ccdr14

MARRIAGE FRAUD

72 posts in this topic

dmartmar,

I had no idea you're an Anti-fraud investigator for USCIS!

I'm not. I just speak from firsthand experience.

First off, I don't want to ride you, because I am aware of your experience and I know that it can be a very hurtful and painful experience that many would have a diifficult time understanding. I also would not find it surprising that scars that can form as a result, but my point was that it's your firsthand experience, and not necessarily to be applied in the general sense.

The great majority of aliens enter into marriage and remain in it for as long as it is necessary with the sole purpose of gaining immigration benefits. Others move out and change their address with the PO, but not with the USCIS right after the USCsubmitting the AOS paperwork, as to make it seem if they're still remaining

When you make sweeping statements like above, it appears that you aren't restricting it only to your specific case, but to many if not most. And that's not accurate, in the first place, and not just either. There is no doubt that some aliens might contemplate entering marriage for the sole purpose of immigration benefit, in fact, the regulations are written in the way that they are as a by-product of a percentage of aliens that have done just that. Some of those aliens are also savvy enough to realise how to navigate the process so that they achieve their goal. That can include aliens that remain married just long enough to secure the residency and not a moment longer. It's not that I do not agree with what you are saying, but it's a hazard to state it in such a way that is appears to represent a large body of people.

P.S. In the event of an alien moving and only placing a forwarding order with the Post Office and not with USCIS, if USCIS sends notification of approval of the GC without an interview, and if the envelope bears certain language it cannot be forwarded and would be returned to the Service Centre, which would alert USCIS to look into the matter with a little more scrutiny. Now, I'm not saying that all notifications are mailed this way, because I happen to know they aren't, but some are.

1994 was the last year that the INS systematically collected marriage fraud statistics. In 1994 they found 6% to be fraud.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Many states will not allow mutual Orders of Protection. Depending on the laws in your state, if you received the first Order of Protection, then her OP will be not legal, and thus invalid. Push this one in court with your lawyer. The laws in some states are very, very clear about mutual Orders of Protection.

Fight her OP tooth and nail. Beware, many states allow the seeker of the OP to get "emergancy support". One more reason to fight it.

Good luck.

2/1/2006 Mailed I-129F to NSC

2/2/2006 I-129F delivered to NSC

2/6/2006 NSC NOA1 - Received!

2/8/2006 NSC NOA2 - Approved!

2/10/2006 NSC mails K1 to NVC

2/20/2006 NVC received K1

2/27/2006 NVC Mail K1 to Kiev

3/9/2006 Kiev Receives K1

3/10/2006 FAX'ed appointment letter to Kiev

3/14/2006 Scheduled interview in Kiev

4/10/2006 Appointment in Kiev

4/10/2006 K-1 Visa Received

The great majority of aliens enter into marriage and remain in it for as long as it is necessary with the sole purpose of gaining immigration benefits. Others move out and change their address with the PO, but not with the USCIS right after the USCsubmitting the AOS paperwork, as to make it seem if they're still remaining

That's absolutely dog-gone-dar-garn (or whatever) hilarious!

No seriously.

That really is a good one - I assume you're joking?

Or hold up - I don't know - I won't jump to conclusions - could it be that you've married several thousand people from another country and done a survey? I mean anything is possible, right?

Is it possible that you're taking your own (and other cases , selectively picked because of your own bad times - which I AM sorry you've had to go through) experience and assumed that that scenario applies to "the vast majority" of other foreigners? Surely nobody would be that blinkered... :no:

You know what: I hope you heal well, and properly, and find a wonderful woman to grow old with. Living with this kind of cynicism has got to be bad for the blood pressure.

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

3/3/08 - Check cashed for ROC at CSC...

Feb 2009 - Called USCIS to see what the heck was goin' on...

FEB 20th 2009 - Received email - GC on the way!

I am APPROVED for the 10 year PR Card!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Filed: Timeline

No seriously.

Or hold up - I don't know - I won't jump to conclusions - could it be that you've married several thousand people from another country and done a survey? I mean anything is possible, right?

