aloe333

HELP ME!!!!! (Fiance visa w/o meeting for 2 years or Visitor visa?)

30 posts in this topic

LOL okay you are the petitioner. I get it. So you mean you still got approved by USCIS even though you didn't meet and now you are waiting to schedule an interview for K1? Or you mean waiting fr interview for visitor visa.

Sorry OP we have got off track with your situation.

It says right there:

I had the problem, but I went there anyway.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It says right there:

Pardon me. Sorry. I see now. Okay back to the OP. Thank Fan_Dancer.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No problem, sorry if I came across as snappy.

The OP really has no other choice but to meet him in person. Their issues will never grant them a waiver.

Oh no not at all (see I should have put up my happy face) :goofy: . I didn't read it and I so believe in clarity I do get noodle headed from time to time. LOL :bonk:

and agree no waiver don't see it.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok am I right in understand you have only been talking for 5 months and have never met in person ???

How is someone you never met in person even ur fiance ??

No offense but you dont truly know someone until u spend time with them..

Yoy can not get past the two year requirement except for region reasons .

My opinion would be give it atleast a year before you apply for the k1. And meet up atleast twice before then.

Even if u went to the us now and got married on a visitor visa you still don't know each other well which may cause questions. Also they do not like ppl taking this route.

Sorry suppose to say religious reasons

my thoughts for you sir is that you hold up on the engagement. It's only 5 months and it's an online thing, try to get to know your fiancé face to face. Take some time out and travel to her country if it's hard for her to travel to meet you. I don't think you will get a visa without meeting at least once anyway. And I don't think getting a waiver base on hardship is the best policy for your case of only dating for

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Getting approved without meeting is not going to happen.

Getting the requirement of having met waived is not going to happen.

Getting a tourist visa is not going to happen unless you want to give that a try and potentially waste time and money.

I suggest you all scrape money for a ticket together, ask Auntie to pitch in a bit, meet and do a K1 if you love each other.

There are no short cuts and you have to follow the beaten path like the rest of us poor suckers.

While you are saving for a ticket build your relationship a little longer.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry. It IS a very confusing situation.

Originally filed w/o meeting in person and submitting all the medical info.

Petition denied.

I just went there anyway without checking with the DR. USCIS asked for all the proof to be submitted with the appeal.

All that took 5 months, and the appeal was dismissed, because I filed BEFORE we met in person.

They said our case was unprecedented and they don't file on unprecedented cases.

They said to RE-file, using the proof from that trip.

I did, and they approved it in 49 days.

So what I'm trying to say is, I had what I thought was good medical evidence to circumvent the meet in person rule, but it doesn't matter.

They are very strict about adhering to the rule. You MUST meet in person.

"Coming up with a good reason for requirement to meet fiancé is extreme hardship to you." You need to "come up" with one? It's not real if you need to make one up?

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Timeline

Why not pay for your fiancee's trip to the philippines? If you don't have strong ties to the Philippines, like assets and properties or business, then don't risk applying for a tourist visa. Take time and get to know her more. If it is true love, it will find your way. No rush.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Dear Aloe333,

I am happy for you that you found love and that you’re now engaged.

Sadly, getting together with your fiancé is not going to be a walk in the park. Like everyone here, you should follow the rules. And may I add, it’s a lengthy, painstaking process and needless to say, depressing as you walk through this journey whilst being thousands of kilometres away from your loved one.

I echo the thoughts and advice of everyone on this thread. I certainly believe that your chances of being granted a fiancée visa is nil—unfortunately. No excuse - you really need to meet in person. Full stop.

As for the other option “visitor’s visa”, there is NO HARM in tying to apply; provided you can convince the US immigration that you’re going back to the Philippines after your visit.

It may be very difficult to get a visitor’s visa. As unfortunate as it is, however, this should NOT discourage you from visiting your fiancé in the US.

