WishHopePray

Husband married me for GC, still on conditional, how to withdraw affidavit of support

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you have knowledge of a participant in a fraudulent marriage, then withdrawal your Affidavit of Support, divorce him ASAP to remove the conditions, report it with all the proofs (conversations, chats, connections he has, etc.) This process will take time, however I agree with the other post that you could stand in the way of him requesting visa for this girlfriend in the future. I sincerely hope above everything that everything goes well for you, justice is served, and that you will be able to move past this, and have a life full of happiness and love.

I see you are new to this site, always good to read the other comments so you can learn something.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Too late to withdraw the 864 (regardless of what someone might have told you). ... You can divorce, if you have written or other verified evidence, then report it so at the very least, he will have issues bringing the girlfriend over. But to remove conditions, he just has to prove he entered in the marriage in good faith... Which is where your evidence might come into play. However, it might be better to pass the word in his hometown if you are needing some "mother" justice...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Timeline

Out of curiosity, if USCIS decided not to remove conditions on the conditional green card, this puts the beneficiary in a deportable status, correct? Is being in a deportable status sufficient to relieve the petitioner of potential I864 liabilities? Or does the beneficiary actually need to have been deported (ignoring the other possibilities such as death, becoming a USC, etc.)?

Timeline

Being deportable is not a get out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I don't enjoy being in a fraudulent marriage, I have no choice but to get back whatever I can, i.e. not being obliged to support him.

Our marriage was a traditional arranged marriage that my family fixed.

How did an arranged marriage get past USCIS and the embassy? Did you tell them it was an arranged marriage?

I would think that an arranged marriage, by its nature, is not about love, but more about culture and tradition. I would think that people would be really cautious when doing this.

Timeline

How did an arranged marriage get past USCIS and the embassy? Did you tell them it was an arranged marriage?

I would think that an arranged marriage, by its nature, is not about love, but more about culture and tradition. I would think that people would be really cautious when doing this.

Why do you think arranged marriages are an issue?

Assuming they are not arranged solely for the beneficiary to be able to move to the US.

Sorry for being so blunt but I think you are mixing 2 types of marriages here . As opposed to "love marriages", arranged marriages do not involve sentiments, they involve other considerations ( financial, family alliances, inheritance, etc) and you have made this specific choice, At times feelings develop afterwards but not always and love was not in the contract to begin with anyways.

Trying to report someone to USCIS without proofs (and when I say proofs it is SOLID proof, not he says-she says) will just do NOTHING else than NOTHING. "Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned " Do not take it personally but do you have any idea of how many times USCIS immigration officer verify this say? Every day, they receive letters from people who are bitter at their spouse for a failing marriage and send letter saying "my spouse committed immigration fraud". Can they give credit to that NO, Why? Because if such a case goes to court with no proof, the judge will blast them and it will cost them money.

To summarize, unless your husband has written to you that he married you just for the card or unless he has said that before several witnesses (unrelated to you) who are ready to repeat that in court, I know it is frustrating but you can drop it, it will go nowhere. Move on because if you have no proof, this will only make you look like a shrew to them. Is it really worthy? Does this guy deserve all this attention anyways? HE will have to prove he entered the marriage in good faith when removing conditions, let him deal with the problem.

Edited by AT20000

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Our marriage was a traditional arranged marriage that my family fixed. I thought my Husband was perfect, and everyone said we made perfect couple.

We married Oct 2012 and husband came to USA on Oct 2013 and his abusiveness started to surface, but he would always blame me, and I was in denial.

We overheard conversations that said he only married me for GC. He has girlfriend in India who he wants to bring to USA.

I was told I can withdraw affidavit of support because he has conditional green card. How can I do this? What wording do I use? Who in USCIS do I send this to?

You can not withdraw the affidavit of support. Also, if you divorce him (which you must), he can still get his 10 yr GC by removing conditions on his own. But that is for him to figure out. You should move on...

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Why do you think arranged marriages are an issue?

Assuming they are not arranged solely for the beneficiary to be able to move to the US.

Are you serious? Do you think CIS would approve a marriage if they knew that it was arranged by the family?

Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

What REALLY burns my ### is people like myself & and my Fiancee in China have spent SO much time waiting for her K1 to get processed and people like this are playing friggin games with the Immigration process and slowing down EVERYONE elses processing times because of B.S. people like this.!!!!!..They should immediately terminate ANYTHING they have done in the PAST on your application and DEPORT him asap and ban him for life from this country...

Wait a minute, I thought removal of conditions was based on the premise of a continued, bona fide marital relationship. If it's not based on that then what is it based on? How can an immigrant spouse remove their own conditions? I thought you had to send in more bona fide marriage evidence. Am I wrong? Maybe someone can explain this to me because I'm extremely confused...

Married in Edinburgh, Scotland: 07-06-2013

I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 09-04-2013

NOA1 from the National Benefits Center: 09-05-2013

I-130 Package Transferred to California Service Center: 02-25-2014

NOA2: 03-05-2014

NVC Received: 03-17-2014

Case # and IIN Assigned: 04-18-2014

DS-261 Generated and Completed: 04-26-2014

AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid: 04-29-2014

IV Fee Invoiced and Paid: 05-01-2014

AOS Fee Shows as Paid: 05-01-2014

IV Fee Shows as Paid: 05-05-2014

AOS and IV Packages Sent via UPS: 05-08-2014

AOS and IV Packages Received: 05-12-2014

AOS and IV Packages Input Into System: 05-14-2014

DS-260 Completed: 05-16-2014

Case Complete: 06-11-2014

Medical Exam: 07-08-2014

Interview in Warsaw, Poland: 08-28-2014 @ 8:30AM - APPROVED!

Visa Package Received: 09-01-2014

POE at Chicago O'Hare International Airport: 09-23-2014

I-751 Package Received: 07-11-2016

NOA1: 07-16-2016

I-751 Biometrics Apointment: 08-01-2016

ROC Approval (during citizenship interview): 12-20-2017

10-Year Green Card Received: N/A due to approved N-400

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

If he abuses you physically, you could call the police and then if he tries to bring his GF to the states it'll be on his record?

I know this could be controversial thing to say, but if you're really feeling like you'd like to 'do something' considering how he's betrayed you, I would think that if his name came up with a domestic incident it may make immigration look into what the story is, and may make it harder for him to see out his plan of using you to bring over his girlfriend.

Good luck.

event.png

Timeline

Are you serious? Do you think CIS would approve a marriage if they knew that it was arranged by the family?

Yes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.