unsmiley

Obama is worst president since WWII, nationwide poll finds

61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Further proof that you don't read. Noone here has done any of this.

There was a question as to whether the poll was representative of the populace. Having done a fair few surveys myself, that's not an unreasonable question and anyone who does this kind of work will freely admit the limitations of their data collection (because there will always be limitations).

If you do not think challenging the statistics (% of racial makeup) of the poll is questioning the poll's methodology, you are even less informed than I thought. Yet you question MY reading ability. And your personal attack is reported.

If you do not think challenging the statistics (% of racial makeup) of the poll is questioning the poll's methodology, you are even less informed than I thought. Yet you question MY reading ability. And your personal attack is reported.

It just can't be true Auntie M, tell me please tell me, everyone loves OBAMA. All that IRS, Benghazi, cluster in the middle east is just right wing racist bias.

LOL The Obmanites are stunned. The poll must be wrong, it's Bush's fault, it's racism.. It just can't be Mr. Hope and Change

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's entirely reasonable to question whether the poll is representative of the general public. Race would be one such thing - but so too would be factors like:

Age.

Gender.

Socio-economic Group.

Political Affiliation.

If someone had said - it's all bull$hit. That would be challenging it. Has anyone done this?

It just can't be true Auntie M, tell me please tell me, everyone loves OBAMA. All that IRS, Benghazi, cluster in the middle east is just right wing racist bias.

LOL The Obmanites are stunned. The poll must be wrong, it's Bush's fault, it's racism.. It just can't be Mr. Hope and Change

Presumably this isn't trolling either.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Definitely true, too. It's a close call between him and Carter.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

What can we read into this? Not very much. I would be more interested in how people arrive at their 'best' 'worst' decisions. I am not sure what criteria are being used, and normally there is a measure of what constitutes being 'good' or 'bad', but all the rhetoric I read about Obama being bad is that he has pushed through some of his yes, somewhat vague campaign promises because the house and senate is currently refusing to participate in the law making process. That I think is more of a scandal but no, Obama has to be the focus of everything, because that's how US politics is. Polarizing and more or less dysfunctional.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

(Moderator hat on)

Let's please make our points without taking personal digs at other participants. The digs detract from what's otherwise a pretty good discussion, and for anyone to be thread-banned would be a shame. In addition, please keep the language clean. Thanks for your awareness.

(Mod hat off)

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: I don't know.

In HS I remember that Wilson was my fave president, but I can't remember why. He was an intellectual peacenik and general smarty pants. Looking now he did some important domestic reforms.

And of all time? Idk. Probably not. But I don't know enough about the needs of America year by year and who was best or least able to help.

Wilson allowed in the private federal reserve. A mistake in my mind. League of Nations wasn't a bad idea though.

Teddy Roosevelt is pretty much my hero. May not have been the best president, but he was certainly the coolest and did lots of stuff. Republicans wouldn't like him though. He had to deal with a congress that hated him, so he just used executive orders when possible. Promoted American power abroad, created the national parks system, went after trusts and monopolies. What a guy. I'm a fan.

and what is the percentage of white in the usa?

Please don't trouble folks here for details that take away from their supposedly valid arguments. That is not allowed. Might even get you in trouble with the mods...

I would hope that you would be able to supply that information on your own.

ETA: It's certainly not 73%.

Unless you use 2010 data, which seems to the the most recent & complete group of statistics...

"Whites (including Hispanics who identified as white) constitute the majority, with a total of 223,553,265, or 72.4% of the population"

I prefer the League of Justice.

justice-league-small.jpg

I +1 you, but I'm a Marvel guy. The ONLY reason you got it was because of Batman.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Wilson allowed in the private federal reserve. A mistake in my mind. League of Nations wasn't a bad idea though.

Teddy Roosevelt is pretty much my hero. May not have been the best president, but he was certainly the coolest and did lots of stuff. Republicans wouldn't like him though. He had to deal with a congress that hated him, so he just used executive orders when possible. Promoted American power abroad, created the national parks system, went after trusts and monopolies. What a guy. I'm a fan.

I have some libertarian leanings, but I don't see how any country can operate without a central bank in the 20th and 21st centuries.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Timeline

I have some libertarian leanings, but I don't see how any country can operate without a central bank in the 20th and 21st centuries.

A little too dangerous in private hands IMO. These guys directly control the value of the American dollar and therefore most of the worlds economy. The us government is basically a slave to the fed at this point. What keeps them in check?

Filed: Timeline

A little too dangerous in private hands IMO. These guys directly control the value of the American dollar and therefore most of the worlds economy. The us government is basically a slave to the fed at this point. What keeps them in check?

They are appointed by the President. His/Her appointees must be approved by Congress. In theory, the government can select any direct for the Reserve to operate in. For instance, had Romney been elected we may have someone who wanted to raise interest rates and cut down on QE.

I admit though that the last 3 chair people have pretty much all followed the same course.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Timeline

They are appointed by the President. His/Her appointees must be approved by Congress. In theory, the government can select any direct for the Reserve to operate in. For instance, had Romney been elected we may have someone who wanted to raise interest rates and cut down on QE.

I admit though that the last 3 chair people have pretty much all followed the same course.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I don't think the presidents have much say on who they appoint if you know what I mean.

This thread is about Obama tanking and sucking. You all now I think all that stay on topic stuff is overblown, but when we bashing the Big O I would appreciate some respect .