30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can we NOT encourage people to use VAWA unless there's abuse involved? Jfc

That would be honorable and ethical, but in real life VAWA is an easy (debatable) loophole to LPR status with or without PROOF of abuse. If you do the math of 12,000 annual VAWA apps and growing, that amounts to 40 foreigners being abused daily. I don't believe that for a second. Do I believe there is VAWA fraud of dozens per day? You bet I do. As a matter of fact I just received about my 10th request from a Russian woman today for money and come to America and be with me forever, and I'm over 100 responses from Chinese women looking for an American sugar daddy.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks. Millions of people want to come to the USA for handouts. Why would you want to live in squalor if you can find an American sucker to pay your way for years?

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, there is no returns policy when marrying a foreign national.

Relationships breakdown, so divorce and move on.

On a personal note I find it sad that so many people think they can apparently treat a foreign spouse differently to a US spouse and return them "home" like a defective appliance.

Who knows the circumstances... But in regards to how some foreign spouses are treated that's opening a whole can of worms that's wrong on a lot of levels, often on the side of the foreign national as much as the citizen.

Our History - 5 years of marriage, known each other for 8 years (and counting!)
06/15/2006 - Met my husband online
05/06/2007 - Met in person for the first time in San Francisco, CA
11/04/2007 - Met in person again for two weeks in San Francisco, CA
12/15/2007 - Decide to be friends, due to distance
06/01/2009 - Entered Canada with my husband, intending to return to the US (started living together)
06/09/2009 - My husband and I fall in love
09/20/2009 - Married in Calgary, AB, Canada
06/09/2010 - 1st Anniversary
06/09/2011 - 2nd Anniversary
12/18/2011 - Expecting our first child
06/09/2012 - 3rd Anniversary
08/31/2012 - Our son is born in St. Albert, AB, Canada

06/09/2013 - 4th Anniversary

06/09/2014 - 5th Anniversary

USCIS - 36 days
12/10/2012 - Mailed I-130
01/01/2013 - Received NOA1 email
01/11/2013 - Received NOA1 letter in mail
02/05/2013 - NOA2 (Approved) but update is not reflected anywhere
02/19/2013 - Received NOA2 letter in mail

NVC
03/06/2013 - AOS fee invoice received
04/18/2013 - AOS fee paid
04/21/2013 - AOS paperwork mailed

01/06/2014 - Supporting documents requested

06/24/2014 - Mailed supporting documents

07/03/2014 - Email verifying documents were received

07/10/2014 - Received interview date

08/11/2014 - Scheduled medical

08/15/2014 - Scheduled interview date (APPROVED!)

08/18/2014 - Visa status changes to ISSUED on CEAC website

08/19/2014 - Waybill # for Loomis arrives in e-mail

08/20/2014 - Visa/Passport ready for pick up early morning

Jesus Christ, what's up with some USC spouses thinking they can put their "real doll" foreign spouses back on a plane when things don't work out! Bringing them to the US might have been your doing, putting on a plane back home is not.

Indeed. That's why before get married, better to learn each other quite some time before jumping into conclusion she or he is the one which is many cases we are seeing here on VJ and got shocked to find out that "the one" they were thought about actually it was not. Foreign spouses are humans as well like USCs. But sadly enough to see many loopholes in the immigration laws that being used just to get a green card.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

I'm the citizen and I'm through with the marriage

but she refuses to go back to her home country or for that matter leave the relationship. Does anybody have any ideas on ridding me of this woman??? Sorry for not giving the juicy details which we all like but I need advice.

GET A DIVORCE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm the citizen and I'm through with the marriage

but she refuses to go back to her home country or for that matter leave the relationship. Does anybody have any ideas on ridding me of this woman??? Sorry for not giving the juicy details which we all like but I need advice.

The advice to det a divorce is FANTASTIC FREE ADVICE. Of course she refuses to go back. Why does she not want to "leave" the relationship? Big house? Money? You're great in bed? If you don't love her, and you won't give the us the juicy details revert back to FREE ADVICE and get divorced. Then it doesn't matter whether she wants to leave or not, YOU WILL BE DONE.

As for VAWA we don't know what has occured. As for "returning an appliance" we don't know about fraud, mental illness, danger to your safety, etc. All you really asked is "ridding me of this woman."

