nsolo

August 2014 filers

184 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are not all in this together.

You had the benefit of CSC.

You have a fiance in the Philippines.

So how are we all in this together, exactly?

P.S. Congratulations.

We are all in this together, meaning...we are all in this journey with one mission. its just a figure of speach....

CONGRATS Ninahi and Tar-Jean1!!!

I-129F Sent : 2014-08-19

I-129F NOA1: 2014-08-26 Never received the hard copy...

I-129F NOA2: 2014-10-27 As of USCIS website status... 2014-10-28 As of Hard Copy in the mail...

I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy: 2014-11-01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We are all in this together, meaning...we are all in this journey with one mission. its just a figure of speach....

I will take it as a figure of speech then. No hard feelings. We are going to have to agree to disagree. We are not all equal. Although we are all focused on a common goal and following the same procedures, we are not equal, and we are not on the same journey. Like it or not, to USCIS we are numbers, not people. Some numbers get better and/or faster service than others.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Can you share how things went about after your approval?

For example how did you find out when NVC received your petition and when they sent it to the consulate? Were you able to pick the date you want from the three open dates, or did they just assign you?

I started calling NVC at day 7 after NOA2, I was premature and my gut told me I was, but I was chomping at the bit. Unless you have a strong feeling it is there, if I had it to do over I would have waited until day 14 because that is the day I felt it would be there and the day it did get there. Do not ask how I knew I just knew. But I called every two business days, it took anywhere from one call to get thru to 155 redial try's and then I was hold for anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour 1/2 before talking to a person.

Our case went through NVC like lightning, it arrived Friday and Left Tuesday and was at the consulate the following Tuesday. We did not know how fast it would go through. we had read it would take 5 -15 business days.

Our packet is simple, no divorce's, no children involved, no criminal records, both have decent jobs, financially secure (no we have not always been financially secure, that is why we are frugal and humble) I have a USG Security clearance, which may have helped with any investigative stuff, because they type in my SSN and it comes up and they know I am clean by that. It may have helped somewhere, I do not know. My work had to investigate my fiancee early on, because of my job, so they may have had access to those records as well, I do not know for sure. This why we did not post pictures or use our real names here.

I tried to use DHL tracking trick to track our package never did find it on there neither did a few others on here who tried helping me. I just kept trying the CEAC site and then finally came up as at the consulate, but once it leaves NVC it is now an immigrant case.

We completed the DS-160 early and did not submit until we had a new case #, once we got that we clicked submit. I registered my fiancée on the Consulates website and she paid the fee locally. She insisted on paying all expenses out of her funds, which I respectfully agreed to.

Some Consulates assign Interview dates some you register online with them and you chose, best to search the particular consulates website or post a clear question about interview appointments and a particular consulate as new thread.

We then entered MRV number on consulate registration site. it took us directly to interview appointment schedule, there were only three appointments available for the next two months, all on the same day. we had no choice but to select one of those three.

NOTE: In Israel you must request police certificate in advance by three weeks, it must be mailed directly to consulate and it takes two - three weeks to arrive. The will not accept a hand carried police certificate from Israeli police department. I went by my gut feelings and had my fiancée request the police certificate 2 1/2 weeks ago, prior to us knowing the case had arrived at NVC. once again gut instinct,

Fiancee had tried to request medical two weeks ago but clinic said no because we did not had an interview appointment. Fiancee called Yesterday 10/30/14 and talked with the same lady who had refused her two weeks ago, she explained our situation the lady knew my fiancée's name, she had not given her name when she called previously. My fiancee gave her last and the lady said are you ____ and she said yes that is me. Consulate must have given the clinic her name. Anyways the clinic was very accommodating and agreed to get her in immediately and fiancée will pickup her medical report day before interview and hand carry it to interview.

Notes: We are praying her police certificate has arrived or arrives prior to her interview. Also we took a chance on doing things early, do it to early and they require new police certificates. wait to long and we would of had to of waited until January or so for an interview.

Also, this is why I put together a package of stuff for my fiancée and mailed it to her early (about a week after we received NOA2) I mailed her everything she needed for financials and letter of intent, just in case things went crazy fast, I knew I would not be able to get it to her in time they did. I had just mailed her a updated packet this last Wednesday, not knowing our interview would be next Wednesday (we did the scheduling yesterday). because of all the things she must do traveling using buses, trains and taxis, she will not be at place of residence when it arrives. We are glad my Gut instinct told me to do this early.

I cannot take credit for the gut instinct. Some know where I am going already, we have felt guided the entire journey, so far on every move we have made. We pray together on Skype daily and before our meals whether in public or private, even if it is a silent prayer.

Some who have read my posts know we have had some major tribulations, war, death, friend had surgery, 75 of her Filipino soldiers friends trapped in Syria exchanging fire with local rebels for several days, Major protests where she and her friends had to be evacuated from the flat by soldiers. We believe God has blessed us with this fast movement from standing strong and not giving up.

People I know how things work with the USG, sometimes it happens so fast your head spins trying to complete paperwork in time and sometimes you can grow cactus faster than the paperwork flows.

Do yourself a favor and start figuring what you need early, down load the PDF forms and complete them early and just update them weekly like I did, figure out who you need to talk with to get letter of employment verification and letters from banks, start those now, make pals with someone there and they will do new ones for you periodically without a hassle. when you know your case in at NVC or it s way there, send your fiancée a complete packet of what they need from you and if you have to send them an updated packet every three to four weeks, we paid the $24.50 USPS priority mail rate twice, I was prepared to pay that every three to four weeks, with all of the cost we are all looking at what is another $25.00. My fiancée protested with me about sending her a packet early because of the costs, but she is glad I did, had I not done so we would be in a world of hurt right now.

Probably a lot, lot more information than you wanted, but I hope it helps those still waiting for NOA2 and NVC approval. Lots of people helped us here so I felted Obliged

Finally done jabbering

Timeline

Got the NOA2 hard copy from USCIS....

any updates with you guys?

I-129F NOA2: 2014-10-27 As of USCIS website status... 2014-10-28 As of Hard Copy in the mail...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Got the NOA2 hard copy from USCIS....

any updates with you guys?

Congrats for the approvals everyone! Our RFE is currently under review and has been since Oct 29, so I guess we'll have to wait a little bit more :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Also got hard copy of NOA2 today.

We're figuring out our schedule, as we're not in a HURRY HURRY to live together. I have a lot of things to take care of in my country, and I like to plan everything down to the last details, so we're not speeding ahead. Slowly starting to sell things I won't be taking or holding onto, finishing my university education, getting my healthcare needs in order, so on so forth. :)

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

Also got hard copy of NOA2 today.

We're figuring out our schedule, as we're not in a HURRY HURRY to live together. I have a lot of things to take care of in my country, and I like to plan everything down to the last details, so we're not speeding ahead. Slowly starting to sell things I won't be taking or holding onto, finishing my university education, getting my healthcare needs in order, so on so forth. :)

Congrats, sounds like a good plan. just schedule things out and that will help delay it.

Timeline

congrats annem!!!

im hoping i get the letter soon from nvc....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.