McBy

NOA2 in 7 working days after NOA1?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, has anybody heard of NOA2 after 7 working days? Just wondering...

4/29 - I-129f Sent to TX Lockbox

4/30 - Received as per USPS tracking

5/5 - Received NOA1 thru txt and email

5/6 - Alien Registration Number Changed

5/9 - Received NOA1 by mail

5/12 - RFE

5/19 - Submitted docs for RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/12 - NVC Received, case number ok

6/13 - In Transit to Consulate

6/17 - "Ready" for interview

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

7/18 - Interview APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not impossible I guess. I do remember reading a thread here earlier in the year from someone who had seen the whole process through - from NOA1 to approval in 6 weeks.

It would seem very rare indeed but does demonstrate the gross disparity in case timelines.

I surprised her with a proposal in Los Angeles, and this is how it went down!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

OP/beneficiary is from Phillipines so it's entirely possible since they receive automatic expedite status due to the typhoon at the end of last year. One news site reported "More than 14 million people had their lives torn apart and more than five million lost their homes."

I've read some members think this practice isn't fair but personally, I fully support their applications jumping to the top of the stack considering the circumstances.

Edited by belandnyc

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-02-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-08

NVC Received : 2014-04-22

NVC Left : 2014-04-24

Consulate Received : 2014-04-25

Interview Date : 2014-06-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-06-10

McBy, were you concerned with the typhoon? Did you meet your fiance before it happened?

I didn't see any comment about it from the phillipinos on here. I find it hard to imagine what is the current situation. The news don't cover it anymore.

Yes, I believe the beneficiary is from the Philippines and got expedited due Yolanda typhoon. There was also a member who got NOA-2 in 5 (?) days after NOA-1. But someone can stand and corrected me wrong.

OP/beneficiary is from Phillipines so it's entirely possible since they receive automatic expedite status due to the typhoon at the end of last year. One news site reported "More than 14 million people had their lives torn apart and more than five million lost their homes."

I've read some members think this practice isn't fair but personally, I fully support their applications jumping to the top of the stack considering the circumstances.

I couldn't said better!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There was a time when Cuban beneficiaries got NOA-2 in 7, 10, and 15 days. Not sure if that is still the case.

That Typhoon was a terrible event for millions on the ground, yet a wonderful thing for K-1 and IR-1/CR-1 beneficiaries.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Personally I would rather wait my time and not be a Yolanda victim.

So it is not like these people are getting something for nothing.

Personally I would rather wait my time and not be a Yolanda victim.

So it is not like these people are getting something for nothing.

Well said.

Edited by Denawhitemd

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are lots of expedites for victims of Yolanda in the Philippines .... you may be riding the wave! ;)

Next NVC and getting your MNL # (follow the flashing arrow for details)

Jump over to the Phillipines forum for answers related to the process in Manila.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I got my NOA2 in 13 days. It's possible to get it that soon.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.