Again, FREE ADVICE...GET A DIVORCE.

You want more legal advice than that, then give us the juicy details. My personal stance is this, you brought her here, now you have to deal with it. Yes, if there is fraud, I do think that beneficiary should be returned like a defective product, no fraud he/she stays as the relationship just didn't work out and now you get to PAY! If you were the problem again...YOU have to PAY.

If there was abuse, then yes VAWA is an option, but we know nothing of the time frames or GC status etc of this situation. If you bought bad fruit at the market you should certainly return it, but if you bought good fruit and let it go bad then too bad for you.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Can we NOT encourage people to use VAWA unless there's abuse involved? Jfc

Even if you don't like it, you all have to realize 2 things:

-1- The simple fact of trying to force anyone out of the country by any way and to use the immigration system to achieve that goal while this person has full legal status in the US; and particularly because you are a USC whose marriage does not work the way you want, and you basically want to get back at your soon-2bx because of that IS CONSIDERED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE by law ( the legal term for that is threatening).

-2- The simple fact of using Immigration process as means of pressure to obtain ANYTHING from your spouse ( sex, silence, obedience, etc) and the fact of using USCIS process in order to blackmail your soon-2bx into asking for no alimony or into giving up custody of a child to your profit IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE by law ( the legal term is "use of coercion and blackmail" )

So IF she mentions any of that on her ROC application, IF you have even just hinted this very threat on any text or email, she has ground to file for a restraining order AND to apply for ROC under extreme cruelty. (I bet proving hardship if she were to be deported to China will present NO difficulty).

Now before a whole cohort of ignorants of the law write whatever they think is the "truth" or whatever they have read from another (not less) ignorant tiers, the Battered Immigrant Women Protection Act of 2000 (8 USC 1101 note) specifically intend to provide protection against deportation to abused immigrants and their children in order to prevent them from " fearing that the abuser will retaliate by withdrawing or threatening withdrawal of access to an immigration benefit under the abuser’s control" (BTW I quote the actual LAW) should they have to file for anything ( restraining order, divorce, ROC, testimony against their USC spouse in a criminal case, etc)

So basically what you just wrote gives HER legal ground for VAWA/extreme cruelty application.

Now, I come from a country where the slightest social security card gives you full coverage of ANY of your medical/dental/vision/pharmacy expenses and retirement benefits so, let me tell you that we deal with crowds of immigrants ALSO. A bunch of people I know have married foreign citizens, thankfully I have NEVER EVER seen such a loathsome and widespread I-am-tired-of-my spouse-so-I-am-going-to-get-this-effing-bi***-deported behavior among my fellow nationals. And I am happy because this widespread behavior is beyond repugnant! Who the heck do you think you are? News flash: PEOPLE are NOT KLEENEX Tissues, you understand that?YOU made the decision of marrying her, SHE is NOT the ONLY responsible for the failure of this marriage, YOU BOTH ARE. So why do you think she should be the only one to pay for the mess you both created? Because of your pathetic anger and resentment, she should be thrown out like a dog? What else people? How about stoning her while we are at it?

Edited by AT20000

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Here is a fun fact about "Permanent Residency otherwise known as Green Card", it is kind of "permanent". *

*Conditions and other restrictions apply, to a certain degree.

That would be honorable and ethical, but in real life VAWA is an easy (debatable) loophole to LPR status with or without PROOF of abuse. If you do the math of 12,000 annual VAWA apps and growing, that amounts to 40 foreigners being abused daily. I don't believe that for a second. Do I believe there is VAWA fraud of dozens per day?

Wake up and smell the coffee folks. Millions of people want to come to the USA for handouts. Why would you want to live in squalor if you can find an American sucker to pay your way for years?

Then you might consider looking at the statistics of the US department of justice on Domestic violence in the US! More than One in Four women in the US will be abused by their male partner in her life. I am not the one who says that, these are the statistic of the US department of justice.

VAWA has been created to prevent abusers who have been dumped over and over by USC Spouses ( because they are abusive) from "buying" a mail ordered wife, beat the heck out of her and maintain her in this hell thanks to their immigration status. So 40 foreigners abused every day? I bet you there are MANY MANY more than that who do not know what their rights are ( and for having been in this situation, I can tell you that finding accurate information is HARD).