And just because the Philippines is known as a high-fraud country does not automatically mean you will not be granted a tourist visa. Again, please don’t be discouraged.

On the subject of fraud, there are quite a number of posts here regarding the Philippines listed as “high-fraud” country.

I am by no means denying this claim as being untrue, but please, not ALL Filipinos are scammers.

Please know that my intention is not to offend anyone here. But it just seems that everyone has a pre-conceived notion that Filipinos are marrying an American citizen for his/her "green card" and not for love.

I am a Filipina/European but I consider myself more of a Filipina than European. I certainly feel bad for my good-hearted and true fellow Filipinos who are being badly affected by this.

Aloe333 and to all Filipinos out there on this journey, you have got to stand up - this is your chance to prove that what people say about Filipinos is wrong.

And to those scammers – whether you’re a Filipino, black, white, yellow or whatever race you have, please just think of the "Karma Kickback".

Peace,

S. & B.

well the thing is i just foudn this forum and i just thought id post something and people might see it and try to help me understand...

the thing ive been dating someone online and and its just this january of this year...

and since done quite an amount of research,i think getting a fiance visa would just get me denied since we havent met yet...

if theres anyone who has had the same experience and got accepted?(me and fiance only talked for 5 months now)

i do get to talk to her mom everyday and her(my fiance) too which is good..and they are in favor..

now the thing is my aunt from london is gonna help us since my fiance's family isnt rich and doesnt have that much money to help me get what i need...

and now it all comes down to which i should get which wont get denied at all..since im just asking my aunt..and if i do get denied ill be sure not to expect any help from her anymore....T____T

so my plan is this...

if i could come up of a good reason for "requirement to meet with your fiance would mean extreme hardship to you..

and im thinking that my aunt might know someone that could help us build our case as in a fiance visa lawyer of somesort(been being brought to their web sites every time i start a research so yeah...

or

get a visitor visa and get married after 60 days(got that from one of the sites i read on) so as that it wouldnt look like a "sham" (their own words) to get a green card.

and get back to my country anyways and get a fiance visa with picture and reciepts,plan ticket and all other evidences ive learned from this site..

please please please i need some help...im so confused as to what to ask from my aunt..she is fully supportive of my decision though..and im from the philippines if that helps too....

thank you so much for readin my long boring explination...

good luck to everyone as well...

Timeline

well the thing is she cant travel casue of her (minor autism...well she wont discuss it to me in full detail...)but as her mom says she is not very good with dicision making ...i already talked to her mom countless of times and trying to plan everything ...and she says she can come up with medical certificates that could prove of her inability to travel...i myself have already sent an engagement ring..and she's about to send me a couple of stuff including my engagement ring(though it was cancelled due to their not having enough money to pay for the carrier)..

anyways if thats the case i guess il try to convince my aunt to just help me get a visitor visa instead and take picture and reciepts,plan ticket and all other evidences ive learned from this site...

i would try to update my profile here as so i can get to learn more from you guys...

and please dont be offended by my childish post of asking for help...i myself suffer from extreme depression like her...well she might be lying..but i guess she the last hope i have to have a future..and no im not talking about (financially but as a life)...i mean one of my options is sending her enough money to get herself a passport and visa and just have her as a TNT..though that would be quite problematic in all sense since she might not be used to the weather here and if she gets sick ..its too expensive to get her hospitalized...

though im still counting on my 2nd plan which is getting a visitor visa and scrapping up as much evidence as i can so as to build our case in getting a fiance visa or if i can get married with her a spousal visa.....

and it is sorta helpful that theres a forum like this..though i might need to learn more like the update thingys and such....

well the thing is she cant travel casue of her (minor autism...well she wont discuss it to me in full detail...)but as her mom says she is not very good with dicision making ...i already talked to her mom countless of times and trying to plan everything ...and she says she can come up with medical certificates that could prove of her inability to travel...i myself have already sent an engagement ring..and she's about to send me a couple of stuff including my engagement ring(though it was cancelled due to their not having enough money to pay for the carrier)..

