2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, markgina said:

we  are  in  Michigan  and  near  border (Amabassor bridge)   Canada,    20 miles  a  part  we  got  turned  down  for  needing my husbands old record needed  601  we  have  a  5 year wavier  (but  didnt know of  the 601 would be needed)to  live  in  America  /  ours  went  in  March  of  2016.  we  started  our  paper  work  in  2014  denied --to get a  601 in.. Sept  2015 ( our  lawyer  took  6mos  to fill out  the  paperwork)  we  were  told  it  will  take  only  like  two  months  to  get  this  all  wrapped  up.or up to 6 by the  consulate......  i had  to  take  a  paperwork  out  in  Canada  residence  to  be  able  to see  my husband  .or we wouldnt be able espect for  him now and  then ride a bus  to  come...he  doesnt  drive). but we  need  to keep  resident  in Micigan too  to keep  paperwork  to  say  ok  and my  job... in  America .... .. for  him to have  a place  to  come when  we  get  there  and  they make you when  you  take  resident  be  there  everyday  for  two  years ( which  i had  no  idea  would  happen .)(we did so I wouldnt  be  in more  trouble  to  see  him  )(which was an  issue  alot  ).. everyday  im  in hopes  of  our  paperwork  to  get  finished   /  my  husband  hasn't  been in  trouble  in over  25  plus  years  and  never  used  weapons  or  drugs   ....  we  were  told (by a  border guy) one  day  were  caught  in a  dream act  paperwork  and  told(it  could  take a  year  or  two)(and we cant  do the  6month things  either  cause  it  would  be  double  intent--and  it  would subject  us  to  be  rejected for  him to live in  America )(so we keep  both  residents  which  was  going  in first  place-- had no  idea  would  take  so  long)we were   told  go  to  governor  and  i  did  in the  state  we  want  to  move  to   cause  its  small  town ....  and  i still have  addresst(my  family  all lives  where  we  have  been  planning  to  move  when  all  done -- you have  to have  an  address  to  do  that  --which  i do  cause  everything still there  i  own) there  but  im  working  here  keeping  all i  can  to  hold  up  this all, (it is  super  hard )(finacinally and  stresswise  and  painful cause  im  missing  my  family  too)(i moved  here  to  be  near  him ) ...im being  threaten  to  take  the  canadian  one  away  now  that  its  a  year  ... and i  heald the  paperwork   6mos  cause  we  didnt  want  to go that  way... but  told  to do  ,  because  it  take  some  time even  before  we  knew  of  a  601  .... i  cant  even  figure  out  how  to  update  the  timeline  on visa jounal  now  ,,, ...  just  doing  the  best  we  can  to stay  patience  it  not  easy  ............my  family  i  miss  horribly  cause  has  been  going  on  since  2011  i  have  seen  my  grandson  one  week of  his  life and hes  going  to  be  we married  2013 and my grandson  going  to  3 and  us  married  four / we  have  been  doing  paperwork  since  meant  ....  before  married  (i would  never  recommend  meeting  someing  out of  country  every  after  all  this  ) my step  children  all have  had 8 babies  now i have  never  meant  they  all  are  mad  at  me  ... cause  i have  abandoned  them  to  them... too .............doing  all we  can  to  handle  it  i  want  my huband  and  my  family  too who   2000 miles  away   we  have  spent  all our  moneys  on  doing  these  crazy  paperworkds  and  etc..but  holding  on  there s  no  good  reason  for  us  not  to  be  together  ...  where  we  want  to  live ... my husband  family  who  was  slightly  important  have  all  died  since  this  process ...  he  has  none  per  say  here  im  the  one  with  family.......................... 

Filed: Timeline

They been in March 2016 since October 2016. They currently have only completed 52% (185) of cases up to December. I am becoming extremely un patient like everyone else. I have been away from my  family for almost a year. Hopefully with the new president taking office it does not affect the processing more than it already is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 minutes ago, rogerabrego said:

They been in March 2016 since October 2016. They currently have only completed 52% (185) of cases up to December. I am becoming extremely un patient like everyone else. I have been away from my  family for almost a year. Hopefully with the new president taking office it does not affect the processing more than it already is.

@rogerabrego How are you able to calculate the cases that have been approved thus far? I have the case tracker app but I'm not able to decifer much information from that. Also would you mind sharing what is the average date that they are working on? We don't have facebook so we are unable to follow the group thread. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, rogerabrego said:

It's extremely hard!! My husband has been away for almost 14 mos. Our file date was 3/14/16 and no news!!! I wish we were in the completed category! 

