2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Yes, that is true. Its probably why NSC is taking longer now to process the forms. I guess we just have to wait.

Yes I believe the majority of not all the I-601 waiver cases go to NSC. I haven't heard anyone speak of their case being anywhere else lately.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well I'm not sure. Our lawyer is totally confused. We knew he'd need a new medical, he got a one year ban for past use.

Our waiver was for a "smoking ganja" charge in 2005. They didn't say one word about that. All they said is he was found inadmissible for the past use, that no waiver for that is available he just has to wait out the one year and get a new medical. Well ok thanks we knew all about that. What about the charge the embassy insisted we needed a waiver for??? Not one mention of that!

Well I'm not sure. Our lawyer is totally confused. We knew he'd need a new medical, he got a one year ban for past use.

Our waiver was for a "smoking ganja" charge in 2005. They didn't say one word about that. All they said is he was found inadmissible for the past use, that no waiver for that is available he just has to wait out the one year and get a new medical. Well ok thanks we knew all about that. What about the charge the embassy insisted we needed a waiver for??? Not one mention of that!

Oh my god i dont want to think consulate made a mistake with yal case! But thanks god the end of this nightmatter is coming closer!

Timeline

Oh my god i dont want to think consulate made a mistake with yal case! But thanks god the end of this nightmatter is coming closer!

Yep Ken. I think that is exactly what happened. I think he never needed a waiver to begin with, which is what our lawyer tried to tell them last June. That "smoking ganja" isn't a listed offense in USA, only possession, trafficking, or selling. But they insisted we needed one. I think USCIS is basically saying we didn't. Whatever I just hope this gets resolved and he gets his visa issued. Right now trying to get Andrews to schedule a new medical, which of course they are refusing without an interview letter. Nothing is ever easy with immigration or JA.

If the 601 was for marijuana usage. Are you sure it's not for a drug test and not medical test? To should he's no longer using. Just want you to be certain so they dnt use ur lack of understanding what they want against you.

Because I never ask for a medical update. The embassy does that. Mines needed updated. Once approved the embassy told me to bring that in. Have your lawyer make certain. Good luck !!!

Yep Ken. I think that is exactly what happened. I think he never needed a waiver to begin with, which is what our lawyer tried to tell them last June. That "smoking ganja" isn't a listed offense in USA, only possession, trafficking, or selling. But they insisted we needed one. I think USCIS is basically saying we didn't. Whatever I just hope this gets resolved and he gets his visa issued. Right now trying to get Andrews to schedule a new medical, which of course they are refusing without an interview letter. Nothing is ever easy with immigration or JA.

I think the RFE letter may work as a reference to repeat exanms! always is a drama! ?

Timeline

I have no clue what's going on. I just can't believe they rattled off the ban and medical and didn't say a word about the charge that the embassy had such an issue with!

He called Andrews and told them he has a letter from USCIS requesting a new medical exam. They won't listen. They're not used to seeing anything but the letter from the consulate. Believe me customer relations in JA is nothing like USA. I've learned that the hard way. Hopefully, the email to the embassy from our lawyer will prompt a letter of some sort.

Is this good new btw? I can't tell lol

I have no clue what's going on. I just can't believe they rattled off the ban and medical and didn't say a word about the charge that the embassy had such an issue with!

He called Andrews and told them he has a letter from USCIS requesting a new medical exam. They won't listen. They're not used to seeing anything but the letter from the consulate. Believe me customer relations in JA is nothing like USA. I've learned that the hard way. Hopefully, the email to the embassy from our lawyer will prompt a letter of some sort.

Yeah! Exactly that what they want! I disnt know it was about smoking wid! Yeah that why they want test to make sure he is clean now! I saw a case alike from trinidad and tobago! I hope yal man dont let you down now cuz this depend on him! What result they get! The thing about trinidad he got denied cuz they asked him to re do test and he smoked one week before cuz was in a parti! So he ###### up everything! The woman was desperated and frustrated! So i know it wont be your case cuz your man seems be responsable and care for you much! So once yal get that test result they will approve you! Blessing for yal.

Yeah! Exactly that what they want! I disnt know it was about smoking wid! Yeah that why they want test to make sure he is clean now! I saw a case alike from trinidad and tobago! I hope yal man dont let you down now cuz this depend on him! What result they get! The thing about trinidad he got denied cuz they asked him to re do test and he smoked one week before cuz was in a parti! So he ###### up everything! The woman was desperated and frustrated! So i know it wont be your case cuz your man seems be responsable and care for you much! So once yal get that test result they will approve you! Blessing for yal.

Timeline

Thanks. He's had two tests in 2015 at a private doctor office. He sent me copies. It's negative. I'm not worried about that. I'm just floored that this oh so troubling smoking ganja issue has seemed to all of a sudden disappear. smh :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.