k1 visa 221g (split and merged topic)

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Here's a re-establish Domicile checklist you can use. You obviously need more. Don't know if she maintained a domicile or is re-establishing you need to look carefully and get what you can together to convince immigration she has a domicile setup in US.

NAME

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

Form I-864

Part 4, Question 5: Country of Domicile

I, XXXX, am currently residing in FOREIGN COUNTRY with my spouse, SPOUSE'S NAME. Below you will find a list of attached documents to show that my principle residence is in the US and the steps that I have taken to return to the US with my family.

Steps I have taken to maintain US Domicile:

• Maintained my XXXX voter registration

• Maintained my XXXX credit card registered in the US with a US PO box

• Maintained my bank account at the XXXX Credit Union

• Maintained my bank account at XXXX Bank

• Maintained my XXXX drivers license

• Maintained my US retirement fund through XXXX

• Maintained my US investment account with XXXX

• Maintained my US PO box

• Maintained licensure by the XXXX

• Maintained membership in the XXXX

• Maintained my automobile in care of my parents

Supporting Documents for the above steps I have taken:

• Voter registration card showing permanent US address

• XXXX credit card statement showing US billing address

• XXXX Credit Union statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX Bank statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX drivers license showing permanent US address

• Retirement fund statement showing permanent US address

• Mutual fund statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX license currently up to date

• Renewal of XXXX membership

• County tax bill showing I still own a vehicle

Steps I have taken to return to the US to take up residence:

• Made arrangements for us to have a house to live in

• Contacted schools for requirements of things to bring to register my children in school

• Contacted my auto insurance company to find out about re-instating my insurance on my car

• Contacted shipping company for estimate of costs to ship belongings

Supporting documents for the above steps I have taken:

• Lease agreement for our house

• Email from schools regarding registration requirements

• Email from my former auto insurance company regarding my inquiry

• Email from XXXX with estimate and correspondence regarding shipping our belongings

I declare that I intend in good faith to re-establish my domicile in the United States no later than the date of spouse's admission into the US.

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the statements in this letter and all accompanying evidence are true and correct.

Signature: ____________________________________________________ Date: ______________________

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Then she needs to show them she resides there, by showing proof of where she lives, a job, etc.

She should come on this website for more help, if she does not understand. I think some things are getting lost in translation. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline

Ok,i really apreachiate ur answers,thanks a lot, when she went back with our son,then she got some papers ready to send the embassy for the domicile ,and the birthcertificate of our son that they asked and more proof of our relationship and we sent them:

1- Their plane tickets of going back to the united states.

2- Papers of the new cell phone number she opened there.

3- A gas bill on her name.

4- Like 3 job aplications she made there when she just went back.

Those documents were for the domicile,plus we sent the embassy even son s birthcertificate and over 50 pictures for more proof of our relationship.

And less than a month after we sent the documents,we get another refusal 221g saying :

the petitioner s domicile was not suficient,we need more proof of domicile.....

And then after like a month and something we sent other documents that include:

1-An agreement with the landlord for the lease,my fiance both with her mom,with adresse and everything on it.

2-Bank account papers.

3- Our son s vaccines papers that he did when he got back.

This is what we sent after we got the second 221g,now it s been over 3 weeks and no answer.

Do u think we sent enough evidence for my fiance s domicile,to be honest i ve gotten so stressed out by reading and reading over the internet about the 221g,and i ve gotten really worried cuz of people sayin they just let ur case expire and stuff like that,but as i know ,the case expires when u don t answer them within a year with what they have asked,it doesn t expire while i ve already sent them what they need,right?

Thank u one more time to everybody for ur time.god bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Try to relax and give them time to review the info... Seems like you provided good domicile info... As long as they are asking for info, then they are still considering... Can't do anything but wait and see...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline

Thanks a lot for ur good words,i m very stressed out but deep in my heart i know i m gonna get the visa cuz our relationship is real and pure love,miss my lil family so much man and that s what makes it even harder,it s been over 4 months away from each other now,and it s not easy to be apart from son and fiance.thnx again sir

Try to relax and give them time to review the info... Seems like you provided good domicile info... As long as they are asking for info, then they are still considering... Can't do anything but wait and see...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI ,i m new to writting on here,me and my fiance met through internet around 5 yrs ago,we felt in love,we was chating and talking on phone and talking on video messenger almost every day for 2 years until she came to me to meet in person.We really love each other and then she lived here with me for over 8 months and she got pregnant,she went back and it was so hard to be apart,then a few months later she gave birth to our son.She stayed on the usa for almost a year,very hard,i met my son for the first time when he was 6 months old,when my fiance came back to me we applied for k1 visa ,and we decided that she and our son had 2 stay here with me till i get my visa and we go back as a family all together on the united states,she stayed here for over a year.When i had my interview everything went good,i had a lot of pics with me from the first time she was here and the second time,present time,over 50 picture,plus we had phone records that my fiance got from her phone company,a letter she wrotte to me before we met in person,ect.But i got a refusal under 221g for more proof of our relationship,a new birthcertificate of our son,and my fiance to be domicile in the usa.She went back with our son to the usa,and then we sent to the embassy,son s bcertificate,more pics for our relationshhip over 50 again,and proof for domicile we sent plane tickets of them going back,a new phone number she opened on america,she applied for job.ect.Then after like 3 weeks i get another 221g saying the petitioner s domicile was not suficient,we need more proof....

Now it s been over 20 days that we sent the embassy proof of domicile,our son s vacines he had there ,and my fiance opened a bank account,and we sent even an agreement with the landlord for the lease,my fiance both with her mom.Now we been waiting for an answer ,and nothing yet,i don t know,it s a lot of stress,and we miss each other so much,really really hard.Please i need to know is the refusal 221 g a bad thing or it s just normal.

PLEASE i apreachiate every answer u give thanks a lot

dont ever quit as long as the USCIS is giving you opportunities to rectify the situation. good luck1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I moved your post to the Administrative Processes(221g) forum because that is what your topic is about.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I know how you feel , but at least you know why you are in ap, I am on ap without get 221g or anything.

I have 2 months on ap without know why.

I am sure your case will be ready soon, they want to be sure that she lives at usa and have a domicile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.