Is it possible that you're taking your own (and other cases , selectively picked because of your own bad times - which I AM sorry you've had to go through) experience and assumed that that scenario applies to "the vast majority" of other foreigners? Surely nobody would be that blinkered... :no:

You know what: I hope you heal well, and properly, and find a wonderful woman to grow old with. Living with this kind of cynicism has got to be bad for the blood pressure.

sometimes when you get Burned by an immigrant when you went thought this mess

and you loved them with all your heart this just plain hurts. lord knows i crossed that bridge more than enough. my heart goes to the OP and to dave. I hope they can heal. because not all immigrants are shyitts.

shon.gif

Oh, totally shon, I agree - I am just dismayed and rather sad to think that this gentleman is lashing out in this kind of way - it makes me think he must be very sad - and that's no good. Life's going to throw you a ton of rubbish in the years you're standing, and you're not always going to be able to dodge all of it. I guess my view, after being a very sad person myself for a long time, is that it's just better to try to be as flexible in your mind as possible, in the pursuit of true happiness. I don't know if that makes any sense or not! :P

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Oh, totally shon, I agree - I am just dismayed and rather sad to think that this gentleman is lashing out in this kind of way - it makes me think he must be very sad - and that's no good. Life's going to throw you a ton of rubbish in the years you're standing, and you're not always going to be able to dodge all of it. I guess my view, after being a very sad person myself for a long time, is that it's just better to try to be as flexible in your mind as possible, in the pursuit of true happiness. I don't know if that makes any sense or not! :P

Jay Jay so very true.

Sometimes the pain is deeper than what your mind can absorb. Even the most rational open minded person has their breaking point. when I got hurt I considered taking Zolofts- my Dr gave me. then I realized I wont let some man make me become dependant on medication. I snapped out of it. never in my life did I think I would be talking some anti-depressent.

shon.gif

Yup, I totally agree - breaking points I have come across as well - thankfully though, once you hit rock bottom, "there's no way but up" as they say - I had a total nervous breakdown at one point and it rang true for me. Hope it's true for this guy too - you sound as though you were able to bounce back like a basketball, and that's lovely :)(F)

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think that lifestyle is so different in Russia vs. US, that a lot of people over there think money just falls on your pretty head once you cross the border. I come from Russia, but I moved here as a kid, I'll tell you I had the hardest time adjusting. I can imagine that for an adult it is even harder.

Whether they mean to have a "green card marriage" or it just turns that way once they get here it is hard to tell. There are bad people everywhere, but from my experience no one should rash into inter-cultural marriage until you know for a fact that you can actually understand each other’s ways.

I am sorry to disappoint everyone here but 86% of married couples I knew American Russian have divorced within 5 years, only a few keep it together.

Good luck to everyone who is on a long road to each other. Let's hope that road does not become longer once you get here.

I would report suspected fraud to INS, let them decide if they want to become involved. But I am not so sure it is a fraud in this situation, perhaps she needs more attention and is scared of every day routine.

Best of luck!

Eva

(L)

Eva.

I-130 approved in 113 days

NVC Processing

07.11.06 Case number assigned

07.24.06 DS 3032/AOS Bill Generated

07.26.2006 DS 3032 via email

07.28.2006 AOS fee paid and overnighted

07.29.06 NVC confirmed getting choice of agent

07.31.2006 Recieved actual AOS/DS 3032 bill via regular mail

07.31.2006 IV Bill generated

08.05.2006 IV bill recieved

08.11.2006 IV Bill Paid sent by mail

08.26.2006 Finally got Affidavit papers by mail

08.28.2006 Sent Affidavit by mail

ticker.png

ticker.png

7.17.2006 Replied to IMBRA RFE 07.18.2006 Touched ( I guess they recieved RFE) 07.24.2006 Touched

7.26.2006 Touched again 7.28.06 Touched again (they keep sending it to the old address) This case is stuck!

ticker.png

Krassyvaya Photos EVA malahova

I think there should be a class or some counseling session as part of the requirement for people thinking about going through cross cultural marriages. IT's very difficult for someone to live their country, places they are familiar with to move thousand of miles away. When all the Glizty, all the crushes, and the Immigration headache is all said and one, now the real life situation starts. what will keep the marriage is HOW CLOSED are you guys to each other, start with being good friends to your partner, respect each other, I am the USC, we had our rough days, but the friendship and the love that we share for each other, at times when you are fighting Love is the last thing you see in front of you, but once all the confusion, miscommunication is all cleared up, that friendship, that Bond that bring you back together will recandle the romance, and looking back at those fights, you start asking yourself

why did I ask so stupid.

Dear friend, don't be bitter by your experience with your fiancee/wife, Put your faith into God's hand, not all foreigners are there for green card, it just take a lot more hard work to make the marriage work.

Gone but not Forgotten!

No seriously.

