1,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

This is all so confusing. I see whole bunch of April filers who received their NOA2 already, and they were not expedited. What are these hill billies doing?

This is all so confusing. I see whole bunch of April filers who received their NOA2 already, and they were not expedited. What are these hill billies doing?

Those are all CSC. Please look at the Service Centers. This thread is talking only about TSC people.

Edit: The lone exceptions were Philippines expeditions.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Who from April? As far as I know, only one at tsc has actually, randomly gotten her noa2. And as far as you guys getting approved in November? That'd better not be the case. Cuz that'll mean I'm December, and 8 months is unacceptable. I'm hoping this admission of being "5.5" (though now it's more like nearly 7) months behind means files will be transferred. If they transfer half the files to CSC (over 5000) they can easily get them approved in two months if put before current CSC filers, only causing them to be finishing theirs at around 3 months which is still really fast. Seriously, it's not rocket science. Just transfer people...

Edited by Julie+Matt

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hillbillies? Nice.

Perhaps you should do a little more digging before tossing around insults. Anyway, I took the 3 minutes, required to find out the details, out of my day to help you out a bit.

Of the 22 April TSC filers approved on Igor's list:

- ONLY 2 are legitimate TSC non-expedited filers. (1 is questionable)

- 4 were expedited due to the typhoon in the Philippines

- 14 are actually CSC filers who incorrectly filled out their timelines

- 2 are unknown because they can't be found. What do you give me for odds they were actually CSC or Philippine filers?

So there ya have it from your friendly hillbilly who hails from the 14th largest economy in the world (Texas), which by the way, would be rather difficult for a bunch of hillbillies to accomplish so no offense taken :)

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Timeline

Who from April? As far as I know, only one at tsc has actually, randomly gotten her noa2. And as far as you guys getting approved in November? That'd better not be the case. Cuz that'll mean I'm December, and 8 months is unacceptable. I'm hoping this admission of being "5.5" (though now it's more like nearly 7) months behind means files will be transferred. If they transfer half the files to CSC (over 5000) they can easily get them approved in two months if put before current CSC filers, only causing them to be finishing theirs at around 3 months which is still really fast. Seriously, it's not rocket science. Just transfer people...

Although I agree with you in principle, I don't think it is that easy. We really don't know what is going on behind closed doors or what marching orders TSC has received from above in order to make a blanket statement regarding their issues. I would love to see transfers happen to help balance the load but a few things that may prevent this are:

- CSC is pushing their own I-129f's in order to start working on DACA renewals coming due soon. This will (should) slow CSC processing down considerably in the not too distant future.

- TSC has a much larger backlog of I-130's they are working on. They have been given their priorities and I-129f's aren't one of them unfortunately.

- There is a huge "humanitarian crisis" (a bunch of immigrants from down south) ongoing and getting worse. I am guessing they will occupy a great deal USCIS's time for the unforeseeable future.

So for those (not you in particular) that like to blame a particular region of the country or the people that reside there, consider the fact that it is a government agency receiving orders from a higher authority and they do what they can with what they have given the current priorities. They also received all of VSC's petitions (so I guess the northeast didn't represent very well after all :) ) last year which doubled their workload.

Bottom line is, I don't like the situation any more than the rest of you, but the problems are pretty obvious to all of us armchair quarterbacks and without knowing the facts behind those closed doors, we are just that...armchair quarterbacks.

Let's hope something changes for the better and soon....cheers.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

event.png

Filed: Timeline

USCIS is funded mainly by fees, so I feel entirely justified in saying they should be accountable to those who pay the fees.

If it was primarily funded, rather than supplemented, by the government then I might feel different. Very little infuriates me more than government agencies being allowed to get the best out of capitalism without having to play by capitalist rules. But I suppose that is a huge rant and this isn't the place for it.

Timeline

USCIS is funded mainly by fees, so I feel entirely justified in saying they should be accountable to those who pay the fees.

Agree 100%

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

If it was primarily funded, rather than supplemented, by the government then I might feel different. Very little infuriates me more than government agencies being allowed to get the best out of capitalism without having to play by capitalist rules. But I suppose that is a huge rant and this isn't the place for it.

As much as I agree with this, the fact remains that this will likely not change.

If you look at the USCIS as a company that wants revenue then they have absolutely no reason to have good or even decent customer service. With almost any other company, you have to get customers to choose you and stay with you. When it comes to the USCIS, their "customers" don't just randomly decide they want their "product" nor do we have any other choice in who we go to.

