ccdr14

MARRIAGE FRAUD

72 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm sorry this happened. IMHO one does not walk away from her husband because he hasn't provided her with a big home and fancy car. What about for richer or poorer? Many people do marry just for a green card and the American victim has a very hard time proving this. USCIS cannot get involved in the details of a marriage, they have a very specific job to do. I don't doubt that your wife used you. It happened to me and several other people that I have met.

Here's what I think you should do:

1) Withdraw the I-130 by visiting the nearest USCIS office, you'll need to make an InfoPass appointment.

2) File for divorce and/or annulment based on fraud (check your state laws).

3) Try to come to terms with this, don't beat yourself up, just get the hell out and move on with your life.

4) Do not feel sorry for her, the longer you stay married the better it is for her.

5) Don't talk to her or see her.

Good luck!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello there!!!

Sorry to hear about your situation! It happened to me too. I can feel what is on your mind right now. Feeling being used? call this number USCIS INVESTIGATING HOT LINE. 866-347-2433.

ALSO, you should send all the documentations back to Service center where you have filed your petition including explanation letter.

Go to your local USCIS and report your complaint. They should have you sign your statement with the Immigration and will be put on file. If your wife wants to AOS. She have to show proof of you two being together. good luck to you.

Billy :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

AOS JOURNEY BEGIN

10-18-2006 - MAILED I-485/I-765/I-864/G325A

10-24-2006 - I-485/I-765 NOA1

10-27-2006 - AOS/EAD TOUCHED

11-07-2006 - EMAIL RFE FROM USCIS

11-09-2006 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT

11-16-2006 - MAILED BACK THE RFE

12-12-2006 - CASE TRANSFER TO CSC

01-08-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-11-2007 - EAD APPROVED

01-13-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-15-2007 - EAD TOUCHED AGAIN

01-18-2007 - EAD RECIEVED IN HAND + APPROVAL NOTICE SENT FROM USCIS

01-18-2007 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURTIY NUMBER

01-20-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-20-2007 - AOS TOUCHED

01-27-2007 - RECEIVED SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

03-01-2007 - EMIAL FROM CSC AOS IS NOW PENDING AT OUR OFFICE

03-02-2007 - AOS TOUCHED

03-05-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-06-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-07-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-08-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGIAN AROUND 9 AM SOMETHING.

03-08-2007 - AOS APPROVED AT NOON

03-09-2007 - EMAIL FROM CSC (WELCOME NEW RESIDENT NOTICE WAS SENT)

03-12-2007 - EMAIL FROM CSC (APPROVAL NOTICE WAS SENT)

03-13-2007 - TOUCHED

03-15-2007 - GREEN CARD AND APPROVAL NOTICE IN HAND

REMOVING CONDITION I-751

01-20-2009 - SENT I-751 CERTIFIED OVERNIGHT

01-26-2009 - CHECK CASHED

01-22-2009 - NOA1

02-04-2009 - RECEIVED BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL

02-17-2009 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT DATE 9 AM

02-17-2009 - TOUCHED

02-18-2009 - TOUCHED AGAIN

05-28-2009 - APPROVAL (WAITING TO RECEIVE 10 YRS GREEN CARD)

06-22-2009 - RECEIVED 10 YRS GREEN CARD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
ccdr,

From your description, it sounds to me to be a case of expectations not being met - she sees what others have, she wants the same or better, and you're not providing it.

Where's the indication that all she wanted was a 'Green Card'?

Yodrak

I guess that's my question too, but oh well.

Inform who you need to inform, particularly the local office that will be dealing with her AOS application.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Cancel the I-130 and that makes the K3 void , she then has no legal status and has to leave

Siobhan,Yorkshire UK-Scott,Florida USA

CR1-I-130

May/06/08............NOA1 from Vermont

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I am so sorry you have to go through this we wish all our best and we hope everything will be ok again for you!

GOOD LUCK!!!! :star:

Mike & Maria

Got married in Killeen, Texas on April 27 2004

*°K-3 Visa°*

Oct 12 2005 - Sent I-130 to NSC

Oct 24 2005 - NOA 1

Nov 7 2005 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

Nov 9 2005 - NOA 1

Dec 5 2005 - NOA 2 - I-129F Approved!!! (28 days)

Dec 13 2005 - Application Forwarded to NVC

Dec 16 2005 - Application received by the Consulate in Italy

Jan 4 2006 - Packet 3

Jan 10 2006 - Sent "Applicant's Statement" to Naples

Jan 27 2006 - Packet 4

Feb 22 2006 - Medical and Interview

Feb 22 2006 - Interview... APPROVED Got the Visa!!!

