payxibka

Embassy's will no longer accept I-130

391 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Wow I am really at a lose for words. My husband and I, like many of you was counting on this DCF. It seems now we have to start again with a new plan. Wasting more money and time in the process. I am just in shock and really sick to my stomach. I think I won't be sleeping tonight. I need to call my husband.

I pray tomorrow we all are able to swallow this and find another way.

Thanks Pres. Bush (again) for nothing

Any ideas on what to do next?

As suggested to me by a fellow VJer for those already filed DCF...contact your local Congressman.

As for everyone else, sorry but refiling K3 or CR/IR1 visas...the wait again...

I wonder with the whole new batch of ppl unable to now file DCF, since they will be filing now in the US, will the processing time be ever longer?

But VJ should change this forum to "People who 86ing DCF screwed" so we can all share our progress and any new info. Funny thing is, when I looked into DCF after looking into the K3 it seemed too good to true...

Bonne Chance everyone! I really hope we all can find a solution.

In my opinion, the best solution is we fly all our loved ones into Mexico and have them walk across the border. Really though...I don't have any problem with the forms, documentation, etc. What I have a problem with is the wait! They need to hire as many people as necessary to get the wait time down to say 1-2 months. It was because of the ridiculous wait that I chose to go the DCF route and get married in a foreign country in an attempt to be with the woman I love. It shouldn't have to be this hard. I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but really...they need to do something about this process. It's going to be worse than ever now.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, I'm just reading this now, and I'm confused and very worried!

My plan was to stay with my fiancee in Canada for a few years, marry her, and then apply for DCF. Does this new announcement mean that I'll have to do something different now? Does it mean that DCF is effectively eliminated? :unsure:

I can't imagine how slow the entire process will be now! From what I've heard, it was pretty damn slow to begin with, but having all the people who would've DCF'd do other visas will just clog up the works...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My plan was to stay with my fiancee in Canada for a few years, marry her, and then apply for DCF. Does this new announcement mean that I'll have to do something different now? Does it mean that DCF is effectively eliminated? :unsure:

I can't imagine how slow the entire process will be now! From what I've heard, it was pretty damn slow to begin with, but having all the people who would've DCF'd do other visas will just clog up the works...

Sorry but unfortunately so...

I was thinking the same thing...the process is slow enough as it is... will this make it even more slower?

Yes, DCF is effectively eliminated. (At least for now.) But if you weren't planning on filing for a few years, you have plenty of time to do a 'regular" (K-1/K-3) visa request....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Wow I am really at a lose for words. My husband and I, like many of you was counting on this DCF. It seems now we have to start again with a new plan. Wasting more money and time in the process. I am just in shock and really sick to my stomach. I think I won't be sleeping tonight. I need to call my husband.

I pray tomorrow we all are able to swallow this and find another way.

Thanks Pres. Bush (again) for nothing

Any ideas on what to do next?

As suggested to me by a fellow VJer for those already filed DCF...contact your local Congressman.

As for everyone else, sorry but refiling K3 or CR/IR1 visas...the wait again...

I wonder with the whole new batch of ppl unable to now file DCF, since they will be filing now in the US, will the processing time be ever longer?

But VJ should change this forum to "People who 86ing DCF screwed" so we can all share our progress and any new info. Funny thing is, when I looked into DCF after looking into the K3 it seemed too good to true...

Bonne Chance everyone! I really hope we all can find a solution.

In my opinion, the best solution is we fly all our loved ones into Mexico and have them walk across the border.

It shouldn't have to be this hard.

Sounds like a plan :thumbs:

And you are right, no it should not be this hard... :wacko::angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So I'm still thinking about all this and I have to wonder...in this age, how hard can it be for them to get access to this database? Maybe we can have someone go in an teach them how to use the Internet? What do you think? I'd be laughing right about now if I wasn't so utterly disappointed.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

I filed the petition back in November... the petition had been approved and my wife's final interview is next week! Oh gosh... I just hope this doesn't affect us.

Have u found out if this will affect you?????

OH my GOSH! I am panicking right now. I had everything planned out and ready to go. I am supposed to get married in March and with the embassy I would have worked through, my husband would have had his visa within about a month. What am I going to do? Can we call our Senators/Representatives? I am so upset right now.

I am extremely frustrated myself! I was planning to go to Sydney to see my wife and file for the DCF in April. Now I don't know if I should just file for the IR-1 / CR-1 immediately to try and make up for the time that will undoubtedly increase. :angry:

We are one of the fortunate ones that got caught at the interview today. No notice!!! MY wife paid the VISA fee, all of her paper work was approved, and she was just waiting for interview, she was first in line. Then they came out and said that they cannot process her visa along with the dozen other people there, gave her the money back and said go home.

