clayr

how can I have wife removed for marriage fraud?

123 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We work together same place as 1099ers. I have no choice I cannot feed 3 people, diapers, dr. visits on just 1 check. I get a check she gets a check made out to me, I endorse and she puts in her bank account. Her GC app was declined last yr due to insufficient income and assets I didn't use a co sponsor. USCIS said we have to reapply and pay fees again I have yet to do so which is why she has no GC

If you're having trouble affording things, why in the world are you putting the money into her bank account, to be sent back to her family? That money should be locked away hard in a personal account in your name only.

I fear you're going to have some mighty fine trouble with the IRS with both of you receiving 1099-MISCs under your Social Security number.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To be fair, it may or may not be his own fault. Some employers will intentionally mis-classify workers as 1099 Independent Contractors to skip on their payroll taxes. Especially one that's looking over an obvious double use of a Social Security number, it's not too far fetched that the employer may be at fault.

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove quoted 'trolling' post

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here is the basis for annulment.

She told him she was having his baby and it died. She was lying. She was concealing she had another man's baby. If she had told the OP the truth, would he have married her? No. So she tricked him by lying to him. Her motivation? To get to the US by him getting her a K-1. Ergo, she committed fraud to get him to marry her so she can immigrate to the US.

How long they have been married and the child they have together are irrelevant because neither has anything to do with her tricking him into marriage.

The 4 years statue of limitation starts when he discovered the fraud. That is when she told him.

The SSN fraud is a separate issue and has nothing to do with getting an annulment based on fraud.

This is similar to my situation. She had a lover the entire courtship and engagement. Pregnancy had to be DNA tested. Of course I never would have married her or even been friendly with a sociopath like mine. Now I'm stuck with her, and after only 6 months married and in the USA, our wonderful USCIS is letting her stay here. ChaCHING. Nothing like cheating one's way to the USA for money. And every girl in Vietnam knows this.

As for HCMC being difficult, it is not. I've worked with them over the years and they are great. They answer emails promptly, only request RFE's if you don't follow the paper trail rules, and approve fairly quickly for the GIGANTIC volume of visa applications they have to process.

As for the poster who insulted Vietnam as dirty poor etc. that is just racist. It is a poor country, but there are many proud, hard working, and decent people who seek visas to the USA and many other countries. As I've said before do not trust relatives or your instincts. Hire a private investigator in Vietnam to do your background check for hidden children, marriages, and lovers. I wish I had.

This OP has a challenge financially it seems and is in for a long rough road, possibly worse than mine. Job #1 is to get her out of the house legally. Sadly, he will take an income hit right off the bat with that weird shared SSN and 1099 deal. It doesn't sound like he has strong credibly evidence, but he could conceivably write to the US Consulate in HCMC with her A number attached and start his fraud claim. INFOPASS for sure ASAP. Also, similar letters to HSI and FDNS. Either way, a 2 year marriage with a 19 month old is going to cost him dearly.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Posts removed and a member thread-banned for racist comments. Any further such will draw more severe penalties.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Fiji
Timeline

All I can say is wow....what a situation the OP is in.....what is worse is all the bad advise he has been given. OP - Listen to Postmaster and reread what he has written. You are in a legal mess that could end up costing you. Trust me, I have been there before. Before you do anything else you better start Googling lawyers in your area. I would suggest one works in both immigration and family law. Most will give you a half hour or an hour of fee consultation. Bring to them as much documentation as you can. This will cost you a little up front but will save you thousands down the road. While you haven't signed the I-864 yet, I am pretty sure you signed the I-134. While the I-134 doesn't have as much bite as the I-864 you could still be on the hook if she falls into the support of the government. The abuse thing is real so be careful. And abuse claims don't always have to be in the physical form. Fraud? Very tough to claim so tread lightly.

This forum and web site is a great place to get information but it is not always correct. I can't stress enough to seek the advice of a lawyer before you dig yourself deeper into the hole.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

I-134 is about the 90 days that a K-1 entrant "gets" on their I-94, isn't it? Those 90 days were up a long time ago.

Edited by EM_Vandaveer

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Timeline

Looking for a lawyer who works in both immigration and family law is most likely going to result in a lawyer who is not very good at either. In my experience, most family lawyers who say they understand immigration are only adept at filling out forms, getting the random illegal alien off a DUI charge or something along those lines.

Besides, the OP doesn't have an immigration problem. His soon-to-be ex-wife does.

OP should focus on the divorce and custody issues.

OP should also seek the advice of a competent tax attorney, based on the some of the information he's presented here.

Edited by novedsac

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

All I can say is wow....what a situation the OP is in.....what is worse is all the bad advise he has been given. OP - Listen to Postmaster and reread what he has written. You are in a legal mess that could end up costing you. Trust me, I have been there before. Before you do anything else you better start Googling lawyers in your area. I would suggest one works in both immigration and family law. Most will give you a half hour or an hour of fee consultation. Bring to them as much documentation as you can. This will cost you a little up front but will save you thousands down the road. While you haven't signed the I-864 yet, I am pretty sure you signed the I-134. While the I-134 doesn't have as much bite as the I-864 you could still be on the hook if she falls into the support of the government. The abuse thing is real so be careful. And abuse claims don't always have to be in the physical form. Fraud? Very tough to claim so tread lightly.

This forum and web site is a great place to get information but it is not always correct. I can't stress enough to seek the advice of a lawyer before you dig yourself deeper into the hole.

I filed an I-134 and no 864. I was on the hook for ZERO for my ex in terms of support. At issue here is a 2 year marriage and a child. That is going to cost this OP an arm and a leg. The lawyer will save the toenails and other body parts.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

I think she could make an excellent attempt at VAWA - married two years and not allowed to adjust? I am sorry, but that IS abuse, unless it is something they both agreed on for some reason (like save money, and apply for the 10 years green card). And on top of that, trying to deport a mother and separate her from her very young child - such actions make the husband come across as a controlling jerk.

event.png

We work together same place as 1099ers. I have no choice I cannot feed 3 people, diapers, dr. visits on just 1 check. I get a check she gets a check made out to me, I endorse and she puts in her bank account. Her GC app was declined last yr due to insufficient income and assets I didn't use a co sponsor. USCIS said we have to reapply and pay fees again I have yet to do so which is why she has no GC

My bad.

Was there no certificate of death for the child?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.