD was approved in 59 days.

Advance Parole Event Date

CIS Office : National Benefit Center

NOA Date :

Date Received :2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)

Estimates/Stats : AP was approved in 59 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.