The way they probably see it is, no matter how bad they handle things. What are we going to do? Break off our engagements in protests and only worsen our own situations?

We're helpless, we can complain all we want and it may have some effect on it in the long term. But most likely just because they get tired of the complaining and not because they want to provide better customer service.

February 15th - sent package to Dallas. Took a long time to get to Dallas because of weather conditions and delays.

March 3rd - NOA1.

March 5th - Received alien registration number.

August 21st- NOA2.
September 8th - NVC received package and assigned case #
September 11th - Embassy received package.
September 16th - Received Packet 3.
September 17th - Sent packet 3 back.
September 23rd - Received packet 4.
October 14th - Medical.
October 21st - Interview. - Interview approved, visa granted!

November 1st - Moving to the U.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hillbillies? Nice.

Perhaps you should do a little more digging before tossing around insults. Anyway, I took the 3 minutes, required to find out the details, out of my day to help you out a bit.

Of the 22 April TSC filers approved on Igor's list:

- ONLY 2 are legitimate TSC non-expedited filers. (1 is questionable)

- 4 were expedited due to the typhoon in the Philippines

- 14 are actually CSC filers who incorrectly filled out their timelines

- 2 are unknown because they can't be found. What do you give me for odds they were actually CSC or Philippine filers?

So there ya have it from your friendly hillbilly who hails from the 14th largest economy in the world (Texas), which by the way, would be rather difficult for a bunch of hillbillies to accomplish so no offense taken :)

I saw the timeline for one of the TSC April threads and most of the people on there got their NOA2s within three months. My eyeballs almost popped out when I saw it. When I find the thread I'll post it here.

Also, I'm not sure why you're taking offense when I am talking about people at TSC who are making my life more miserable than need be. Are you in such a place? If not, why are you interjecting as if you were? Plus, if didn't take offense as said, you would not put justification to indicate otherwise in your sarcastic tone.

By the way, Igor's list is outdated and best way you can get the latest trend is by reading the threads. So, unless you took the time to read what's going on with rest of the filings, you're making assumptions from stale data. I suggest taking more than three minututes look before coming to an assumption.

Lastly, if you think these "hillbillies" at TSC is doing a such a great job of moving these petitions out, go ahead and let us tell us how and why. I'm sure you're happy with waiting around for a year or more, but rest of us are not.

Timeline

I saw the timeline for one of the TSC April threads and most of the people on there got their NOA2s within three months. My eyeballs almost popped out when I saw it. When I find the thread I'll post it here.

Also, I'm not sure why you're taking offense when I am talking about people at TSC who are making my life more miserable than need be. Are you in such a place? If not, why are you interjecting as if you were? Plus, if didn't take offense as said, you would not put justification to indicate otherwise in your sarcastic tone.

By the way, Igor's list is outdated and best way you can get the latest trend is by reading the threads. So, unless you took the time to read what's going on with rest of the filings, you're making assumptions from stale data. I suggest taking more than three minututes look before coming to an assumption.

Lastly, if you think these "hillbillies" at TSC is doing a such a great job of moving these petitions out, go ahead and let us tell us how and why. I'm sure you're happy with waiting around for a year or more, but rest of us are not.

Well, like I said, no offense taken. You mention hillbillies and Texas in the same breath and that is my home so of course I will stand up for it. The folks that work there are presumably from there as well and whether they are doing a good job or not is irrelevant when they are being slandered based on their location. Capisce? Oh, and by the way, I can pretty much guarantee you that English is not the first language of many of the employees there. Care to call them something else?

I realize you are angry as it is very apparent in your tone and even your reply to a perfect stranger who is on your side and in the same boat. It doesn't help anyone. I personally don't believe it is entirely the fault of the people working there. I have stated this many times, and if you read the forums, like you suggest I need to, you would see that I have mentioned several factors that have a direct impact on the TSC's ability to process our petitions (VSC dumping on them, I-130 backlog and probably the immigration crisis on the border). We really don't know what instructions they have received at TSC for handling visas of any kind. I submit to you that the same "kind" of people work at all the centers and simply follow instructions that are provided to them.