Mar 2 2006 - I-130 case *touched*

Mar 6 2006 - RFE for the I-130 (Marriage Certificate)

Mar 14 2006 - Sent RFE to CSC

Mar 21 2006 - RFE received by CSC

Mar 30 2006 - Detroit POE - Got the I-94

Mar 31 2006 - I-130 NOA 2 - APPROVED!!! (170 days)

*°AOS°*

Mar 31 2006 - I-765 sent to Chicago

Apr 5 2006 - I-765 NOA1

Apr 7 2006 - Vaccination Supplement appt. in Cleveland

Apr 13 2006 - EAD Biometrics Appointment Letter

Apr 18 2006 - EAD Biometrics in Pittsburg

Apr 22 2006 - I-485 sent to Chicago lockbox

Apr 28 2006 - I-485 NOA1

May 3 2006 - EAD Approved!! (33 days)

May 5 2006 - EAC received (NOA2)

May 5 2006 - AOS Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 8 2006 - Applied for Social Security Number

May 11 2006 - AOS Biometrics Appointment in Pittsburgh

May 18 2006 - Social Security Card arrived in the mail

May 18 2006 - Interview Appointment Letter

May 31 2006 - Flew back to Italy

Jun 24 2006 - I-485 *touched*

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I want to thank everyone for their constructive comments. I was on my way home tonight when my daughter called me saying there was a Deputy Sheriff here with some papers for me to sign. So when I pulled into my driveway he was still waiting for me. Told me it was just a simple Protective Order against me from my wife. Saying I could not contact her in any way shape or form. O.K. fine....Titi for Tat, as Yesterday I was able to get a Protective Order against her. This was done with the reasoning of not wanting her to come to the house while I was not there and possibly cleaning me and my daughter out...or possibly getting the house from me while all this mess was being sorted out.

SO anyway, I did contact and speak with an Immigration Investigations Officer this morning. He advised me to send a letter explaing everything as well as copies of the approved I-130, Copy of the Passport Data Page, copy of the Visa and I-94 with the "A" number, and copy of the Protective Order from me to her. Telling the Local Service Center Investigations Unit to withdraw the I-130 as well as the Affidavit of Support.

That once the I-130 was withdrawn her K-3 Visa will no longer be valid and would have to exit the country immediately, If not she would be in an "unlawful status". So tonight that is exactly what I have done and it will be expressed mailed tomorrow am.

There's no real explaining the hurt and pain I feel doing all of this but I have to try and keep a level head and first think about my daughter and then my home.

And yes, it is simple and plain a Green Card Fraud. She told me as she was leaving that she married me to come to the U.S.

Well, I will keep everyone posted as to what happens next..AGAIN, thanks all for your comments.

<span style='color:purple'>Marriage : 2005-04-30</span>

<span style='color:red'> I-130

I-130 Sent : 2005-05-19

I-130 NOA1 : 2005-05-23

I-130 Approval : 2005-08-25 </span>

<span style='color:blue'> I-129F (<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-3<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

I-129F Sent : 2005-07-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-07-27

I-129F Touched : 2005/8/10

I-129F Touched : 2005/8/17

I-129F Touched : 2005/8/23

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-08-23 </span>

<span style='color:green'><!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> Received : 2005-08-24

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> Left : 2005-08-26</span>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

if she told you she married you for a greencard, then there's no doubt.

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm so sorry. It was wise to call and report this. You should continue to act fast. She did the Protective Order because she's going to try and file I-360, violence against women/abused spouse petition. There is a lot of infomation about this on www.ILW.com, one member Sammy can tell you anything you want to know.

By any chance did you record her saying she married you to come here or did anyone else hear her say it?

If you are anything like me, your life is about to be turned upside down so hold on. Finding out someone you love and married only married you for a piece of paper is traumatic and there's no way I or anyone else can tell you how you're going to feel in the coming days. Perhaps making a list of things you need to do will help? If you're like me it will be hard to stay focused. I wanted to crawl in a whole and die, but I knew if I did that it would benefit my ex, so I did what I had to do to stop the immigration process telling myself I could cry later.

My heart breaks for you.

Best wishes and don't let her get the best of you :thumbs:

If she just came over here on a Fiance visa, basically she doesn't even have a greencard or conditional residence at this point and probably never will - unless you file an AOS for her, which seems very unlikely... She can stay in the US with her Fiance visa, but only temporarily. How long is it valid in the US: 2 years?

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

Filed: Timeline
I want to thank everyone for their constructive comments. I was on my way home tonight when my daughter called me saying there was a Deputy Sheriff here with some papers for me to sign. So when I pulled into my driveway he was still waiting for me. Told me it was just a simple Protective Order against me from my wife. Saying I could not contact her in any way shape or form. O.K. fine....Titi for Tat, as Yesterday I was able to get a Protective Order against her. This was done with the reasoning of not wanting her to come to the house while I was not there and possibly cleaning me and my daughter out...or possibly getting the house from me while all this mess was being sorted out.

SO anyway, I did contact and speak with an Immigration Investigations Officer this morning. He advised me to send a letter explaing everything as well as copies of the approved I-130, Copy of the Passport Data Page, copy of the Visa and I-94 with the "A" number, and copy of the Protective Order from me to her. Telling the Local Service Center Investigations Unit to withdraw the I-130 as well as the Affidavit of Support.

