nsolo

August 2014 filers

184 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

It is hard to stay positive when some people are pulling really fast NOA2s and approvals and we're moving at Texas speeds.

Two more weeks before we're over 100 days.

At this point I'd rather get a RFE than wait in silence, at least I'd know that someone, somewhere has at least taken a look at our application.

I was thinking of starting to look at what we need for the next phase. Most the stuff I need to collect is valid for only a couple of months, so it's too risky to start calling agencies to collect all the necessary papers. The process could easily take another two months before we start calling USCIS.

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

Yup, I agree it is hard to stay positive. CSC should really process petitions based on NOA1 dates. That would only be a fair thing to do. After all, we all paid the same amount of money to them for the same type of service.

It is hard to stay positive when some people are pulling really fast NOA2s and approvals and we're moving at Texas speeds.

Two more weeks before we're over 100 days.

At this point I'd rather get a RFE than wait in silence, at least I'd know that someone, somewhere has at least taken a look at our application.

I was thinking of starting to look at what we need for the next phase. Most the stuff I need to collect is valid for only a couple of months, so it's too risky to start calling agencies to collect all the necessary papers. The process could easily take another two months before we start calling USCIS.

Filed: Timeline

I am frustrated just as everyone else is. It sad that I am more angry at those people who are getting fast approvals rather then happy but it is just not fair especially when they rub it in our faces knowing that there are those that have been waiting for much longer. I was wondering are there people who have tried calling TSC to complain? I really wish we could all come up with some way to send a message to them at how unfair this is.

I-129F Sent: 08/27/2014

NOA1: 09/02/2014

NOA2: 04/02/2015

Received by NVC: 04/20/2015

NVC Case Number: 04/21/2015

Left NVC: 04/27/2015

Medical: 04/28/2015

Embassy Ready: 4/30/2015

Packet 3 Sent: 5/02/2015

Interview/Approved: 6/17/2015

Issued: 6/29/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I try to feel happy for the fast approvals, but I have to agree that I feel a sting of jealousy every time I see an Sept or Oct filer get approved for what appears to be no specific reason (no humanitarian expedition). I understand why expedite people who are coming from countries with social unrest or natural disaster.

I doubt snowing Texas under complaints is going to make the process any faster for anyone. The discrepancy between the two service centers is ridiculously vast.

But worry not, some of us CSCs get to wait a long time too.

I think I need to go back into my thesis writing so days will fly by and I won't have time to think about this whole process for now. I think checking my status three times a day is getting a little neurotic. :no:

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I too feel the same way about being frustrated on how its taking soooooo long. its not fair how people filed after we did and got approved before we did.

hell....we havent even received our hard copy of noa1 in the mail.

sigh.... :clock:

I-129F Sent : 2014-08-19

I-129F NOA1: 2014-08-26 Never received the hard copy...

I-129F NOA2: 2014-10-27 As of USCIS website status... 2014-10-28 As of Hard Copy in the mail...

I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy: 2014-11-01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I too feel the same way about being frustrated on how its taking soooooo long. its not fair how people filed after we did and got approved before we did.

It's not fair. It's not intended to be a fair system. Everyone pays the same fees. Everyone goes through the same filing process. If you live in the 'wrong' state, you have to wait six times longer for your approval, because the USC didn't pick the right place to live in. When you post on here about being frustrated, many will reply that you 'have to 'just wait like everyone else' (although not everyone else has to wait!), that you should just be patient (does that not just drive you nuts?!), keep busy, and basically, just suck it up. Therefore when anyone posts that we are 'all in this together', just ignore it.

About your hard copy NOA1, I don't think that is too important, but you will need the NOA2 when you get to that stage. Wishing you all the best. It would be wonderful to be able to offer you some comfort or reassurance, but if I tried, I'd be making it all up,

Edited by wbeem
Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

NOA1 from I have read is not that important. When you get the NOA2 it clearly states on there to keep the original in a safe place you will need it later. We are doing this and we made a few copies, so if it gets lost we will have the information on there and be able to use to get a second original.

Timeline

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between October 12, 2014 andOctober 23, 2014*.