Igor's list may be outdated but you were talking about April filers. I simply pulled up April filers and provided that information and it only took me 3 minutes to reach a conclusion..not an assumption. It is not rocket science after all. I do, in fact, read the forums and I still say that very few "real" TSC filers that are not from the Philippines have been approved. I welcome your constructive input and data if you care to share it with me so I can admit my error but I honestly don't think you have anything I haven't seen already. If you do, please share it as I am always willing to learn...even us old dogs. I do hope I am wrong as it will provide a glimmer of hope for us all.

Lastly, you are kidding right? Happy with waiting a year? I am not one of those saying that 6 months or a year is just a drop in the bucket when we have the rest of our lives to spend with each other...those are young people that have a hell of a lot more time ahead of them than I do. I know better. Time lost is time lost and the older you get, the faster it goes. I think I have made it very clear concerning my position on the prolonged wait based on a geographical location and bad luck of the draw as to where my petition is being processed. I can't say whether they are doing a good job or not because, like you and everyone else here, I have no idea what they are doing. I can give an educated guess and say that they are not primarily working on I-129f's or they would be approving more than they are. They may very well be doing a good job at whatever they are doing as instructed.

Do I like it? Hell no I don't, but if the show were on the other foot and CSC was way behind, I would not be calling them a bunch of stoners or surfer dudes any other derogatory term based on where they are located...that was my point. Hopefully you understand where I am coming from now. It is not the people but the process we need to be disgusted with.

Have a nice day and good luck.

event.png

My very first post on this site.

I have been following for a while, but finally joined. Another March TSC filer here, still patiently waiting. Just wanted to introduce myself to fellow my fellow March people. I hope we hear something soon!

Timeline

My very first post on this site.

I have been following for a while, but finally joined. Another March TSC filer here, still patiently waiting. Just wanted to introduce myself to fellow my fellow March people. I hope we hear something soon!

Welcome aboard and we are all hoping for the same. Good luck on your journey :)

event.png

You know I don't know about any of you but is it just me or is time going extraordinarily slow these past few months?

I-129F Petition
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You know I don't know about any of you but is it just me or is time going extraordinarily slow these past few months?

Yes! I know I only filed in April but this whole waiting & living day to day sucks! I'm not patient & not made for a long distance relationship (which is why we filed so soon after falling in love. What we have is true & he's my soul mate, silly...I know. But I'm 31 years old & mature enough to realize this.) I need him here so our life together can begin. Months may only be a small portion of our overall time together, but I hate wasting time. Sure, we talk constantly & get closer everyday, but I want the small stuff. To sleep next to him, kiss him on the forehead if he's still sleeping when I leave for work, to go on car trips together, shopping at the store for milk, cleaning the apartment, watching movies & playing games together & shooting at each other with nerf guns. Seriously? Is that too much to ask for? I just want him here for my birthday (one week before Christmas) & that's not much to hope for, but with the drastic slow down & them refusing service requests for those at 6 months I'm heart broken...knowing he might not be here til February or March is so painful...I'll never ever take him for granted, though.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Yes! I know I only filed in April but this whole waiting & living day to day sucks! I'm not patient & not made for a long distance relationship (which is why we filed so soon after falling in love. What we have is true & he's my soul mate, silly...I know. But I'm 31 years old & mature enough to realize this.) I need him here so our life together can begin. Months may only be a small portion of our overall time together, but I hate wasting time. Sure, we talk constantly & get closer everyday, but I want the small stuff. To sleep next to him, kiss him on the forehead if he's still sleeping when I leave for work, to go on car trips together, shopping at the store for milk, cleaning the apartment, watching movies & playing games together & shooting at each other with nerf guns. Seriously? Is that too much to ask for? I just want him here for my birthday (one week before Christmas) & that's not much to hope for, but with the drastic slow down & them refusing service requests for those at 6 months I'm heart broken...knowing he might not be here til February or March is so painful...I'll never ever take him for granted, though.

Hey there Julie :)

You sound just like me when I am typing my heart out to my fiance on a daily basis lol. I know what you mean with this wait and it's extremely hard you're right and I'm not a person who has a lot of patience either. My main thing is just not knowing when it will come, like no date or anything that you can even look forward to, it's just an unknown amount of time and it seems that the days get slower and slower each day with no progress. I honestly wish I would have known what I did now when filing for the petition as I would have put it in so much sooner. After coming here and learning the truth and how backlogged things are, I continue kicking myself in the butt for it. But nothing any of us can do other than hope, and pray that things might speed up and such. :/

I-129F Petition
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.