payxibka

Embassy's will no longer accept I-130

391 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Wow I am really at a lose for words. My husband and I, like many of you was counting on this DCF. It seems now we have to start again with a new plan. Wasting more money and time in the process. I am just in shock and really sick to my stomach. I think I won't be sleeping tonight. I need to call my husband.

I pray tomorrow we all are able to swallow this and find another way.

Thanks Pres. Bush (again) for nothing

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
This pertains to EMBASSYs only?? Will CONSULATES (such as Sydney Australia) continue to accept the I-130 petitions?

The Embassy does not issue visas, the Consulates do. People will use Embassy/Consulate interchangeably. In a nutshell, no I-130 petitions will be accepted at any foreign post.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR VYLEX AND MARCYCAT:

From what I can gather, you are already married to your respective spouses and are waiting to be reunited at the moment.

If you are both in the States and your spouses abroad, why don't you just get your spouses to join you in the States and file the I-130 plus I-485 as soon as they arrive in the States?

So long as they have the green I-94 attached to their passports (very important not to lose that), you can begin the process immediately. I think that when filing for a spouse, the wait is a lot quicker as spouses don't fall under a visa quota. I can almost guarantee you that you will hear something before the usual 90-days tourist visa is up.

This may be a bit harder for you, Marcycat, as your application is already in the system and they might question a duplicate application.

Good luck to all of us.

Can my husband come before his interview?????????

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I filed the petition back in November... the petition had been approved and my wife's final interview is next week! Oh gosh... I just hope this doesn't affect us.

Edited by David A.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Timeline
I filed the petition back in November... the petition had been approved and my wife's final interview is next week! Oh gosh... I just hope this doesn't affect us.

I would be checking because some of the information says visa adjudicated which means in essence "issued".

YMMV

avoci,

You wait until the USCIS has reviewed and approved your petition, and has sent it back to the consulate.

Yodrak

So basically, we will have to start this process over because they think I might be a criminal? WHAT DO I DO?

Should I call the embassy? How far back willl this set us? How will I know if/ when Albania has sent our paperwork to US? We've already been waiting 7 months... HOW MUCH LONGER NOW????

I am scared, sad, and very upset. This is all because of sex offenders? I am a teacher in the US! How could I do that if I was a sex offender? I am also a WOMAN!

This is really crazy!

How do I get answers?

This was very irresponsible handeling. Tomorrow, embassy's around the world will again suprise the people who are coming in for their VISA interviews, as well as people who thought they had an appointment to file a I-130 petition. Please understand if the US Embassy has a Consulate, it does not effect you, such as Rome, Moscow, and London. They all have local USCIS and can process the DCF's and I-130 petitions.

I called my senator, the State Department,USCIS, and even went to Chicago with an appointment to talk to the Immigration Officer. NONE of them new of this and were all surprised and had to goto their supervisors who also did not know of anything. Word finally got out of what was going on late in the afternoon and now websites are now posting.

Advice, first check to see if your embassy is a USCIS office, if not, start filing inthe US quickly!!!!! Call your embassy!!! CALL YOUR REP!!! Its a good law, just implemented incorrectly.

How do I know if the US embassy in Albania has a consulate? How do I start applying from the states? Do I just REDO everything??????? Pay again? Is everything we already did basically trash now?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

David, from what I have read on this thread, the Sydney Consulate will be forwarding you and your wife's paperwork to the closest USCIS center. I am guessing that they will complete the process. Now I don't know which center that would be for Australia or how much longer it will take. :(

All I know is I have to re-think my gameplan. It looks like I'll be doing a K-3 / CR-1 right now. Ugh. I hope that it can be processed in a reasonable time frame once I file it in a few weeks. Ugh Ugh Ugh. Damn this sudden change.

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
THIS MESSAGE IS FOR VYLEX AND MARCYCAT:

From what I can gather, you are already married to your respective spouses and are waiting to be reunited at the moment.

