clayr

how can I have wife removed for marriage fraud?

123 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes. Scammers are so ignorant. No possibility playing stupid games will backfire on him.

How about he approach this situation as an adult and actually use the law?

He can do whatever he likes.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How about he approach this situation as an adult and actually use the law?

I believe this poster will leverage the system to his advantage. But his wife probably will too.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Tell her you're going to travel with her back to Vietnam so that the two of you can retrieve the child and bring it back to the US.

Once in Vietnam, give her a bit of the ol' razzle dazzle at the airport and get on the next available back to the US yourself. Even if she manages to get a flight back and is somehow allowed on the flight, once she gets to CBP they won't let her in as she has no visa or GC.

Then file for divorce and move on with your life.

The only way you're going to be getting her out of the country is if she goes willingly. Under false pretense won't matter any, that's just the tables turning on her.

WOW!

greek_american_flag100.gif

Vda4m4.png

A little fun for Saturday afternoon while we wait or Monday

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Child in USA is mine and born here, the child in Vietnam is not mine. We don't get along at all so I want to divorce and take care of our child here by myself. But I don't want to put up with wife in US who lied to come here and sends all her money back home and sticks me with paying all the bills

Then make her challenge you for physical custody of your child -- you have just as much of a right to parent the minor child as she does. Put the advantage in your court by having her prove in family court you are an unfit parent.

Gone are the days of built-in bias when the mother was automatically presumed by judges to be the more suitable parent of a minor child. Not getting along -- move away from her to protect yourself from any bogus claims.

If you have physical custody of the child prior to any court filings (divorce & child custody), then she must convince the court to remove the child from your custody.

Cheaper to pay for only an apartment for her until the divorce, custody, and child support issues are settled rather than you leave the child with her knowing the DA will nail you to the wall with a temporary support order of support until the process drags to a conclusion.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wonder what evidence there is for this child, reading between the lines it may have been something she said to piss him off.

Anyway:

To the extent anything posted on here can be true,

What evidence is there of the first childs parentage. What evidence could be obtained?

An annulment? They have been married for 2 years and have a child.

She has been here 2 plus years and he has done nothing to adjust her status, sounds VAWA ish to start off with.

Assuming they divorce, her status has nothing to do with any Court mandate, I have often wondered about the I 134 in this case, I know it is not effective as far as Federal benefits are concerned, but in a Divorce case?

She has been sending her money home, what money, is she working?

It is extremely unusual for what would be a single mother to be deported, to think ICE will come looking for her is delusional.

PS The lets go on holiday has been done, PI I seem to remember and the child did not go.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Then make her challenge you for physical custody of your child -- you have just as much of a right to parent the minor child as she does. Put the advantage in your court by having her prove in family court you are an unfit parent.

Gone are the days of built-in bias when the mother was automatically presumed by judges to be the more suitable parent of a minor child. Not getting along -- move away from her to protect yourself from any bogus claims.

If you have physical custody of the child prior to any court filings (divorce & child custody), then she must convince the court to remove the child from your custody.

Cheaper to pay for only an apartment for her until the divorce, custody, and child support issues are settled rather than you leave the child with her knowing the DA will nail you to the wall with a temporary support order of support until the process drags to a conclusion.

He works, how is he supposed to look after a small child?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Wonder what evidence there is for this child, reading between the lines it may have been something she said to piss him off.

Anyway:

To the extent anything posted on here can be true,

What evidence is there of the first childs parentage. What evidence could be obtained?

An annulment? They have been married for 2 years and have a child.

She has been here 2 plus years and he has done nothing to adjust her status, sounds VAWA ish to start off with.

Assuming they divorce, her status has nothing to do with any Court mandate, I have often wondered about the I 134 in this case, I know it is not effective as far as Federal benefits are concerned, but in a Divorce case?

She has been sending her money home, what money, is she working?

It is extremely unusual for what would be a single mother to be deported, to think ICE will come looking for her is delusional.

PS The lets go on holiday has been done, PI I seem to remember and the child did not go.

Oh god.

What's the logic for her telling him the child is dead if it was his and a DNA test would allow her to bring the child to the US? The obvious answer is she didn't want a DNA test which would have resulted in the OP not bringing her to the US.

What does being married and having children do with not being able to get an annulment for fraud?

What is the basis for you doubting this? Your guts again? Because you think something should be a certain way, so you think the law should follow?

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

Looks like he is on the East Coast, NY basics, I am sure reality is more complicated. He may be in another State with different rules.

Fraud generally means the intentional deception of the Plaintiff by the Defendant in order to induce the Plaintiff to marry. The misrepresentation must be substantial in nature, and the Plaintiff's consent to the marriage predicated on the Defendant’s statement. The perpetration of the fraud (prior to the marriage), and the discovery of the fraud (subsequent to the marriage) must be proven by corroboration of a witness or other external proof, even if the Defendant admits guilt (DRL §144).

He can hardly say he married her because she was pregnant with his child as that was a historical issue.

So he would be saying he wanted an annulment because she got pregnant before they married and said it was his and was not and somehow this induced him to get married?

And where is the evidence?

Annulment gets thrown around a lot on here, from what I gather it is in the real world a relatively rare event.

Edited by Boiler

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

He works, how is he supposed to look after a small child?

I did it and so have millions of other men. The same child care available to single mothers is available to single fathers.

The fact that a father can take his child prior to any court filings and be gone is the dirty little strategy no one shared with men.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

First and foremost, what is best for the child ? Will the child feel abandoned if her mother vanishes from one day to the next ?

Getting her on a plane under pretense is not a good idea. It is traumatic for the child and way too much drama.
It's not about revenge here and getting the last laugh in but it's about the child.

Settle your divorce/support issues in court and leave the idea of 'wanting to deport her' alone. Let the chips fall where they may.
She lied to immigration so it is her problem, not yours. You have enough on your plate dealing with the divorce and custody.

It is probable that she would get picked up some day after you inform ICE. Whether it happens or not should not keep you awake

at night but focus on what is best for your little one who has done nothing to deserve any of this mess and wants

his mother as long as possible.

Get the living arrangement and custody sorted out a.s.a.p and don't be alone with her.

When did she tell you this ? Before or after your child ? Did she tell you out of anger during a fight or from a place of remorse

and guilt ? What is the reason you did not get the papers for her GC started for the past 2 years ?

Does she have an income herself to send money home or did you initially agree to it with your money and now

resent it ?

Sorry that you are going through this and I hope things will work out for you and your little one.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

She would never get on a plane. No way. And he would run the risk of being charged with kidnapping. No joke. I am never ever alone with my ex. NEVER. These scammers all know what to do. In Vietnam almost every single girl knows why other girls go to the USA. For GC and money. And they know how to get it. Sexual favors. I had 3 ex friends of my ex-wife who are still in Vietnam and told me it was all a scam just to get to the USA. You think VAWA and FDNS and ICE really care? I don't. They are busy with big time criminals. They don't care about some 2 bit fraudsters.

However, he should turn in all hard evidence he can possibly find and turn it in. No reason in giving a liar and a cheat a free pass to a GC.

By the way, I did a DNA test right after my baby was born, too, especially when my then wife and new mother sent 1 day old newborn pictures of my daughter from the hospital to her lover in Vietnam.

Scammers are everywhere in this world. Not all Viet girls go to the USA for GC and money. You just met a wrong person.

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: Timeline

This is what has caught my attention - begs the question as to why someone would be married in excess of two years and still not have adjusted status.

Kinda understand why they may not be 'getting along' at this point. She may be looking for a way out of situation which isn't clear to us here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.