2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello everyone:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an I-601 approved?, The form was received by USCIS on February 2, 2016.

(Already had the consular interview - in Chile - and they requested a I-601 waiver for unlawful presence in the US, which is the only thing standing between us now)

Me and my wife have been away for more than a year already and barely see each other.

Thank you for any help.

*I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong thread*

I sent the original I601 in early January 2016. This was returned and a request for the application to be completed and refiled. I sent a new I601 on February 4. I received the I797 on 2/24/16. Only saying the form and fee was received and is being processed. Has anybody already had the visa interview before the I601? I wonder what the timeline is for the process if there's nothing else to file.

There is a first interview where you are told you are unadmissible and told ur eligible to file an i601 waiver. Once the waiver is filed it would take anywhere from 5 months to 6 months to get an answer or a rfe(request for more evidence). After your waiver is approved. If your first interview was more than a year before u are called for a second interview and to present updated forms. If a year have not passed since ur first interview they may only ask u to send the embassy your passport and a new medical.

In November at his visa interview. The guy said his passport and visa are ready in his packet. They told him to do the waiver and then come back to the embassy.he's going to the embassy early in the morning...I'm praying he gets the same guy...his medical and visa fees are already paid and finished.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lioness it is all weird. I would assume he really didn't need a waiver just to wait out a year ban. But with these things u don't want to assume and they deny it. My thinking is he only needed to wait a year then re appt with a new medical proving no use. Hope your lawyer can figure it out. Be on them. Ask ur own questions. I saw had I not asked and inquired on my own we may never had gotten approved. Most of the waiver package I suggested the things inside. So be sure you be ur own advocate. They e not being clear and I dnt want assumption to end up a denial. Maybe even get a second opinion if the lawyer still seems unsure after contacting who ever. Keep me posted.

My dear Jazzy:

I want to thank you for this advice. We ended up emailing the embassy and talking to Andrew's Memorial ourselves. Thankfully a very nice lady scheduled his updated medical exam today for us! :dancing:

I wouldn't have done it without your support. Thank you so much! We still have hurdles to cross but we are one step closer!

Lioness.

That brings great joy to me. I am so happy for you guys. I will be awaiting you final update of an approval. You are so welcome. Pls keep us posted.

People be your own advocate! No one wants this more than you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone

my husband had his interview in june 2015 after they reviewed his case they asked for the I601 they received on 12/18/15 and still waiting on response im hoping by submitting a expidite that would help. :cry: Any advice or has anyone received there approval if so how long did it take?

Timeline

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

You can check processing times here, but there is no way to see when they "touch" your file like the ceac tracker.

They say waivers for overstays get processsed quicker than others. Not sure that's necesaarily true. We filed ours in August 2015. Just received an RFE on 2/12/16. You've got a ways to go yet. Hold the faith.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello memayra79, My husband filed I-601 for me on Oct. 5 and still waiting for approval so it looks like they are taking 6+ months to approve or request anything else. good luck.

Hi everyone

my husband had his interview in june 2015 after they reviewed his case they asked for the I601 they received on 12/18/15 and still waiting on response im hoping by submitting a expidite that would help. :cry: Any advice or has anyone received there approval if so how long did it take?

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Timeline

@ TO16

Thank you have you known if expiditing I-601 would help.

It would help if approved for an expedite. But I don't know the process or how difficult it is to get one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

oh wow where was yours sent to?? my husband was sent to nebraska.

Hello memayra79, My husband filed I-601 for me on Oct. 5 and still waiting for approval so it looks like they are taking 6+ months to approve or request anything else. good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.