Just so you know, no one goes and get approved for VAWA or I-751 for extreme cruelty for nothing ( see my previous posts for the list of exhibits)

Last but not least What handouts are you talking about? This is another widespread legend! First most people coming from western EU countries have MUCH better benefits in their own countries than any USC can possibly dream of in the US. So leaving their country to marry a USC and move to the US to find a worse situation does not stand reasoning. For the rest of the countries I don't know. Then, and most importantly, if an immigrant applies for ANY benefit ( cash assistance, housing assistance,medical assistance) they become what USCIS labels as "Public charge" And THIS is specifically one of the criteria USCIS adjudicators are using to deny ROC. So what handout are you talking about?

Sorry, there is no returns policy when marrying a foreign national.

Relationships breakdown, so divorce and move on.

On a personal note I find it sad that so many people think they can apparently treat a foreign spouse differently to a US spouse and return them "home" like a defective appliance.

OMG 2ndMessiah, this is SO TRUE. I found it sad for a while also. Now that I have been reading this same "return policy" garbage over and over from overly entitled USC and for years, it just sickens me to no end. God knows that both your country and mine are receiving a huge bunch of immigrants also. Did you ever witness that in your home country? I have never, ever seen that.

I can only imagine what this poor woman might be going through at home considering the already abusive behavior and entitlement displayed here.

Filed: Timeline

Then you might consider looking at the statistics of the US department of justice on Domestic violence in the US! More than One in Four women in the US will be abused by their male partner in her life. I am not the one who says that, these are the statistic of the US department of justice.

VAWA has been created to prevent abusers who have been dumped over and over by USC Spouses ( because they are abusive) from "buying" a mail ordered wife, beat the heck out of her and maintain her in this hell thanks to their immigration status. So 40 foreigners abused every day? I bet you there are MANY MANY more than that who do not know what their rights are ( and for having been in this situation, I can tell you that finding accurate information is HARD).

Just so you know, no one goes and get approved for VAWA or I-751 for extreme cruelty for nothing ( see my previous posts for the list of exhibits)

Last but not least What handouts are you talking about? This is another widespread legend! First most people coming from western EU countries have MUCH better benefits in their own countries than any USC can possibly dream of in the US. So leaving their country to marry a USC and move to the US to find a worse situation does not stand reasoning. For the rest of the countries I don't know. Then, and most importantly, if an immigrant applies for ANY benefit ( cash assistance, housing assistance,medical assistance) they become what USCIS labels as "Public charge" And THIS is specifically one of the criteria USCIS adjudicators are using to deny ROC. So what handout are you talking about?

Very true. I studied in Northern Europe. My tuition was free, including books and the state was giving me the equivalent of $900 for being a full time student (welfare program that every student gets depending on how far they reside from home), which was more than enough to get by. Also, minimum wage was the equivalent to $20/hour. That's what mcdonalds workers make there (compare that to the $7 they make here). I graduated with no student debt and some savings. (Most americans find this hard to believe).

I've read some posts here considering in-state tuition ($5000/year on average, I believe) a handout... lol. It just seems to me that there's a correlation between low self esteem and hatred for immigrants in America. As if immigrants are the reason for all the problems in this country. History is completely forgotten or they'd know that most of them are descendants of poor, sick and starving immigrants, "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."

It is specially ironic to read derogatory comments towards immigrants in general, from people who are immigrant themselves.

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Let's please stay on topic and not debate other issues. The OP has provided scanty information and has gotten just about all the advice that we can offer on the basis of our knowledge. If he returns with more details, it will enable more contribution. Thanks.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Jesus Christ, what's up with some USC spouses thinking they can put their "real doll" foreign spouses back on a plane when things don't work out! Bringing them to the US might have been your doing, putting on a plane back home is not.

My mother in law actually made me promise to send my wife back to her home country if I ever got tired of her. BTW calling our foreign spouses "real dolls" is kind of offensive.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

to finish this here, in response to those who responded thats she's not a commodity, you're absolutely right! relationships break down, period, and was only asking what to do. I now know that that I-894 means more than I casually took it and I'll deal. Thanks for the responses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread Closed as the OP got the answers needed, as he is done with this thread~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.