KennMario

Visa K-1 Approved! Medical & Interview Experience

13 posts in this topic

Hello! I just got out the Interview in Ciudad Juarez for visa k-1

We are a gay couple that submitted form I-129 this February!

Medical:

I stayed in Quality Inn (a good place and comfortable), everything is in the same block so you dont have to take bus or taxis.

I went to the brown clinic ( Clinica medica International) , everything was easy!

first they received your passport+invitation letter + interview confirmation page and give you a number and you have to wait in line so they take your information and a picture for medical results.

then they make you go to the other building of the same clinic and do the visual test. bring your glasses since they do the test with and without glasses, Then they take blood sample and make you wait again.(about 5 minutes, depends on how many people is there). they take you to a room and ask you to undress while the doctor comes back, I was checked blood pressure , height, weight, asked about drugs or tattoos ( I said no since I dont have any and never tried drugs), then she asked me to dress except shirt and made me go to other room where they take you chest X-ray. after that they make you go to wait again for vaccines (since this was K-1 they asked me to go pay for it inside the same building. and thats it

they ask you to go for results after 3 or 4 hours that same day. It took about hour and half or 2 hours(They were only a few persons)

Then for Fingerprint at ASC :

I went to ASC with invitation letter + appoinment confirmation and form 160 confirmation barcode.

They only let in people that has the interview that day and that time, you can go 30 min before because sometimes they go faster and let in more people

it took me about 20 minutes, it was really simple.

for interview:

I went to the waiting room at 6:40 and there were people in line to get documents checked, they will stamp your invitation letter with a number and ask you to wait...

once they call your number they make you go to the consulate . Once inside they check what you bring with you, they WONT let you in if you have Cellphones, electronic devices, etcetc. and they ask you to leave those things in your hotel room or in the waiting room there are lockers.

they ask you to go building inside the consulate, they werent taking turns with numbers anymore, it was in the order you were getting in the building, first they check your documents, birth certificate, forms, pictures, etc..

then they asked me to wait, and called my name to check the visa fee, since I made it online they just told me everything was ok and asked me to wait in line again for the interview, it took about an hour to get my interview and I was so nervous!

He asked a few questions, how we met, when, how many times we have met in person, how many times I have been in USA, drugs or jail, etc

after that he told me my visa has been approved and gave me a green paper with instructions for the DHL.

and thats it! it took total 3 hours and a half.

I was so happy and called my fiance that they approved my visa ! Happy birthday to him! and happy visa approval!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Congrats and all the best to the next leg of your immigration journey! Cheers! :dancing:

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

CONGRATS!

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.