2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone, I filed for both I-601/I-212 on June, 13 2016 at NSC. I am monitoring the case numbers through an app I got from the IOS App store. I think they have or likely finished processing all the case numbers for May 2016 by now. So currently they are processing Waiver cases for June. I am tracking case numbers from 1st -15th June 2016 and there are a few more cases to process for that period. So to answer your question, they might start processing July 2017 cases either close to end of June 2017 or sometime in July 2017 depending on how the processing of June cases goes.

Timeline

Hello everyone, I filed for both I-601/I-212 on June, 13 2016 at NSC. I am monitoring the case numbers through an app I got from the IOS App store. I think they have or likely finished processing all the case numbers for May 2016 by now. So currently they are processing Waiver cases for June. I am tracking case numbers from 1st -15th June 2016 and there are a few more cases to process for that period. So to answer your question, they might start processing July 2017 cases either close to end of June 2017 or sometime in July 2017 depending on how the processing of June cases goes.

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

My file also with NSC which they noted received on Sep 6, 2016... its now June 11, 2017. I have since tracked NSC processing for nearly a year now and saw those applications processing dates are inconsistent. They had fluctuated among dates: march, 2016 to June 2016 since last fall (2016).

Does anyone notice the same?

Does anyone received approval or response? and how long time frame it taken?

Thanks for your help as it that can be very useful for me and my family.  

Edited by Nkmwavier 601

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 6/9/2017 at 5:16 PM, Mach001 said:

My file also with NSC which they noted received on Sep 6, 2016... its now June 11, 2017. I have since tracked NSC processing for nearly a year now and saw those applications processing dates are inconsistent. They had fluctuated among dates: march, 2016 to June 2016 since last fall (2016).

Does anyone notice the same?

Does anyone received approval or response? and how long time frame it taken?

Thanks for your help as it that can be very useful for me and my family.  

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone. I need some guidance on the current timeline for I 601 waiver. My Visa was refused in December 2016 and I was asked to have my wife apply for I 601 waiver. I took voluntary departure in 2013. 

My waiver was received April 2017. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Devan said:

Hello everyone. I need some guidance on the current timeline for I 601 waiver. My Visa was refused in December 2016 and I was asked to have my wife apply for I 601 waiver. I took voluntary departure in 2013. 

As of right now they are currently approving waivers with a receive date of June 10thish, 2016. on a day to day basis we are seeing approvals come through with date ranges from April 2016 to June 2016, even been a couple July 2016 approvals, but  the majority of cases now being approved are around mid June. it is taking anywhere from 10 to 14 months for approval from the date of receipt. I have been waiting almost one year and to be honest every month they are getting slower. it is possible this could turn around and they could start approving faster. Back in 2015 they only took 4-5 months to get an approval.  hopefully for your sake they start to speed up and not continue to slow down down. The waiting times are ridiculous. Hang in there :)

Filed: Other Timeline
8 minutes ago, intllovers said:

As of right now they are currently approving waivers with a receive date of June 10thish, 2016. on a day to day basis we are seeing approvals come through with date ranges from April 2016 to June 2016, even been a couple July 2016 approvals, but  the majority of cases now being approved are around mid June. it is taking anywhere from 10 to 14 months for approval from the date of receipt. I have been waiting almost one year and to be honest every month they are getting slower. it is possible this could turn around and they could start approving faster. Back in 2015 they only took 4-5 months to get an approval.  hopefully for your sake they start to speed up and not continue to slow down down. The waiting times are ridiculous. Hang in there :)

Thank you. Hopefully they should speed up a bit. The processing time is ridiculously slow. I wish you all the best. I hope you hear the good news very soon. 

Timeline
On 6/13/2017 at 9:23 PM, Devan said:

Hello all, this is just an update on the processing times for NSC. They are now processing June 2 2016 for I-601 and June 26 2016 for I-212. For those that filed I-601/I-212 together, correct me if I am wrong, they will be processed together. Keep strong everyone. Let us continue to pray and I know the Lord will meet everyone at their point of need. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I need some advise.

My husband will be having his 1st interview at Ciudad Juarez. July 6 He has a 5 year bar which will expire in 17 months to be exact. My lawyer said he will be needing I-601 & I-212 but seen the processing times I just don't see the point of it. I rather wait for his bar to expire. He has been abroad in Mexico for almost 4 years. Life in Mexico has been rough. In case we do send the waiver will I need to pay NVC fees again and also will I have to wait again 16 weeks for another interview or do I just reschedule? Thank you for the advise.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys, haven't posted in a bit. I know some of you have been following our story so I made sure to update all of the info on our timeline and profile. I'm here to help if you need it! I know it's not an easy journey, but it is so worth it! <3 We are now waiting on our AOS, EAD and AP. :)

This journey isn't easy...we went over many hurdles along the way... We are together now, 4 years going strong... It's never impossible, it is a matter of having the strength and love to conquer all things along the way! 