If you are both in the States and your spouses abroad, why don't you just get your spouses to join you in the States and file the I-130 plus I-485 as soon as they arrive in the States?

So long as they have the green I-94 attached to their passports (very important not to lose that), you can begin the process immediately. I think that when filing for a spouse, the wait is a lot quicker as spouses don't fall under a visa quota. I can almost guarantee you that you will hear something before the usual 90-days tourist visa is up.

This may be a bit harder for you, Marcycat, as your application is already in the system and they might question a duplicate application.

Good luck to all of us.

Can my husband come before his interview?????????

He might be able to visit but it would either be some Visa Waiver or a Tourist Visa. I am not taking that chance once I file for my wife's K-3 / CR-1 visa. I have read that she can visit me in the US but it's risky because there is a possibility of her getting denied entry if they think she will not leave within the 90 day period. It would then be a minus come interview time. If anything I'll just come see her until the time is right. I like Australia. I just wish I could accumulate the same vacation time they do!!!

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, I just wanted to add that I too was burned by this. I had planned to take 3 weeks off work in February to go to Ukraine, marry my fiancee, and then file I-130 with the US embassy in Kyiv. I have all my appointments and wedding plans laid out and paid for and now this. How can our government make it so incredibly difficult for families to be together while at the same time doing nothing about millions of people illegally crossing our borders. It's just beyond words. I wish everyone the best of luck in trying to deal with this latest setback.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Wow I am really at a lose for words. My husband and I, like many of you was counting on this DCF. It seems now we have to start again with a new plan. Wasting more money and time in the process. I am just in shock and really sick to my stomach. I think I won't be sleeping tonight. I need to call my husband.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Timeline
How do I know if the US embassy in Albania has a consulate? How do I start applying from the states? Do I just REDO everything??????? Pay again? Is everything we already did basically trash now?

You said you filed your I-130 already. Guess where you filed it? AT THE CONSULATE (WHICH IS ATTACHED TO THE EMBASSY.)

PS. You are not reading the posts or understanding what is being said. You previous petition has not been canceled forcing you to re-start.

YMMV

You said you filed your I-130 already. Guess where you filed it? AT THE CONSULATE (WHICH IS ATTACHED TO THE EMBASSY.)

PS. You are not reading the posts or understanding what is being said. You previous petition has not been canceled forcing you to re-start.

Okay, I am now confused, but MAYBE happy. Yes, I am reading the posts, but I am confused, scared, and sad while I read them so I apologize if it seems that I'm not getting it.

So, I will NOT need to restart? Will my I130 need to be sent to the US to be adjudicated or the consulate can do it?

Sorry for so many questions... just want to try to sleep tonight.

Thank you!

Timeline
Okay, I am now confused, but MAYBE happy. Yes, I am reading the posts, but I am confused, scared, and sad while I read them so I apologize if it seems that I'm not getting it.

So, I will NOT need to restart? Will my I130 need to be sent to the US to be adjudicated or the consulate can do it?

Thank you!

The information that has been issued do far says the consulate will send your petition to a USCIS field office to be processed. Stand by as more information will be coming in the next few days.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thank you!

The consulate cannot, but the nearest USCIS office can. I am not sure where that is in your case, but that should be easy to find out. How long it will take? Well, I am trying to find that out for myself right now.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Any ideas on what to do next?

As suggested to me by a fellow VJer for those already filed DCF...contact your local Congressman.

As for everyone else, sorry but refiling K3 or CR/IR1 visas...the wait again...

I wonder with the whole new batch of ppl unable to now file DCF, since they will be filing now in the US, will the processing time be ever longer?

But VJ should change this forum to "People who 86ing DCF screwed" so we can all share our progress and any new info. Funny thing is, when I looked into DCF after looking into the K3 it seemed too good to true...

Bonne Chance everyone! I really hope we all can find a solution.

Edited by Henia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.