Texasav8r

If You Have Been Transferred...Please Post Here (K-1)

2,233 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know. I'm just hoping we get approved soon so we can get married by April. I assume if we get approved by end of this month since it is getting closer to the holidays his interview probably won't be until December or January and hopefully he can have everything in hand by march. That would be wonderful!!

Wait - why after the holidays? I just checked the London consulate page and it says "all other nonimmigrant visas" are a six day wait for an appointment. If we are approved soon (next week - fingers crossed), why would that not happen until 2015? I'm hoping for a xmas wedding. March is too far out, right?!

I-129F sent:04/01/2014

Package Accepted:04/14/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):04/17/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):04/20/2014

Case Transferred: 08/11/2014, again 8/19/2014

Case Transferred: 09/13/2014

RFE Received: 9/19 email & text, post 9/22
RFE Returned: 9/24, rec'd by USCIS 9/26

NOA2(Email&Text): 10/06/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received): 10/09/2014

NVC Arrived:

NVC Left:

Medical Date:

Packet 3 Received:

Packet 3 Faxed or emailed:

Packet 4 Received:

Packet 4 Faxed or Emailed:

Interview(Approved):

Visa in Hand:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lol. My hubby is a pharmacist in the UK but right now at the hospital he works for is finishing a two year program to have a specialty in oncology which he finishes in April. He will practice in the US as an oncology pharmacist or a pharmacist that specializes in cancer patients and medicine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats!!!!! I called too, was approved the next day!!!! Rest are coming, hold tight!!!

Ms. Fabiola I called USCIS because you recommended and got the same surprising result. Thank you.!

Thanks also to visaJourney this opportunity offered. It is very helpful. Infinite thanks to the creators. :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I was transferred from Texas to (Assuming California, never got a hard copy).

2014-05-12 Mailed I-129F to USCIS.

2014-05-19 I-129F recieved by USCIS.

2014-05-21 NOA1 sent from USCIS.

2014-05-23 Recieved NOA1 in mail.

2014-05-29 20:00 Alien Registration Number assigned to case.

2014-08-11 16:15 I-129F to another office for processing.

2014-08-11 20:47 I-129F to local office for further processing.

2014-08-19 20:16 I-129F Recieved at new office and being processed.

Hoping for the good news soon!

Edited by MichaelYaoling
2014-05-12 I-129F Mailed
2014-05-21 NOA1:
2014-05-29 (ARN) Alien Registration Number
2014-08-11 Transfer (TSC to CSC)
2014-09-23 RFE:
2014-11-04 Denial of I-129f :cry:
2014-11-25 Married in Zhengzhou, Henan, China! (L):luv:
2015-01-08 I-130 Mailed (FedEx)
2015-01-12 I-130 Received by Chicago lockbox
2015-01-15 I-130 Check cleared bank
2015-01-13 I-130 NOA1 (Nebraska)
2015-04-17 I-130 NOA2 :dancing:
2015-04-20 Sent to NVC
2015-04-23 Received by NVC

y1OKm6.png

HLSmp8.png

iD6xm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I thought for sure this week. I even called and thought that might help. Ugh. (NOA1 4/17). So how are you guys handling wedding plans? I thought he would come from UK to be here in November and a December wedding, but now I don't know. Are you getting married at the start or end of 90 days?

At the start of the 90 days. My mom is traveling with me and staying with us for a week. So we would really love that she could be with us when we get married

Sent : 04/16/2014

Received : 04/21/2014

NOA1: 04/23/2014

Alien registration number : 04/28/2014

event.png

My noa1 was April 4th. The SRC numbers around me haven't been approved yet, and one got a rfe. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I would just tell those who haven't passed the 5 month mark yet: just be patient, it was supposed to be this long. Just imagine if we hadn't been transferred to CSC! I feel bad for the march filers. They truly got screwed. Many of them are still waiting.