Filed: Timeline
On 1/10/2017 at 0:17 PM, agarc16 said:

@rogerabrego How are you able to calculate the cases that have been approved thus far? I have the case tracker app but I'm not able to decifer much information from that. Also would you mind sharing what is the average date that they are working on? We don't have facebook so we are unable to follow the group thread. 

I got that information from the website followed: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/directorates-and-program-offices/administrative-appeals-office-aao/aao-processing-times

Timeline

I am still waiting on an answer and my receipt date is Feb 25. My husband has been away for 13months. I just saw the website and it updated on Jan 11 and as of Nov 30 they are working on April's waivers! Did they skip me or what's going on, are they even working on our case? Yeah it's frustrating not knowing anything or getting you questions answer! Ima wait for the 60 day stated on my inquiry and hopefully by then I will know something if not I will be calling them everyday! January 30 will be my 60 days so I will wait patiently for now!:clock:

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Desesperada07 said:

I am still waiting on an answer and my receipt date is Feb 25. My husband has been away for 13months. I just saw the website and it updated on Jan 11 and as of Nov 30 they are working on April's waivers! Did they skip me or what's going on, are they even working on our case? Yeah it's frustrating not knowing anything or getting you questions answer! Ima wait for the 60 day stated on my inquiry and hopefully by then I will know something if not I will be calling them everyday! January 30 will be my 60 days so I will wait patiently for now!:clock:

Keep us posted, my 60 day wait will be Feb 1. That's all we can do wait, I have called USCIS constantly (not on a daily basis of course). I contacted congressman and the same answer to wait for that 60 days to be over. I hope we get answers soon. This wait is horrible! 

Timeline
On 1/12/2017 at 6:33 PM, OHERNANDEZ-G said:

Keep us posted, my 60 day wait will be Feb 1. That's all we can do wait, I have called USCIS constantly (not on a daily basis of course). I contacted congressman and the same answer to wait for that 60 days to be over. I hope we get answers soon. This wait is horrible! 

Hello everyone, 

Today my husbands I-601 got approved!!! After almost 10 mos of waiting. He was out of the US for 14 mos. I am really excited 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, OHERNANDEZ-G said:

Hello everyone, 

Today my husbands I-601 got approved!!! After almost 10 mos of waiting. He was out of the US for 14 mos. I am really excited 

I am so happy for you congrats! Please update and let me know if he has to go to another interview, since its been more than a year! Yaaayy your journey is almost over!:dancing: I hope ours will be next but i will keep you update on my journey as i wait for an answer!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
29 minutes ago, OHERNANDEZ-G said:

Hello everyone, 

Congratulations to you and your family! Your wait is almost over. Please keep us posted! This forum really helps put things into perspective when we are given unrealistic expectations. My prayers are with you and with all of us who te going through this difficult time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, seems like there in April, thank god their moving, my husband has been in Mexico for 5 yrs . In 2012 we went out for his interview and got falsely denied. So I had to fight his case but case got closed so I filed again, last year on July, 2016 we filed the I-601 now we're waiting. Hopefully this is the yr he comes home. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/14/2016 at 9:32 PM, Jonando said:

SHERNANDEZ1,

My husband and I were also in Juarez last October (2015). My husband's I-601A wavier (applying while he was in the USA) was approved before we entered Mexico...we thought everything was ok, but when he was interviewed they sent him to see a therapist because he had a DUI in 2008. They asked him several questions about his drinking and asked if he drives after consuming alcohol. Being honest he said yes...then was denied re-entry on the basis that he was a threat to US Citizens and their property. We, and our attorney, assume he was denied because of continued drinking and driving (even when staying under the legal limit). I returned home later in October while he remained in Mexico with his family. March of this year we filed the I601. He was advised through the dreaded "blue papers" to receive another medical exam this September (this appears on page 112 of this thread - you can read after that point to see what happened up to the point of approval OR under my name it shows I have a timeline, click on that and you can see other important dates during the process).

Good luck to you, and thanks everyone for the congratulations :goofy:

Hello, I read ur post about ur journey, I wanted to ask how did u get an appointment. I got approved  January 13, 2017 and I've been trying to schedule and appointment for the last weeks and I have no sucess, any feedback??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, OHERNANDEZ-G said:

Hello, I read ur post about ur journey, I wanted to ask how did u get an appointment. I got approved  January 13, 2017 and I've been trying to schedule and appointment for the last weeks and I have no sucess, any feedback??

Not sure how Mexico works, but we emailed the embassy a copy of the I-601 approval notice and asked for further instruction on obtaining an interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.