seannah

i want to understand my husband

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

yes he did 14, 000 last year, no its always been 17.70 per hour and this year he is working a lot with some over time thats why,

If he's been earning that new higher amount for at least the last 3 months, then I would certainly give it a try without a co-sponsor and see what happens.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Was he only working part time? I mean, it sounds like his current job, especially at 17.70 is enough if he is working full time as that puts him quite a bit over the requirements.

The current job is what matters most. I would just try to get a letter from the employer and last few pay stubs and try with that. If it is what you say it is, you should be more than fine.

Edited by Thane

-Jan 24th, 2014 sent in I-129F

-Jan 31ist, 2014 received NOA1 via text/email. Arrived at CSC

-Feb 4th, 2014 received Alien registration number.

-Feb 24th, 2014 received NOA2

-Mar 12, 2014 Arrived at Embassy

-Mar 20, 2014 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

-Mar 28, 2014 Received packet 3 instructions in mail

-Mar 25, 2014 Interview date set

-Apr 4, 2014 Interview.. approved :dancing:

-May 21, 2014 - PoE LV NV

-May 30, 2014 - Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

seannah, most people in the US don't know about immigration processes. If it makes your husband feel better, maybe he can just ask in the context of needing a co-sponsor instead of parading around his family and saying his income is not sufficient. The most likely case is that he wants to save face with his family, which maybe have a higher expectation of his income.

Filed: Timeline

Well I ask Three different person for a Co-sponsor and one step forward and finally give me a hand with that, but the rest did not trust any one with they're personal Info (SSN and W-2's) And I understand that part, but you should tell your husband the consequences of not having a Co-sponsor and it is better wait a little longer and try to find one than get RFE for a Co-sponsor or even worse that USCIS return all the doc's

Sorry I feel for you I know what is like to be in your shoes

• (0 Days) 02/08/14---- I485, I130, I765 Sent
  • (2 Days) 02/10/14 ---- USPS.COM package deliver
  • (12 Days) 02/19/14 ---- NOA Received for all apps
  • (20 Days) 02/27/14 ---- NOA1 Biometrics app for I485, I765 Appointment for 03/13/14
  • (21 Days) 02/28/14 ---- Successful walk in for biometrics at local UCIS Miami --- Same day license renew
  • (48 Days) 03/27/14 ----- Driver License arrived
  • (54 Days) 04/02/14 ----- Status change online for I485 "testing Interview"
  • (61 Days) 04/09/14 ----- Called UCIS to expedite my I765
  • (62 Days) 04/10/14 ----- Meet with my congressman asking him to call on my behalf to expedite my I765
  • (63 Days) 04/11/14 ----- Email recieved from USCIS Requesting proof of financial hardship and job offer FAX SENT @16:02 04/11/14
  • (68 Days) 04/16/14 ----- EAD Status change to "CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION" :dance: :dance: :dance: ----- notification Via E-mail and Txt
  • (73 days) 04-21-14 ----- As per USCIS Email EAD was Mailed today Tracking number ETA 4/23 As per USPS.com
  • (76 days) 04-24-14 ----- EAD arrived a day later than the USPS estimate, I went to SSA to apply
  • (83 Days) 05-01-14 ----- SSC Arrived AND THE NUMBER IS 123-45-6789 ....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • (95 Days) 05-13-14 ----- I485 interview date sent for June 16, 2014
  • (134 DAYS) 05-16-14 ------ INTERVIEW DAY........ OUTCOME IO SAY THEY WILL MAKE A DECISION IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS
  • (143 DAYS)06-25-14 ------ - E-MAIL & TXT RECEIVED FROM USCIS STATUS CHANGE FOR CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION THANK GOD....!!!!!!
  • (145 DAYS)06-27-14 ----- GC ARRIVED TODAY IN THE MAIL........

I-751 Process Start

• 05-02---- I-751 Sent
  • 05-04 ---- Package arrived as per USPS Online
  • 05-10----- Proof of delivery confirmation arrived USPS
  • 05-16 ---- NOA1 Received
  • 06-13 ----- biometrics done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

If your husband really wants you to come to live with him in the US, he needs to swallow his pride and ask for help, my husband had to do it too, there is no shame in it. There are so many people in the same situation as you guys. Explain this to him!

Sending a form that you know will be rejected is just wasting time.

Met Online - July, 2009
To see our full timeline see "Spolier"

USCIS
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Dublin, Ireland
Marriage : September, 12th 2012
I-130 Sent : November, 11th 2013
I-130 NOA1: November, 20th 2013
I-130 NOA2 : April, 28th 2014

NVC
Shipped to NVC: May 1st, 2014
Case Received: May 13th, 2014
Case Number Assigned: June 6th, 2014
AOS Bill Paid: June 22nd, 2014
AOS Packet sent Express: June 27th, 2014
AOS Packet Received and signed for by "NVISA*: June 30th, 2014
AOS Packet scanned into system: July 3rd, 2014
IV Bill invoiced and paid: August 7th, 2014
DS260 completed: August 8th, 2014
IV Packet sent Express: August 9th, 2014
ATTEMPTED DELIVERY UNITED STATES 16-Aug-14
11:58 NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS (tried to deliver on a saturday) :lol:

IV Packet Received and signed for by *NVISA CENTER*: August 18th, 2014
IV Packet scanned in: 19th August, 2014
AOS Checklist - August 21st, 2014 http://prntscr.com/4gsyod click link to see the checklist
Fixed AOS (I-864a) Sent to NVC - September 8th, 2014
Fixed AOS Received and signed for by *NVISA CENTER*: September 15th, 2014

CASE COMPLETE - 20th October 2014
Medical Scheduled: November 12th
Interview December 23rd (called October 30th)

Interview Changed to December 8th! (Embassy called me!!)

