Texasav8r

If You Have Been Transferred...Please Post Here (K-1)

2,233 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I received this message

Initial Review

The I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

And ever since I haven't received a hard copy to know where was my file transferred , so I called this morning the customer service she just read this same message and she had no further info. ?

I'm not usre I understand your question. If you are applying for the K-1 visa your intent is supposed to be to have your fiancé immigrate to the US. If you are planning to just get married and honeymoon in the US then leave and live and work in a different country there is no need for a K-1. You can get married here and honeymoon here on a tourist visa. If you get the K-1 and you intend to stay in the US and live here you must file AOS and your fiancé must remain in the US until granted AP/EAD card. But if you use the K-1 to get married/honeymoon, and then leave without filing AOD you must file 1-130 and AOS before your fiancé and return to immigrate to the US. I hope that helps a little. I know its a bit confusing, but basically if your intent is to immigrate no you can go back to SA right away and still need to have affidavit no matter the situation. IF there is no intent to immigrate now, there was no need to bother with the K-1 just come get married have you honeymoon and go home. Then when you are ready to immigrate permanently file 1-130 and 1-485 and wait that application out.

Thanks a lot for ur time answering my question I wish I asked it a long time but now since I've waited 110 days I'll just proceed with it ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks a lot for ur time answering my question I wish I asked it a long time but now since I've waited 110 days I'll just proceed with it ?

If that's the case you still need an affidavit of support for the interview at the embassy before the visa gets approved, and you really ought to at least stay in the US long enough for your fiancé to get her GC that way you won't have to repeat the process with the 1-130, but it's up to you.

If that's the case you still need an affidavit of support for the interview at the embassy before the visa gets approved, and you really ought to at least stay in the US long enough for your fiancé to get her GC that way you won't have to repeat the process with the 1-130, but it's up to you.

I really appreciate all your answers and I hope you get your approval pretty soon dear... ?

One small question cause I have to do back in Egypt on November if he comes to USA and we get married can I travel while he stays here after applying GC I'll be back in exactly 28 days.. Is that possible ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey, I got the same glitch last week. When I called, it also said I had been transferred to Mesquite. However, the level two office assured me that my case was in CA. She said it was a system error and to be patient.

I guess we have no choice but to be. Hang in there we are close.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I really appreciate all your answers and I hope you get your approval pretty soon dear... ?

One small question cause I have to do back in Egypt on November if he comes to USA and we get married can I travel while he stays here after applying GC I'll be back in exactly 28 days.. Is that possible ?

Only the AOS applicant must remain in the US until AP/EAD/ Mariiage or what have you, the US citizen is free to come and go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear All,

Please help me....

The date I sent doc to USCIS is Apr/19. And Apr/21 they received my doc. And Apr/29 is the date to change Ailen number....

So Until Sep/19 or Sep/21 or Sep/29 is enough 5 months? Because I want to make E-request to them?

2014/04/19: I 129F sent

2014/04/23: Noa1.

2014/10/15: NOA2

2014/11/14: casenumber

2015/01/15: interview

2015/01/27: visa inhand

2015/02/27: enter US.

2015/03/01: got married license

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well it's almost 10pm my time and I logged I to my case and no change... No NOA2 still and Wednesday is my five month mark... Sigh....

Normally change about 11pm!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

But I have gotten emails or texts from uscis earlier than now so, I know we weren't approved

My NOA2 Approval came exactly 11pm, just saying, but, you never know!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh my god...noa2! No rfe! It came at 11:02!

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.