anyways if thats the case i guess il try to convince my aunt to just help me get a visitor visa instead and take picture and reciepts,plan ticket and all other evidences ive learned from this site...

i would try to update my profile here as so i can get to learn more from you guys...

and please dont be offended by my childish post of asking for help...i myself suffer from extreme depression like her...well she might be lying..but i guess she the last hope i have to have a future..and no im not talking about (financially but as a life)...i mean one of my options is sending her enough money to get herself a passport and visa and just have her as a TNT..though that would be quite problematic in all sense since she might not be used to the weather here and if she gets sick ..its too expensive to get her hospitalized...

though im still counting on my 2nd plan which is getting a visitor visa and scrapping up as much evidence as i can so as to build our case in getting a fiance visa or if i can get married with her a spousal visa.....

and it is sorta helpful that theres a forum like this..though i might need to learn more like the update thingys and such....

First of all, don't apologize for asking for help. This website exists to help others, and although sometimes the reality is harsh, it can stand to benefit you in the long run. I hope you're able to obtain a visitor's visa. I think you have a shot at it, just make sure you show ties to your home country. You really need to meet this girl, not only to satisfy the requirements for the K-1, but also because this is the girl you want to marry and make a lifetime commitment to. Having chemistry on the internet and having chemistry in person can be two totally different things, and you need to know that you work well together in person before you jump into marriage. I wish you luck.

October 2007- Became friends gaming onlineJanuary 16, 2009- Met in person in UKDecember 25, 2011- Ten visits later, engaged!February 24, 2012- I-129F SentFebruary 29, 2012- NOA 1 ReceivedJuly 13, 2012- RFE email sad.pngJuly 20, 2012-RFE response mailed to CSCJuly 24, 2012-RFE response reviewJuly 26, 2012-NOA2!!!!July 30, 2012-NOA2 Hardcopy ReceivedAugust 3, 2012-NVC received case and forwarded to LondonAugust 6, 2012-Case received by LondonAugust 13, 2012-Packet 3 sent out by consulateAugust 15, 2012-Packet 3 receivedAugust 23, 2012-Mailed affidavit and original forms to Rob via express mailAugust 30, 2012-MedicalSeptember 3, 2012-Packet 3 sent to embassy with DS-2001September 4, 2012-Packet 3 and DS-2001 arrive in LondonSeptember 26, 2012-Packet 4 receivedOctober 11, 2012- lnterview- Result: APPROVEDOctober 18, 2012-Visa in handNovember 15, 2012- POE-ORDNovember 21, 2012- Legal wedding!!November 30, 2012- Applied for SSNDecember 7, 2012- SSN card came in mailDecember 20, 2012- AOS/EAD/AP sent outDecember 27, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP Text/email confirmationDecember 31, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 received in mailJanuary 22, 2013-Biometrics appointmentFebruary 15, 2013- EAD/AP approvedFebruary 27, 2013- EAD/AP card arrived in mailApril 6, 2013- Big family wedding!!August 12, 2013-AOS text/email- APPROVED!! <p>May 16, 2015- ROC package sent to CSC August 15, 2015- ROC Approved!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, now I'm confused. :bonk:

Who is the US citizen here? You or her?

Edited by apple21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The OP is the intending immigrant. It appears there are mental issues with the USC as well as financial issues. If the USC can't afford a passport ($75 I believe) then how can they sponsor you for a visa? If it is autism that prevents them from traveling why can't mom come with them?

Good luck to you. You have to meet somewhere or else have very strong evidence that she can't travel and you can't get a tourist visa. Letters from her medical provider stating she is unable to travel anywhere outside of the US and why she can't and at least two denials for a tourist visa for you. After you have this you can attempt to file the waiver.

Also make sure the financial requirements can be met. The petitioner has to have an income of at least 125% of the poverty level for their household plus you or they must have a sponsor who meets the requirements.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.