At this point she's basically cornered, 'cause once she's served your restraining order she won't have any other option but to drop her charges, in exchange for you doing the same. The judge will fairly order that you both agree with no factual findings of any kind.

I went through the exact same thing with my immigrant ex-wife, restraining order and all. In the end, it was me coming out on top and her getting sent back.

So PM me if you have any questions.

If she just came over here on a Fiance visa, basically she doesn't even have a greencard or conditional residence at this point and probably never will - unless you file an AOS for her, which seems very unlikely... She can stay in the US with her Fiance visa, but only temporarily. How long is it valid in the US: 2 years?

K-3 spousal visa not a fiance visa.

I would assume when he withdraws the I-130 that the K-3 visa is null and void as the I-130 is needed for a K-3 to be valid.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

There are many "opportunists" in the world, hoping to have a better life than the one he/she has been accustomed to. While this is naturally not conducive for a marriage, it doesn't necessarily spell immigration fraud.

By definition, an opportunist is "someone who purposely and premeditatedly takes advantage of any person or situation to achieve his/her own personal and selfish gains, with no regard for principles, morals, values or consequences."

So based on the above definition, this marriage reeks of immigration fraud, since it's obvious the immigrant wife never truly had bona fide intentions and instead had ulterior motives.

Believe it or not, I went through your exact same situation with my immigrant ex-wife, although in the end I was able to come out on top.

So if you want to stop scammers like your wife from getting away with murder, intently follow my advice. But if you've moved on and could care less, then read no further.

And if you have any specific questions about anything, please feel free to PM me.

1) Instead of you being the one seeking the divorce, let her or her new hubby do it. Then you can sue. Consult both a Family and Immigration Law atty. right away and explain your situation. Also explain the situation to the 'CIS by setting up an Infopass appointment with them asap. But you'd have to stay separated for 2 years so her visa expires before divorcing.

At this point she can only adjust through her new hubby via marriage, but to do this she will have to present your divorce decree. You initiating divorce proceedings will greatly strenghten any and all claims of her marriage to you being truly "bona fide," thus increasing her chances of approval. In other words, it makes her look good and you like the bad guy. She'll claim she never wanted to divorce you and attempted all ways possible to salvage the marriage by going to counseling, therapists, etc., but that still you wanted the divorce anyway.

Her initiating divorce proceedings will instead make her look bad and greatly decrease any chances of approval, since it would refute any claim she makes she married you in good faith.

2) Send a certified letter to the 'CIS office processing your case asap requesting them to withdraw any and all paperwork related to her by alleging marriage fraud as the reason for your request. Include as much evidence as possible such as e-mails, testimonies, pictures, etc. to back up and/or substantiate your fraud allegation. Include a timelime of the events, as well as her A# and SS#, DOB, full name, country of birth, application number(s), etc.

3) NEVER tell her you did, are doing or will do any of the above. Don't tell anyone else either. Don't tell her you changed your mind and will not divorce either. In fact, stop all forms of communication with her as of now, which she could later use by claiming you stalk and harrass her. Instead have your atty. talk to her.

3) At some point and time she'll run out of patience and start suspecting your intentions, in which case she'll start divorce proceedings herself and/or claim domestic violence in order to use the VAWA waiver against you. Be ready to defend yourself if she goes this route.

4. Hopefully, by the time 3 occurs, her petition will be withdrawn already, in which case a letter ordering her to depart will be mailed. If this happens, not even the baby will help her stay. She will be right away out of status (illegal).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

*hugs*

there is nothing that quite equals being betrayed by a loved one, loved one to whom you were willing to commit yourself, heart and soul...

you are in my thoughts, all of you who have gone and are going through this.... I cannot imagine what I would do, betrayal of this sort would probably break me...

I cannot help but wonder, just how "bad" it makes all other genuine petitions, K1 or 3 look...

I sincerely hope you will be able to get through this with minimum damage to you and your daughter both

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wow now that is a sad story! See my husband was accused of Marriage fraud with his first wife, he is the Alien and his cousin introduced him to a woman in the states, while he was there on a visitor visa.......when they went to the last interview the ####### told the officer my hubby paid her money.......so they took him into custody, gave him a felony, and kept him in jail for 6mths......however he was released on bond and remained in proceedings for the next 1yr and a half before he was removed...............we are now in Lebanon working on our papers to come back to the US........yes i married a criminal that was removed for marriage fraud while he was in the process of being removed......but it was all set up to hurt him....................

.i hope that things work out for you!!! all the best

hmmm I am not a lawyer but if you go into the AOS Interview you are sworn in under otah(sp) and any lying is consider perjury. If she lied, she just did a felonly. that is a big crime. I would try to gather facts up and see if the DA can procute her for perjury.

Take care

Yogi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.