32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

let us know when you get the receipt notice on the I-765, aye ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

well - that's a plus !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh, my!!! I am not sure who they have opening mail at the USCIS! Resubmitted the damn I-765 authorization to work, been waiting to see some progress, today I get a rejection notice for the I-765 and for the I-485, again saying for no fees sent! THey clearly have cashed the check! So I read further to find out why... When I resubmitted the damn I-765, I included a copy of the I-485, evidently the person opening the mail assumed this was an original petition, even though I clearly sent a letter and a highlighted instruction form stating that I didn't have to pay their fee! Now I am waiting for the tier 2, person to call me back, hoping the stupid rejection letter for the second I-485 isn't going to effect the original!!!!!!!!

You need to send the NOA1 from the I-485 NOT the whole application again. That was wrong. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Oh, I did send the noa for the I-485 and the letter with the appointment notice for the biometrics, it's like they didn't look at anything just looked for the fee and sent it rejected, this time, I put the noa for the I-485 on the top! Fingers are crossed! Unfortunately, since the check I sent was electronically cashed there is no canceled check to send!!!

Timeline

what ? you sent an entire copy of the I-485? I hope you not do that cause I wrote it.

You were to send the NOA-1, formletter I-797 or I-797-C - the receipt notice on the I-485 application.

it's a single sheet o paper.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

one comment violating the Terms of Service has been removed. If you cannot post constructively, then do not post at all.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Yes for the first rejection, I sent them a copy of the I-485, the man I spoke to at the service center told me to with a note attached explaining it was filed with the I-765, since I hadn't yet received the receipt notice for I-485 when I spoke to him, the next day the receipt notice showed up in the mail, so I sent that too.

Sent it once again, this time without the copy of the I-485, and still with the receipt notice and another note stating that this was filed concurrently with the I-485, so there is no fee! Honestly feel like it would be easier to pay the fee, but at this point, the AOS will probably be done before the I-765 even gets looked at!

Timeline

so - what's yer current plan for chasing after the EAD?

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just have to say that the same thing just happened to us as well. Submitted our I-485, together with I-765 and I-131, paid the $1070 ($985 I-485 + $85 Biometrics fee) and received a Rejection Notice because of non-payment for the I-765. Seriously, USCIS has their process screwed up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I sent my AOS/EAD/AP package 2 days ago, now i'm worried that I should have placed a letter with the EAD form explaining the waiver of fee!!!!! :huh2:

What is the likely hood or statistics of people receiving rejection letters for their I-765 because of this waiver misunderstanding?

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, I have the same problem here. I sent together I-130, I-485 and I-765 to the Chicago facility. Also, I am c9 category. As you guys, I got the rejection notice of all forms "The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided". The checks were $420 and $1070. After reading above I am not sure what is the right thing to do to fix that. What I guess is that I have to resend everything with a photocopy of the I-797C notice of rejection of the form I-485 attached to the I-765 form and a page explaining they were sent together?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.