Ours was April 3rd, we were transferred too.... and nothing.....Makes me feel better to know that you are with me! I checked about 5 SRCs around me and none after me were approved either..... ;)

Edited by ktered

3-26-14 Mailed I-129F via USPS signature confirmation
3-29-14 Signature confirmation (4am on a Saturday! ;))
4-3-14 Text message from USCIS saying that case was received (NOA1) and transferred to Texas Service Center
4-3-14 Check Cashed
4-3-14 Alien Registration Number changed
4-7-14 Official Paper NOA1 received in the mail
8-11-14 Notice of Transfer to CSC
9-17-14 NOA2 received by e-mail and text message
10-09-14 NVC received
10-10-14 Case # assigned
10-15-14 NVC says "In Transit"

10-16-14 NCV says "Ready"
10-17-14 DHL says package delivered

10-18-14 Received Paper NVC notice (with fiance's first name spelled wrong)

11-9-14 Received appt letter

11-19-14 Received E-mail with interview date for 1-7-15

1-7-15 Interview - Approved but medical exam was not at consulate due to holidays
3-11-2015 Finally received visa.
8-8-15 Traveled to the US together. Arrived in Boston with no problems.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ours was on april 01 and not approved yet. happy to hear from peopl with us next week we will hear somthing for sure. good luck for everyone still waiting :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ms. Fabiola I called USCIS because you recommended and got the same surprising result. Thank you.!

Thanks also to visaJourney this opportunity offered. It is very helpful. Infinite thanks to the creators. :dancing:

WoooooooW!!!!! You can't beat that , can you!!! :dancing: When you call and put pressure on somebody, many times, they can't take it. You must make them feel your pain and your frustration. When they feel the hurt and pain that you have endured over these months, they can easily send an email to who ever has your file and speed things up immediately. Glad you called and glad that you got approved!!!! Congrats and Good luck!!! :idea:

Edited by Fabiola252

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

...still nothing. I have a semi new job starting Monday (new store) so...maybe good news Monday? I'm so sick of waiting...and I'm really freaking depressed. We are so close & just...nothing. It hurts.

I swear if I see one more "Just be patient!" "Your time will come!" by someone who has been approved, I'm going to scream. I'm so tired of this. SO tired.

As for your lease question, obviously I haven't gone through AOS yet, but I know that there are others who are living with their parents (my fiancé & I will be living with my dad while we save for a house) and they've gone through AOS just fine. I don't think it's a requirement for Matt to be on the lease, too. It helps with the whole establishment of a legit relationship, I think but not a requirement. Like I said..we're living with my dad for probably the first 6 months to a year & I've seen on here plenty of people who have done something similar.

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

We have been patiently waiting also. Our case was transferred on 8/19. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I have seen people the same day we filed get approved and up to 2 months after get approved. It is a very depressing hard road but I just think about the end result and being with my love until the end of time.

4/24/14- Arrived at Dallas Lockbox

4/26/14- Check cashed, Received NOA1 by email, Alien Registration # Changed

4/29/14- Received hard copy of NOA1

08/08/14- Confirmaton of Address Change

08/11/14- Email and Text saying transferred to local office

08/19/14- Email and Text saying transferred and is being processed at a USISC office.

09/09/14-Email and saying on 8/11 your case was transferred to local office. :ranting:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Could someone please post a list of what paperwork needs to be gathered while waiting on NOA 2

A checklist would be so helpful.

Thanks

hope that will help http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide good luck.

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one). Your fiance(e) should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well). 2. Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance(e) to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. Your fiance(e) should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well). 3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F). 4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all. 5. You will need several items (for the above form). Gather duplicate evidence of income and resources as appropriate:

(A) Statement from an officer of the bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying the following: 1. date account opened; 2. total amount deposited for the past year; 3. present balance

(B) Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary showing: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. salary paid; 3. whether position is temporary or permanent (also include copies of your last two pay stubs and your previous W-2 for the associated employer if available)

© If Self Employed: 1. Copy of last income tax return filed (or IRS transcripts); or 2. report of commercial rating concern

(D) List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. See this FAQ for more tips and useful information on the Affidavit of Support Form. 6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail. (backup information; the embassy will have copies of this as well) 7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).

Examples: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate emails and letters you have sent including the stamps on envelopes (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2): 1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one). Your fiance(e) should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well). 2. Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance(e) to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. Your fiance(e) should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well). 3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F). 4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all. 5. You will need several items (for the above form). Gather duplicate evidence of income and resources as appropriate:

(A) Statement from an officer of the bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying the following: 1. date account opened; 2. total amount deposited for the past year; 3. present balance

(B) Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary showing: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. salary paid; 3. whether position is temporary or permanent (also include copies of your last two pay stubs and your previous W-2 for the associated employer if available)

© If Self Employed: 1. Copy of last income tax return filed (or IRS transcripts); or 2. report of commercial rating concern

(D) List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. See this FAQ for more tips and useful information on the Affidavit of Support Form. 6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail. (backup information; the embassy will have copies of this as well) 7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).

Examples: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate emails and letters you have sent including the stamps on envelopes (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.