Is it possible that you're taking your own (and other cases , selectively picked because of your own bad times - which I AM sorry you've had to go through) experience and assumed that that scenario applies to "the vast majority" of other foreigners? Surely nobody would be that blinkered... no0pb.gif

Oh, totally shon, I agree - I am just dismayed and rather sad to think that this gentleman is lashing out in this kind of way - it makes me think he must be very sad - and that's no good. Life's going to throw you a ton of rubbish in the years you're standing, and you're not always going to be able to dodge all of it. I guess my view, after being a very sad person myself for a long time, is that it's just better to try to be as flexible in your mind as possible, in the pursuit of true happiness. I don't know if that makes any sense or not! tongue.gif

Yup, I totally agree - breaking points I have come across as well - thankfully though, once you hit rock bottom, "there's no way but up" as they say - I had a total nervous breakdown at one point and it rang true for me. Hope it's true for this guy too - you sound as though you were able to bounce back like a basketball, and that's lovely.

Jayjay,

I am not angry, nor bitter towards my immigrant ex-wife for what she put me through, neither am I sad about the whole situation any longer either. What happened is already past history and I've completely healed from it by now.

All of my posts are based on both my personal experience and those of others I have read and/or learned about in the last year or so since I began my journey that have followed the same patterns and actions surrounding their fraudulent marriages and mines, whether coincidentally or not. Just too many similarly different experiences, if you know what I mean.

Just as you used your brother's personal experience to justify and/or defend the OP's statements, so do we all.

Matter of fact, this situation (the OP's) and mine are exactly the same, word by word and action by action.

Back to the original post, instead of the bickering between people, ccdr14 I am truly sorry this has happened to you. Good luck getting this resolved and continue to keep us updated.

Take care,

Jen

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

ccdr14 I'm sorry this has happened to you. I actually laughed out loud when you said that she is claiming that you are a bad husband because you wouldn't let her buy clothes or hygeine products. If thats the case, then my husband is the worst husband ever! I'm pregnant, have no maternity clothes (in fact, I've started wearing HIS clothes now!) and have been using walmart own brand shampoo for practically everything. Its very versatile, don't ya know ;)

Everyone knows that the first year of marriage is the hardest, especially when you throw immigration and not being able to work into the mix. Personally, I'm more than happy to cut coupons, wear his clothes and make sacrifices if it means we have a roof over our head and some ramen noodles to eat!! Its a pity your wife doesn't see things from the same view point. I don't care what sacrifices we have to make, because I know in a few years time we will be that much stronger because of them - financially and as a couple.

I'm no expert, but I'd start a journal documenting all the unreasonable demands she made on you, detailing all the things you did pay to give her a stable home (rent, bills, car, groceries, medical expenses etc) and all the attempts you made to make the marriage work. If you have it all down on paper, you will be able to make a much stronger case to the USCIS and you will have it all that much clearer in your own mind. But most of all, you'll be able to see for yourself that you did everything you could possibly have done in the circumstances.

Not everyone has the same agenda as your (ex)wife. Most of us ARE here for the right reasons. So please don't let this experience stop you from finding genuine happiness in the future.

Jen & David

05/13/04 . . . . Met In London whilst David was stationed in Italy through the US military

05/16/04 - 06/27/04 David Yo-yo's between Italy and the UK and we rack up over $200 in phone calls!

06/28/04 . . . Jen flies to the USA for the first time - Alone!

06/30/04 . . . Jen meets Davids folks for the first time - without David!

07/02/04 . . . David moves back to the Dallas after 6 years of Military Service all over the world

09/28/04 . . . Tearful goodbyes at DFW as Jen flies back to the UK

06/28/05 . . . Jen flies out to DFW to spend her 23rd Birthday with David

08/25/05 . . . David proposes out of the blue with a Gorgeous Zales ring!

10/31/05 . . . Davids divorce is finalized (after over a year of waiting!)

11/08/05 . . . . GORGEOUS WEDDING IN VEGAS!

AOS

01/05/06 . . . AOS Interview - Accepted onto the DORA Program

01/14/06 . . . NOA's received for I-485 and I-130. Not working on the case status system yet though :(

02/23/06 . . . Biometrics Interview letter received

03/15/06 . . . Biometrics Appointment - Completed in Fort Worth

03/17/06 . . . 70 Day Letter

04/06/06 . . . Appointment for EAD - Not allowed because we're approved!

04/16/06. . . .ALL APPROVED!!! WELCOME TO USA LETTER RECEIVED!

04/19/06 . . . GREEN CARD IN HAND! NO MORE USCIS UNTIL 2008!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.