3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
3 hours ago, dannyrocks said:

Hello guys!! I need your help. I might be starting my NVC processing soon but there's one little issue bothering me.  The place of birth in my passport is different from the one on my birth certificate, Although it's same country but it's a different state. Does it really matter since its the same country? Or do I have to make a correction with a new birth certificate knowing I have used the current birth certificate for uscis processing?  

Please guys I would appreciate your help 

It doesn't matter if it is the same country. Millions of people born in a country. So, there could be thousands of Danny Rocks. So, Danny Rocks born in State A is obviously not the same Danny Rocks born in State B. I would definitely change it, but others can weigh in. 

Better ask on another thread and let others advice you. Plus also seek a good immigration attorney for advice. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

It doesn't matter if it is the same country. Millions of people born in a country. So, there could be thousands of Danny Rocks. So, Danny Rocks born in State A is obviously not the same Danny Rocks born in State B. I would definitely change it, but others can weigh in. 

Better ask on another thread and let others advice you. Plus also seek a good immigration attorney for advice. 

so I should change my place of birth on the birth certificate right? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, dannyrocks said:

so I should change my place of birth on the birth certificate right? 

I can't advise as you should ask on other thread or create one. But from my experiences, you should. Now when, that's a question.

My fathers name had a mistake while he applied for a passport. It's a minor mistake as he had to remove MD from his name, so MD First_Name Last_Name which was in passport became First_Name Last_Name as was in Birth Certificate, during petition, during NVC process, in marriage, everywhere. But when he received interview letter from embassy, they addressed him as MD First_Name Last_Name. We inquired and embassy clarified that whatever is in the passport, his green card will be issued as such even though the petition was done with First_Name Last_Name. So, we changed his passport and Green Card was issued as First_Name Last_Name. 

(MD short for Mohammad which is something people put before every name, so in a way it is kind of like a title)

Now, your case is different as you are saying your birth certificate is wrong and you petitioned with it. Now, there is two options but these are my opinion. You can stick with what you have and let NVC/Embassy decide. Or you can change and make it same in all documents.

But then I don't know how that will affect because the biggest question is: What state you gave as your place of birth when you filled the petition? The one on your Birth Certificate that you sent to USCIS or the one in Passport which is different from Birth Certificate but someone how USCIS didn't care and approved your petition with the discrepancies. In such cases, I guess you should be fine without changing it and wait for NVC/Embassy.  

Edited by zaback21

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eva75 said:

Hi...I'm new here...Just checked-130  processing time and I noticed that it jumped back from Oct.29 2015 to August 6 in the fastest approved case....It's so annoying

Yes, in June the slowest date was in August. Now at the end of Nov it has gone back to May. From 58 to 67 months. It has gone back 9 months. USCIS seems to have no interest to approve any petition at all. It may get dire in coming months/years. Unless there is a change in administration, priority date may go to 4 years or less since lack of people to give visa to when people are not getting approved, but petition approval may hit 6-7 years for California and Vermont may hit 10 soon. Lets hope, that's not the case. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ankit Goyal said:

Hi all,

Its Good morning here in India.

Just to keep you updated..

F2B category- PD October 2013, i-130 application has been approved by USCIS on 27th November 2019.

Regards,

Ankit

Congratulations. Which service center  ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.