They totally mishandled this, they needed to contact people or at least phase out. I have no issues with the new law, but the 100's of people like us that paid alot of money to goto the embassy and suppose to be the happiest day, turned out to be pure hell. And I called USCIS and The State Department and neither knew anything, it was all quiet and memo just sent out. SO ANYONE WHO HAS AN INTERVIEW AT A NON-USCIS facility, CALL!!!!!!!! London is a USCIS facilty, so you are fortunate. Here goes another few months added!! Good law, poor handeling.

How do u know if it is a uscis facility????????

This was very irresponsible handeling. Tomorrow, embassy's around the world will again suprise the people who are coming in for their VISA interviews, as well as people who thought they had an appointment to file a I-130 petition. Please understand if the US Embassy has a Consulate, it does not effect you, such as Rome, Moscow, and London. They all have local USCIS and can process the DCF's and I-130 petitions.

I called my senator, the State Department,USCIS, and even went to Chicago with an appointment to talk to the Immigration Officer. NONE of them new of this and were all surprised and had to goto their supervisors who also did not know of anything. Word finally got out of what was going on late in the afternoon and now websites are now posting.

Advice, first check to see if your embassy is a USCIS office, if not, start filing inthe US quickly!!!!! Call your embassy!!! CALL YOUR REP!!! Its a good law, just implemented incorrectly.

Okay... just so I can get some rest without crying anymore (I spent my lunch hour on the phone with my husband trying to sort out how we are going to manage the DCF process and about tore my hair out!)

This pertains to EMBASSYs only?? Will CONSULATES (such as Sydney Australia) continue to accept the I-130 petitions?

My head is awash with too many thoughts.

And I was going to begin getting my papers and proof of relationship for 2 years started tonight...

How do I know if where I DCF'd is a conulate or embassy? Did u get any answers to your question?

Filed: Timeline
THIS MESSAGE IS FOR VYLEX AND MARCYCAT:

From what I can gather, you are already married to your respective spouses and are waiting to be reunited at the moment.

If you are both in the States and your spouses abroad, why don't you just get your spouses to join you in the States and file the I-130 plus I-485 as soon as they arrive in the States?

Can't you get in trouble for doing that? If not, this might be an interesting option then.

My wife and I are both still in The Netherlands, and we were going to submit an I-130 tomorrow at the consulate! The plan was/is that my wife would go the U.S. next month (to start her job) and I would follow a month later or so (DCF usually takes 60-70 days)

I understand we have to send the I-130 to Vermont now. I looked at the timelines but don't really understand yet what route we should take after the I-130 in order to be together again asap.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

We were going to send in our DS-2001 today, we just filled out the Visa Application the other night. We are at a loss for words. We were going to buy our tickets today... I am so glad that I woke up for some reason at 5 in the morning and went on VJ for the hell of it.

But I am trying to stay calm. Our I-130 was approved on Dec 11, 2006. We already have done the medical exam. Hopefully they will be able to find out very soon that I am not a sex offender so that our process can get back on track. We have a 15 month old girl and getting to the US asap is very important to us, staying in Brazil is not feasible for us anymore. I will call the consulate in Rio de Janeiro today, find out what is going on, and then write emails to my Representative and both Senators.

To those others who are caught between I-130 approval and Visa Interview.... stay calm. Hopefully this will work out for us, and soon. If anyone here knows of other sites where this information has been posted (other than Paris and Kiev) please post a link.

We were going to send in our DS-2001 today, we just filled out the Visa Application the other night. We are at a loss for words. We were going to buy our tickets today... I am so glad that I woke up for some reason at 5 in the morning and went on VJ for the hell of it.

But I am trying to stay calm. Our I-130 was approved on Dec 11, 2006. We already have done the medical exam. Hopefully they will be able to find out very soon that I am not a sex offender so that our process can get back on track. We have a 15 month old girl and getting to the US asap is very important to us, staying in Brazil is not feasible for us anymore. I will call the consulate in Rio de Janeiro today, find out what is going on, and then write emails to my Representative and both Senators.

To those others who are caught between I-130 approval and Visa Interview.... stay calm. Hopefully this will work out for us, and soon. If anyone here knows of other sites where this information has been posted (other than Paris and Kiev) please post a link.

US Embassy in Sarajevo, Bosnia:

ALIEN RELATIVE PETITION

The American Embassy in Sarajevo is no longer able to accept immigrant petitions for immediate relatives (I-130 petition). These petitions must be filed with the Department of Homeland Security's Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The I-130 petition and more information about filing it can be found at USCIS site.

Approved immigrant petitions filed for beneficiaries resident in Bosnia and Herzegovina will be forwarded from USCIS to the American Embassy in Zagreb. For details regarding immigrant visa interviews, please contact the Immigrant Visa Section of American Embassy in Zagreb, Croatia: 385-1-661-2300, or visit the website at http://www.usembassy.hr/consular/iv/index.htm.

http://www.usembassy.ba/visas/alien.html

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
For those living in Europe, the USCIS overseas offices and sub offices are here

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?act...offices.summary

I hope that helps.

Can U.S. citizens who are European residents submit their I-130 to a overseas USCIS suboffice then?

According to the limited information that has been presented, not at this time.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.