Interview Result: APRROVED! :dance:

Visa in hand: December 11th!

event.png event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would be very hesitant to give my SSN and W-2s to some of my relatives. Just can't trust them to be responsible with them because they are not careful people.

Someone having my SSN and W-2s can destroy my life.

Personally, I would never sign the I-864 for anyone who was not a relative. I would not sign it for my brother's wife. The reason is that even if they get divorced, I am liable to repay any means tested support that she may receive. I don't know her. I never met her, so how can I trust that she will not take means tested benefits if they break up?

Sorry, but your husband is wrong. He will get an RFE asking for a Joint Sponsor. You will not get a visa without a Joint Sponsor.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully you will find a Joint Sponsor.

My sister won't sign for me for these very same reasons. She doesn't know my fiance, she doesn't trust her and she doesn't want to be on the hook for 10 years if anything goes wrong.

But here's something your husband should tell anyone he asks. Because I've found that close friends are more likely to do this than some relatives are!

He needs to explain the situation to them that they will be responsible ONLY for the following:

If you take "means-tested benefits" from the government - they would be repsonsible to pay the government back for that - for up to 10 years OR until you become a citizen.

However, you will not be legally eligible to receive any governmental "means-tested" benefits for the first 5 years that you are here.

And, since you are marrying an American citizen you will be eligible for citizenship in 2 years and 9 months. And the minute you become a citizen they are off the hook.

So that means that the co-sponsor will in reality never be on the hook for anything - as long as you are genuine in your desire to be with this man and as long as you will stay with him up until the time you become an American citizen.

So trust does play a role. I've never been especially close to my sister so basically she doesn't trust me and therefore doesn't know whether or not she can trust my fiance. So she refused to do it.

However, I have close friends who I am much closer to and who do trust me and my judgment. I've also kept them informed about what's going on with my fiance and they trust her too. So as long as someone trusts your fiance and through him feel that they can trust you - then he should be able to find someone willing to do it - once he explains that there really is no risk to them at all.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with the advice here that if his income was lacking last year solely because of insufficient hours, which has since been fixed, get a letter from his employer stating that he was on part time status in 2013 and is now on full time status with an anticpated annual income of XXXXX ,and that they expect his status to remain full time for the foreseeable future.

As for protection of his SSN, remember that the United States Government issued it, and that is all who you will be showing his SSN to. His bank and his job all have it, and they are not even US Govt. It is just as secure with the State Department as it is with the IRS and Social Security Administration.

Hello everybody! my husband and i is having a hard time filling for affidavit of support, he has 27,000 for 2011, 10,000 for 2012 and 14,000 for 2013, We have the household of 3, so if i am not mistaken household for 3 should be 24, 731 USD this means we need to have a co sponsor i.am telling him to try to ask help from his relatives but he don't want to do it he is going to send the affidavit package to NVC with just 14,000 for 2013, he is saying that it is so hard and uncomfortable to anyone to just send out copies of SSN and W-2's, My question is, it really risky for an american to send copies of their SSN and W-2s? I am a little disappointed with my husband about this because i know papers will going back to us asking for a co sponsor and it will going to cause delays again. Please can somebody enlighten me and make me understand why my husband is saying that its not easy to ask anybody to send out copies of their SSN and W-2's,

We had a same experience. Household of 3, though we only submitted my husbands one ITR which was 2012. His income was only $15,000.00. We only had 4k in our bank account and no assets. NVC sent us RFE and advising us to look for co-sponsor. It's really hard for him to ask his Dad who is the only qualified person who could help us in this matter. He is willing to help us, but my husband didn't want due to personal reasons and bad past experience with his old man (well they weren't in good terms after his parents divorced). It's not easy to convince him but i explained to him the importance of asking his dad's help coz if not, there's a big possibility that our application will be denied. Try to talk to him again, even he'll submit the documents you had, they will still deny it and the process will be delayed. You have to prove to the consul that you'll not become a liable once you get here in US.

BTW, after giving him the advantage of getting a co-sponsor and the assurance that his Dad will really be a big help to us, my husband, finally step down and asked his old man (who's earning was more than 90k a year). I just brought my father-in-law's AOS during the interview and without further question the Consul approved my visa. Now i'm here in US with my husband for almost 8 months, and enjoying everything with my hubby and our son.

congratulation nell82, i'm going to talk to him again about this and share to him all the story that have been shared in this topic, maybe he finally change his mind.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

It sounds like he earns enough right now. Try to get a letter from HR. If it didn't work, he has to man up and ask for help. It can be hard, but he gotta do what he gotta do. Good luck :thumbs:

Married May 2011

10/07/2011: NOA1

12/15/2011: NOA2

01/12/2012: NVC case number arrived

01/13/2012: DS-3032 emailed

01/27/2012: Barcode arrived via e-mail

03/06/2012: I-864&DS-230 sent together

03/13/2012: RFE

04/16/2012: Additional documents sent

05/02/2012: NVC case complete

05/14/2012: Medical

06/04/2012: Interview--->approved

06/05/2012: Visa arrived in mail

LAX POE Review

Hi tell your man to put his pride on the side and ask for one of his people to help him out believe me they will cuz they want to meet you or is he hiding something from you? good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.