nsolo

August 2014 filers

184 posts in this topic

I went to check our status on the NVC site and this what came up,

The National Visa Center has forwarded your file to the US Embassy/Consulate where you are applying for an immigrant visa. Any other required fees must now be paid directly at the Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Please contact the US Embassy/Consulate if you have any questions. You can find the contact information by consulting this list of US Embassy/Consulate websites.

this does mean what I think it means right??? Sorry for sounding scatter brained its just been a very long two days at work.

Hello VJ members

im too august filer

hope the best for all of you

i have a question about our petition I-129F

we requested on the 8th september an expedite in USCIS stage for financial and medical loss

on the 13th same mounth we got email to send them proof

scaned and sent proof same day

calling uscis every week for information and nothing

after a week nothing, 2 week nothing ,3 week nothing till now

we get congressman involved on the 22th september and nothing

today is most 30 days

today congressman office inform us that our request will be in local office baltimore field office

i dont kow what that mean and we didnt get the email or update on uscis check what he just told us

so anyone have idea

Best of wishes for you

call congressmans office and tell them your situation and what you got in the mail and that you are confused??

when people call asking for help and state they are confused people are more likely to explain things better about where it stands and what they are doing to help

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

In Transit

Immigrant Visa Case Number: JRS2014******

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

يتم تحويل معاملتك الى القسم القنصلي. لقد تم تحديد موعد مقابلتك وتزويدك به من NVC

התיק שלך בתהליך העברה למחלקה הקונסולרית. מועד הראיון שלך סופק עבורך על ידי מרכז האשרות הלאומי.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My fiancé got the RFE hardcopy yesterday. He forgot to check Questions 2 and 3 on page 5 of I-129F. When we filled in the form together I pointed out to him that he didn't answer those questions and he told me that they were for the Armed Forces and I believed him :no:

I'm glad we had a back-up copy of our file so it will be an easy reply for him - I'm so thankful for VJ K1 guide right now!

Hi cloud9gt,

We have the same NOA1 date. We also didn't get the hardcopy within the given timeframe.

So my fiancé called USCIS and the representative told him that the notification is wrong, it should be up to 30 business days.

Well, those days have passed and we still didn't get the hardcopy. That didn't keep us from getting the RFE notification (text message). Now curious to see if we get the hardcopy. If we don't by the end of next week, my fiancé will have to call them again to check if they have the correct address on file.

You may want to create an account on USCIS website to get their future notifications (text message and/or email).

Hope it helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Bummed seeing a fellow Finn get approved in measly 29 days when I'm over 85 and counting.

Somehow I have a feeling that as a same-sex couple we get to wait longer than average to begin with.

SIGH SIGH. :clock:

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

HELPPPP

I AM SOOOO CONFUSED... !!

Ok so I applied for the k1 Late august

so I got an update a few days ago of a Request of evidence

Haven't got the letter yet ..

And I just got an email a few minutes ago

Saying this

Post Decision Activity

On October 22, 2014, your notice I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of October 22, 2014, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I've read a few and it says approved

Mine doesn't ..

Does that mean I got denied or something ??

I am at the csc ..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

HELPPPP

I AM SOOOO CONFUSED... !!

Ok so I applied for the k1 Late august

so I got an update a few days ago of a Request of evidence

No worries, you have gotten a RFE. Let's hope it's something minor that you can easily fix!

It'll probably come in the mail shortly. If after 30 days you haven't gotten anything in the mail you should contact them to tell them you never received your Request of Evidence.

And no, you did not get denied. They just need additional information from you.

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

But why did it jump from request of evidence

To

Post decision ?

That's what I don't understand

No worries, you have gotten a RFE. Let's hope it's something minor that you can easily fix!

It'll probably come in the mail shortly. If after 30 days you haven't gotten anything in the mail you should contact them to tell them you never received your Request of Evidence.

And no, you did not get denied. They just need additional information from you.

But y does it jump from RFE to post decision .

I don't think it has to do with your preferences. I noticed just yesterday a couple got approved after waiting for 118 days, and this is coming from CSC.

For me, I am into my 75th day now and still waiting.... :whistle:

Bummed seeing a fellow Finn get approved in measly 29 days when I'm over 85 and counting.

Somehow I have a feeling that as a same-sex couple we get to wait longer than average to begin with.

SIGH SIGH. :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.