Hicham♥Sara

Casablanca, You made a big mistake! :'( (merged)

102 posts in this topic

With a returned CR1, since it is an immigrant visa and more solid so to speak, they really do need to come up with a reason

and a NOIR/NOID letter has to be send out so the couple can address the issue of the refusal and submit their rebuttal.

While USCIS and DOS can play ping pong back and forth and reaffirm and return, most of the time the CO will approve after

the first reaffirmation. Unfortunately a K1 is weak(er) and gets tossed in comparison.

Some think that the embassy sits on it too long before they return it and that such is the reason it expires,

but it goes to a USCIS warehouse to be stored after it has been returned, then gets pulled for official expiration.

That makes sense. Thanks again.

Married in Edinburgh, Scotland: 07-06-2013

I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 09-04-2013

NOA1 from the National Benefits Center: 09-05-2013

I-130 Package Transferred to California Service Center: 02-25-2014

NOA2: 03-05-2014

NVC Received: 03-17-2014

Case # and IIN Assigned: 04-18-2014

DS-261 Generated and Completed: 04-26-2014

AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid: 04-29-2014

IV Fee Invoiced and Paid: 05-01-2014

AOS Fee Shows as Paid: 05-01-2014

IV Fee Shows as Paid: 05-05-2014

AOS and IV Packages Sent via UPS: 05-08-2014

AOS and IV Packages Received: 05-12-2014

AOS and IV Packages Input Into System: 05-14-2014

DS-260 Completed: 05-16-2014

Case Complete: 06-11-2014

Medical Exam: 07-08-2014

Interview in Warsaw, Poland: 08-28-2014 @ 8:30AM - APPROVED!

Visa Package Received: 09-01-2014

POE at Chicago O'Hare International Airport: 09-23-2014

I-751 Package Received: 07-11-2016

NOA1: 07-16-2016

I-751 Biometrics Apointment: 08-01-2016

ROC Approval (during citizenship interview): 12-20-2017

10-Year Green Card Received: N/A due to approved N-400

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP~ keep strong....been there done that. Sorry about the frustration. You seem to had all things done right.

K1 seems not to work in morocco that is why i chose CR1

Your opinion based on what? How many sucessfully APPORVED K1 visas going through CASA have NOT come on here to NOT get their unneeded advice?

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

True but since 2009 no

Do you have access to numbers the rest of us don't, or is this anecdotal? Because if it's anecdotal, I know MANY K-1s post 2009 that made it without problems...

Timeline

So I looked it up. Looks like the biggest jump down was from 2004-2005, and then from 2010 (when we got our k1 approved) onward. That being said, USCIS doesn't have numbers of applicants, as far as I can tell, so we can't see percentage approval rating... 2008 does not seem to be significant in terms of "more denials since then..."

Morocco K-1s issued (per USCIS stats)

1997- 40

1998- 49

1999- 63

2000- 71

2001- 109

2002- 149

2003- 131

2004- 239

2005- 186

2006- 221

2007- 276

2008- 273

2009- 232

2010- 246

2011- 162

2012- 160

2013- 167

Timeline

That all being said, it looks like generally speaking (not Morocco-specific) a CR1 visa looks easier to have approved... you can see 4th quarter numbers from your local office here:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/ default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/Family-Based/I130_performancedata_fy2014qtr1.pdf

(take out the space between sites/ and default/)

Edited by kristen_maroc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

True but since 2009 no

actually, yes. Look back through the archives, many many many couples have successfully been approved k-1 visas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

That all being said, it looks like generally speaking (not Morocco-specific) a CR1 visa looks easier to have approved... you can see 4th quarter numbers from your local office here:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/ default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/Family-Based/I130_performancedata_fy2014qtr1.pdf

(take out the space between sites/ and default/)

The link did not work for me, can you post another link ? I would like to check some other countries.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Be strong and don't give up that happened to me too and after we got married there in morocco and now he has his interview in June 9,we have almost 5 years fighting to be together in can put my self in your shoes I know how much you are suffering now,but just keep prying

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We did have a red flag. A red flag that was addressed in the petition, and that needed explanation from him during the interview. SO what makes me so very very angry is that anytime that the CO would ask him a question, before he could finish his thought, or even sentences, he was cut off rudely. This is extremely unfair and unjust. If she had a question about his intentions, give the man a chance to explain himself in this one time that you are going to sit down and talk to him. Some of the questions she asked needed him to answer beyond the first few words of someone's thoughts. For example the question of "Do you only like talking to American Women?" The beginning of his answer: "well no, I have talked to Moroccan, French, and Tunisian ..... The rest of his answer: But I do like American women more because we have the same interests, like country music and classic rock music, and I love English because that is what I studied in school and I would listen to a lot of American music to learn this. " A brief history about my Sweet Bread is that he did study English in HS and speaks it pretty well, His favorite band is Rascal Flatts, (Which is one of mine as well, something we bonded over) his favorite song is Hotel California, and he loves a lot of old classic rock and so do I because my mom was a huge fan and I grew up listening to that, in fact my name Sara comes from Fleetwood Mac, my sister Emmiline's name comes from Fleetwood Mac and my daughter Rhiannon is named after Fleetwood Mac.The man loves Kenny Roger's for God's sake! I don't actually but good grief who else can he talk to about these things and would relate to him. Hicham and I are both musicians, him a violinist, and me a vocalist, and I used to dream of being a country music singer, studied opera and many other things. He loves shows like America's Got Talent, America's Funniest Home Video's and Lost, and haha Bridezilla's because people like us love watching hot mess TV sometimes LOL. What is wrong with him finding blonde hair and blue eyes to be the most attractive ( how many times I can't even count he has said "I hope our baby has your blue eyes" and I have to burst his bubble with a Punnett Square) Is all of that bad? No. It's not. Just like it's not bad for me as an American to be attracted to brown boys. (lol) be obsessed with Bollywood and world fashions. Is this bad? No!!