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing timesthen you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline

how accurate is this thing? should i just wait or should i call? im running out of patience.... :mellow:

I-129F NOA2: 2014-10-27 As of USCIS website status... 2014-10-28 As of Hard Copy in the mail...

I too am frustrated, anxious, restless, jealous, and sad. It would be nice to know exactly what they are doing with our files. That's all I ask of from them.

I am frustrated just as everyone else is. It sad that I am more angry at those people who are getting fast approvals rather then happy but it is just not fair especially when they rub it in our faces knowing that there are those that have been waiting for much longer. I was wondering are there people who have tried calling TSC to complain? I really wish we could all come up with some way to send a message to them at how unfair this is.

I try to feel happy for the fast approvals, but I have to agree that I feel a sting of jealousy every time I see an Sept or Oct filer get approved for what appears to be no specific reason (no humanitarian expedition). I understand why expedite people who are coming from countries with social unrest or natural disaster.

I doubt snowing Texas under complaints is going to make the process any faster for anyone. The discrepancy between the two service centers is ridiculously vast.

But worry not, some of us CSCs get to wait a long time too.

I think I need to go back into my thesis writing so days will fly by and I won't have time to think about this whole process for now. I think checking my status three times a day is getting a little neurotic. :no:

I need help in understanding this ppl. Please give me any input you may have. My NOA 1 was August 14 . I am at the CSC. I just received this email and text from uscis saying this:

On October 28, 2014, your name was updated relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website atwww.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

What does it mean? Why are they updating my name after 70 days now. It still says case case " initial review" . Am i getting a RFE? What is updating my name mean?

Called USCIS and spoke to Level 2 officer (tier 2). Took about 25 minutes to be connected to a female officer. After asking me to confirm my personal info, she put me on hold for another 3 minutes. She came back and said it is taking 6 months to process at the facility (CSC). Right now they are processing early May petitions. Mine won't be looked at until December.

So I said to her some other people who have filed later than I did have been approved. She replied, "how do you know what others have filed? Those are false information.".

I simply just said, "oh okay, thank you for your time". I didn't want to tick her off any further.

:cry::crying::cry::crying::cry::crying:

Any suggestion on what I should do? Wait or contact Congressman/Senator? Is it too early for that?

Edited by nsh

Not sure what it means but on the bright side, they have touched your file at least.

Have you thought about given them a call and asking them what it means? They open until 6pm.

I need help in understanding this ppl. Please give me any input you may have. My NOA 1 was August 14 . I am at the CSC. I just received this email and text from uscis saying this:

On October 28, 2014, your name was updated relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website atwww.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

What does it mean? Why are they updating my name after 70 days now. It still says case case " initial review" . Am i getting a RFE? What is updating my name mean?

Not sure what it means but on the bright side, they have touched your file at least.

Have you thought about given them a call and asking them what it means? They open until 6pm.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the question. at lest they are reviewing it, maybe it was input in the beginning and now that someone is reviewing it they found and error and the system did auto update.

Timeline

Called USCIS and spoke to Level 2 officer (tier 2). Took about 25 minutes to be connected to a female officer. After asking me to confirm my personal info, she put me on hold for another 3 minutes. She came back and said it is taking 6 months to process at the facility (CSC). Right now they are processing early May petitions. Mine won't be looked at until December.

So I said to her some other people who have filed later than I did have been approved. She replied, "how do you know what others have filed? Those are false information.".

I simply just said, "oh okay, thank you for your time". I didn't want to tick her off any further.

:cry::crying::cry::crying::cry::crying:

Any suggestion on what I should do? Wait or contact Congressman/Senator? Is it too early for that?

now im losing hope spending xmas with my family....specially my daughter. :cry:

I just read your post @nsh its funny how these USCIS workers are confused and lie through their teeth. If she was so right about CSC reviewing May files. Then w6hy would they update my name after this long? I am an august filer and I am not lying. All these people with approvals from June to October are lying? -_-

Its already 6 pm here or else I would have considered calling. Dont be disheartened @nsh at the lady's speech. Yours will be approved any time now since mine was atleast touched. All the best wishes and prayers to the remainders of us. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.