2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Nothing to do with the election results. They've been averaging over 8 months for a while now it looks like. There are some from last December that are still waiting for action to be taken on theirs. Nov 25th will be 9 months for us.

Wow, that is horrible. Had hopes of returning by the holidays, what is the reason you got denied if you don't mind me asking?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Are you filling through marriage? What is the reason you got denied if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all...i petitioned my husband about 4 years ago and took for ever like always plus by lawyer did screw up having us have to pix errors etc...on day of interview he was allowed to file a I-601 because prior to him voluntarily leaving the states he did live in USA for a few years illegally. But he has no deportations or criminal history.

On April 5th they got our i601

Edited by Adri28

Filed: Timeline

Don't mind at all...i petitioned my husband about 4 years ago and took for ever like always plus by lawyer did screw up having us have to pix errors etc...on day of interview he was allowed to file a I-601 because prior to him voluntarily leaving the states he did live in USA for a few years illegally. But he has no deportations or criminal history.

On April 5th they got our i601

Oh wow, that sucks to hear. Hope you guys get approve soon. They got our i601 on July 28 and I too got screwed over by a lawyer. Been in the USA since the age of 2 and i am currently 30. Been in California 28 years and never committed a crime, paid taxes and etc. Lawyer never informed us that we had to pay the pardoned. So i basically deported myself in other words.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Oh wow, that sucks to hear. Hope you guys get approve soon. They got our i601 on July 28 and I too got screwed over by a lawyer. Been in the USA since the age of 2 and i am currently 30. Been in California 28 years and never committed a crime, paid taxes and etc. Lawyer never informed us that we had to pay the pardoned. So i basically deported myself in other words.

I hate my lawyer also he is of no use

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

I'm about to mail my husband's I-130. I have a question hopefully I can get an advice, my husband had a throwback on his first attempt in 1999. He's been in the USA since then. We would file a 601A "provisional waver" once we get the I130 approval.

I'm in doubt if I should disclose the throwback on a statement with the I-130 or if I should wait to disclose this info. on the 601-A. What do you guys think I should do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife also filed for myself in July 2016. I believe they are barely processing March 2016 as of now.

Well i read that it's gonna take 7 months so now it's been 4 months we sent it hopefully by January or february we hear something...

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello my husband and I filed I-601 in July 2016 how long is the wait.

Currently the wait time is around 7-9 months. Most cases average somewhere around 8 months. I just got approved last week and it took exactly 9 months and 1 week. Hopefully things will improve soon and you will be approved quickly. Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

May I ask when did you file the I-601

Wow I just read 7 month wait, but 8 to 9 months it's a lot. May I ask when did you file the I-601??

Wow I just read 7 month wait, but 8 to 9 months it's a lot. May I ask when did you file the I-601??

Timeline

Hello :) The receive date for my husbands i-601 was April 1,2016 and we still haven't received an approval or denial, according to the processing times for Nebraska back on Sep 30th they were working on March 15 applications.

Hello my husband and I filed I-601 in July 2016 how long is the wait.

Timeline

Field Office Processing Dates for Nebraska Service Center as of: September 30, 2016

Do you know why they have that on top of the chart? What I thought it meant was that as of September 30th they were processing applications from March 16 & they updated that info on November 16.

The immigration table can be misleading. As of right now November 16 2016 there looking at cases from March 16 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.