But I know what that can look like on the surface..... which is why I SAY LET THE MAN SPEAK.

I know that Morocco is a high fraud country. I am aware of what the Consulate website says about the signs of fraud. I have also been a part of this forum and others for years now ( Remember, we have been together for almost 4.5 years) and I know what people have gone through and what to look for. In no way would I ever stand for anything short of awesome. I had my OWN tests. For example, I was freshly separated from my cheating husband by a few months when I met Hicham. In our early conversations I of course, being transparent as he was with me about his previous relationships, told him that here in my state of Virginia I have to be separated for at least 1 year before I can even start the process for filing for a divorce. It took me longer than a year. 4 1/2 years later we are still going strong. I didn't go into this kind of relationship lightly. Who does when it is this kind of long distance/ multicultural relationship? You can't read these forums and be completely naive to what goes on. Hicham is an honorable man, and never has done anything to lead me or my family and friends to believe otherwise. We are not legally married in Morocco because he is the kind of person who is so honest that he will not do anything that is not 100% legit to get things done ( which is why we didn't do what you COULD do in Morocco to get things done, Morocco people know exactly what I am talking about) I stand by him and his moral judgement because he deserves this kind of respect and honor. He has been absolutely wonderful to me and my girls as much as one possibly can across the ocean via the internet. It feels like home when I am with him in Morocco. I see God's love for me through him. The way he took care of my kids when we were there last year, was icing on the cake. We ARE family. Paper or no paper, our level of commitment to each other is that of Husband and Wife. We made a promise before God to love each other forever. I am beside myself right now thinking about all the things that I will have to go through if I can't fight this and have to find a way to get over there again, between my job taking care of children in my home, going to school at night, and the worst, having to leave my children behind because I was blessed to be able to take them last year. We are absolutely heart broken and completely overwhelmed coming up with solutions. Why on Earth would this woman think it is a better idea to ask a single mother and a man who makes at best 300 US Dollars a month at a job in his country, come up with more money, for more trips, for more running around with the Moroccan Government Paper Trail for Marriage (YIPEE!) more money for another petition and all the things that have to go along with it.....instead of at the very least having a real conversation with someone about what the heck is up. Or call me and talk to ME , cause I promise I know him better than she does. :'(

UGH!

Dear God, USCIS, Department of Homeland Security, Casablanca Consulate, please give us our Sweet Break /Chikin Nugget. :'( Sincerely, Sweet Cookie, Chikin Nuggets, and Cuppycake.

post-88569-0-92073600-1399776306_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hicham♥Sara

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

To be fair there is more than one flag.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Maybe you are right, even though I am not sure what they could be. And hopefully everyone that responds, will be kind and helpful and no one will be mean and snarky ( I have seen people get torn down here). Because just like everyone else on this forum, we just want to live in the same country, and again just like everyone else here , we feel that the US is the better fit for our family's needs IE , My daughter's Healthcare for Type 1 Diabetes, and my education goals. I don't know how much more proof we can give to show how real we are. We just want our nights sitting on the porch laughing and enjoying each other's company, raising the girls and God-Willing our future babies, working through fights ( even though we rarely have any and always both end up apologizing no matter who is right or wrong), and making a life together without having so many obstacles to just live together. Let us live together! That's it. I love our love story, even with all the heartache. This separation is torture.

Edited by Hicham♥Sara

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Unfortunately, denied k1s are usually left to languish and expire... Options will probably be to refile or figure out a way to marry (maybe a 3rd country) as i understand CR1 denials are able to be appealed for re affirm... Not fiancé visas... Sorry this is happening to you...

VERY good idea this third country, I suggest France, as the most visited country in the world, thousands of foreign marriages are celebrated each year. I am fairly sure that considering the ties between France and Morocco, it may be even easier, I am sure your fiancé speaks French, he will get this figured out in no time.

Timeline

Was the red flag they asked about at the interview about meeting him months after separating from your husband?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe you are right, even though I am not sure what they could be. And hopefully everyone that responds, will be kind and helpful and no one will be mean and snarky ( I have seen people get torn down here). Because just like everyone else on this forum, we just want to live in the same country, and again just like everyone else here , we feel that the US is the better fit for our family's needs IE , My daughter's Healthcare for Type 1 Diabetes, and my education goals. I don't know how much more proof we can give to show how real we are. We just want our nights sitting on the porch laughing and enjoying each other's company, raising the girls and God-Willing our future babies, working through fights ( even though we rarely have any and always both end up apologizing no matter who is right or wrong), and making a life together without having so many obstacles to just live together. Let us live together! That's it. I love our love story, even with all the heartache. This separation is torture.

At this point I wouldn't waste the time trying to get the original petition decision overturned, it's unlikely to happen and will cost you valuable time for nothing. I would look to finding a way to get married as soon as you can and then file a CR-1. Or you can try a second K-1, in high fraud embassies sometimes the second go around works better, but the higher chance I believe would lay with the CR-1.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

Do you have access to numbers the rest of us don't, or is this anecdotal? Because if it's anecdotal, I know MANY K-1s post 2009 that made it without problems...

Me too inow many before 2009 under k-1 got visa without any probelem even their wives were really older .and i know guys the Co said we wont give you a visa later they call them come with passport to get their visa,but since 2009 age become serious flag ;and also before 2009 they ask few question since 2009 they ask lot of questions most of the questions make no sence at all.Just have look on my case .what does that mean when in Uscis they said the petion take 5 months to get approved ours its almost 15 months you ahve to admit things changed a lot In Uscis .

Edited by BraveAmnay
event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.