N-o-l-a

Backaches, Bimbos, and Breakups

3,033 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Get back ta work ya lazy grits sucking yokel, whadaya think the roofs are gonna shingle themselves?

The next thread must be called "the non fallopian rant"

oh if you're offering up T-bone to do the roof I need mine done soon. Roof that is and only the roof!

No need we will rant in all of them

So, I called up the one person whom I'm probably the most intimate with in my life. Selene.....

Is that a good thing or do you need a smack upside the head with a frying pan?

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

oh if you're offering up T-bone to do the roof I need mine done soon. Roof that is and only the roof!

No need we will rant in all of them

Is that a good thing or do you need a smack upside the head with a frying pan?

You need Tarklar to help you throw a blue tarp over your house?

And selene is my friend, diver, personal assistant, remember? Not a gf.....

Timeline

You need Tarklar to help you throw a blue tarp over your house?

And selene is my friend, diver, personal assistant, remember? Not a gf.....

Na I don't need a tarp I need a new roof

Heck I haven't slept in years you want me to remember stuff sheesh. That's why I ask if it was a good thing or if you wanted a smack upside the head :rolleyes:

Ok be back shortly bath time for the littles!

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Haven't really talked to them recently, to be honest. i paid back MIL for the plane tickets she paid for for us to initially fly to the US last year so she'd stop holding that over our heads, but that was only a few hundred dollars. Not the 5 grand they wanted. :) Nah, we invested 75% of that money into a trust fund and plan to let it grow for many years. No fancy cell phones for MIL will be bought with that.

Since they not accept the loan proposal I offered to you, you really should stay out of that financial quagmire.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

This whole discusson about cooking and who's doing what at home made me realize, that I'd love to cook, but cooking for 1 person (myself) is no fun, so I practically don't cook.

It's especially no fun if you're used to cooking for a lot of people. Growing up, we typically had no less than 6 people in the house to cook for. At least it makes for lots of leftovers though. :)

July 2011 - Applied for VAWA with I-765 and I-485 with fee waivers - receipt date Aug 4, 2011
August 10th 2011 - Received NOA's for all 3, fee waivers accepted
August 26th 2011 - Received EAD
Early July 2012 - Re-applied for EAD based on pending I-485
Mid July 2012 - Received NOA for 2nd EAD
August 1st 2012 - Received EAD
Silence for a few more months
October 26th 2012 - I-360 approval
November 19th '12 - Case transferred
May 2013 - Received interview notice

June 2013 - Interview (approved)

Permanent resident since June 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Na I don't need a tarp I need a new roof

Heck I haven't slept in years you want me to remember stuff sheesh. That's why I ask if it was a good thing or if you wanted a smack upside the head :rolleyes:

How long does it take to house down the kids?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's especially no fun if you're used to cooking for a lot of people. Growing up, we typically had no less than 6 people in the house to cook for. At least it makes for lots of leftovers though. :)

I kind of prefer to just cook for myself because then I can have whatever I want. When you have to think of two other picky eaters, it does limit your choices somewhat.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Husband is not a happy camper about changes to our health insurance. It's going up because the teachers insurance is being given a break so they don't want to raise their insurance. So ours will go up to pay for theirs, on top of it going up they raised our co pays for medications big time. Raise the monthly rate by another 100, and we have to start paying 1000$ deductible to see a doctor. Then they raised the co pay once you meet that 1k to see the darn doctors too. Bad enough the State has stopped giving them raises so our health insurance goes up and but pay hasn't budged in 5 yrs.

Sure makes Canada more tempting

That just sucks!

I know, right? I set up a 'rescued aunties' group in Dallas, they would always come over to my house on Sundays, stay all day, and cook. They not like to cook for 1, either.

So, if'n you can, try to arrange for impromptu cooking club, with people you know or trust, meet once a week, cook enough for 3 meals per person, set up for left-overs in the fridge.

And it'll make for a nice social gathering too.

July 2011 - Applied for VAWA with I-765 and I-485 with fee waivers - receipt date Aug 4, 2011

You can order from Canadian pharmacies or shop around for a cheaper price. For example in the last 2 months I've paid $3, $15, $18 at 3 different pharmacies for the exact same generic pill script. Same with a different med, two different CVS pharmacies and one charged $25, the other $16.

WTH!!! That sucks! Sounds like a pill my doc prescribed when I didn't have insurance. Without insurance it was ~$100. With insurance? $110. Guess which option I chose.

Man's work in my house. Vacuuming, taking the trash out, fixing things, doing the dishes, cleaning the bathroom, watering the plants, caring for the dogs, eating her food :devil: , massaging wife's sore feet, and here's the big one, making breakfast in bed for my wife on Saturday.

Oh and I pick up after myself. I hate clothes laying around, they belong in the laundry baskets, presorted so laundry is easier. Dishes and glasses used when its not meal time are to be returned to the kitchen and rinsed. Those are the rules I set for myself and expect others to follow, including my wife. She's never complained and was quite happy I was generally a clean house keeper when she arrived. But she takes house cleaning to a whole new level beyond what I do.

I need to exchange you for my hubs. I'm sure Juna won't mind. :D:devil:

is the word "issued" really all that mysterious and puzzling? :rolleyes:

Yes. You have to remember, it contains the word "issue," which is ALWAYS a bad thing. :devil:

nuh uh you better contact your congressperson and see if they can get this "issued" status reversed - some have posted that it actually means you've been denied!

TRUE!!!

yeah, bad cary! :P

i have some leftover screwpine leaves so i am making nasi lemak today:

nasi-lemak.jpg

Oh gosh yes!!! What is this? And how soon can I get in into my MOUTHHHHHHHH????

I kind of prefer to just cook for myself because then I can have whatever I want. When you have to think of two other picky eaters, it does limit your choices somewhat.

I can imagine... I may the new picky eater in my house soon. Between thyroid/autoimmune/allergy issues I need to get fixed. Problem is, I really dislike cooking different things for different people.

Problem is, I really dislike cooking different things for different people.

My Mommy always says "If you don't like my cook food, go outside and buy your own".

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

God, i just can't keep up with you people :(

Hubs bought a used Honda Civic yesterday, so car problems are resolved. Aside from that, not too much exciting stuff in my life.

Yay!!!

Well, let's put it this way. A decent monthly income for a family of four is about 500$. Granted, you're not gonna be living in the lap of luxury, but it will definitely get you by.

A new car, so my younger BIL could make it a taxi and have income. As though finding a job on his own is too much to ask for.

Yeah, no... Good on you guys for sticking together on that though. It can be hard sometimes with family pressure.

Edited by believe

So, I called up the one person whom I'm probably the most intimate with in my life. Selene.....

Who is she? What is she? Do we need to come up there?

Ok, being serious now. You sound sad Steve. What's wrong? You don't read like your normal firecracker self.

Already? :)

My Mommy always says "If you don't like my cook food, go outside and buy your own".

Same here! Except, my mum wouldn't even give you the chance to go out and buy your own. :D It was, eat or go to bed hungry.

Timeline

How long does it take to house down the kids?

You would not believe how long tat takes :clock:

I'm the picky eater here so I'm pretty good at making food that most of us eat, the others well they fend for themselves.

Already? :)

Same here! Except, my mum wouldn't even give you the chance to go out and buy your own. :D It was, eat or go to bed hungry.

Yuppers we are a house of 8 need to space out bath times.

My parents never made more then one meal but there was always something that was liked, whether it was left overs or just part of what they made.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09