(K-1 Process)(I 601 Waiver Process)(AOS, EAD & AP)

June 13th 2015- Filed 1-129f

June 19th 2015- NOA1 Received!

July 21st 2015- NOA2 Received!

August 10th 2015- NVC Received!

August 17th 2015- Case # Received over phone!

August 21st 2015- Embassy in Sydney Received!

August 27th 2015- Packet 3 Received!

August 29th 2015- Police Fingerprinting Done!

September 1st 2015- Packet 4 Received!

September 15th 2015- Interview in Sydney!

September 18th 2015- Medical in Brisbane!

September 23rd 2015- Letter from Medical Received!

October 17th 2015- CEAC changed to refused 

October 17th - November 10th 2015- emails and phone calls placed to embassy to inquire on our case

November 12th 2015- Email from embassy confirming refusal with news that we qualify for a waiver!

November 18th 2015- Received package from embassy on our denial and waiver information

March 7th 2016- I-601 Waiver overnighted to lockbox

March 8th 2016- I-601 Waiver delivered to lockbox and received (According to Website)

March 12th 2016- I-601 Waiver received (Text and email message verifying)

November 2016- Sent inquiry on I-601 (Was told it was still in line, contact in 60 days if no decision made)

January 31st 2017- Called NCSC to talk to tier 2 officer. Was informed it was with an officer and a decision should be made in 15 days

February 9th 2017- USCIS updated our case to approved! (February 8th was the date listed) 

February 12th 2017- Received updated instructions

February 13th 2017- Received official approval letter in the mail/ Booked medical in Brisbane. 

February 20th 2017- Medical in Brisbane

February 27th 2017- Picked up Medical Packet

February 28th 2017- Second interview and immediate approval! 

March 6th, 2017- K-1 Visa Issued

March 16th 2017- He arrives home : POE LAX 

May 27th 2017- We are finally married! 

June 13th 2017- AOS, EAD and AP go out in the mail

June 19th 2017- NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all, I finally got notice from my lawyer after waiting a year for USCIS decision. My husband's waiver were approved! USCIS received both the application for I601 and I212 on June 29th 2016 and approved both yesterday July 7th, 2017. So it took them a year to process his applications. I know it's disheartening for those waiting but if anything this should give you hope that approvals are possible. Now I know I have to wait for NVC to contact me but ive seen other posts talk about AOC AP and im not sure what any of these mean. The only thing I'm weary about is the processing times..Colombia is so slow when it comes to interviews our original visa interview took almost two years just to get a date. If anyone has gone through this regently please let me know the steps you followed afterwards. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, RaisaC said:

Hello all, I finally got notice from my lawyer after waiting a year for USCIS decision. My husband's waiver were approved! USCIS received both the application for I601 and I212 on June 29th 2016 and approved both yesterday July 7th, 2017. So it took them a year to process his applications. I know it's disheartening for those waiting but if anything this should give you hope that approvals are possible. Now I know I have to wait for NVC to contact me but ive seen other posts talk about AOC AP and im not sure what any of these mean. The only thing I'm weary about is the processing times..Colombia is so slow when it comes to interviews our original visa interview took almost two years just to get a date. If anyone has gone through this regently please let me know the steps you followed afterwards. 

Congratulations on your approval. I have also been waiting for more than a year now since my I601 and I212 was received by USCIS(NSC) on June 13th 2016 but I'm still waiting my case to be worked on.

For your case, I think you would be contacted by the Columbian Consulate once they receive your approval notice from USCIS. Just wait for about a week or two and contact your Consulate/Embassy via email or phone call if you have no heard anything from them. The battle is almost over for you. The rest of the process should be painless going forward. Once again, congratulations on your approval!!!😊😊😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mach001 said:

Congratulations on your approval. I have also been waiting for more than a year now since my I601 and I212 was received by USCIS(NSC) on June 13th 2016 but I'm still waiting my case to be worked on.

For your case, I think you would be contacted by the Columbian Consulate once they receive your approval notice from USCIS. Just wait for about a week or two and contact your Consulate/Embassy via email or phone call if you have no heard anything from them. The battle is almost over for you. The rest of the process should be painless going forward. Once again, congratulations on your approval!!!😊😊😊

Thank you very much! I am so happy to finally feel like I can see that light at the end of the tunnel. My husband got deported in August 2010 so these last seven years have surely been a journey. I hope you get your answer quickly because I know this waiting game is hard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.