thailen

Do filipinas have an easier time getting a tourist visa?

63 posts in this topic

My filipina girl friend speaks English very well. Does that give her an advantage in getting to the U.S.?

Actually that may hurt her chances as she would more easily be able to adapt to a life in the US. A single, young female from one of the poorer countries will find it very hard to get a tourist visa. Too many people from the PI have received a tourist visa and not left, so the Embassy in the PI looks at the ties each person has very carefully. She needs to show the IO why she would not remain in the US

She will pay for the sins of those that have gone before her. Have her apply and see what happens. It only costs the visa application fee.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

I should have added that she has an 8 year old daughter and that I can get her a letter from a registered Louisiana company requesting her employment as a manager in the company, since she is studying for a BBA degree at an accredited Thai university. She also has an ESL training certificate.

Filed: Timeline

letters and daughters do not guarantee that she would leave the US...if, for example, she has one of those ever popular 'mind changes' and marries you shortly after picking up her luggage, she (and you) can petition for said daughter.....and a letter does not and cannot prove the intentions of any applicant, nor can such a letter control her actions.....the only thing a letter 'proves' is that someone sat down at a computer, spun up Word and typed a letter....nothing more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Majority of the Filipino people can speak english fluently.

More than most Americans then.

I should have added that she has an 8 year old daughter and that I can get her a letter from a registered Louisiana company requesting her employment as a manager in the company, since she is studying for a BBA degree at an accredited Thai university. She also has an ESL training certificate.

She wants a Tourist or Work Visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whatever visa can get her in the US.

Hi Thailen,

I agree with Dave&Roza that the visitor visa might be problematic for her to obtain.

Based on what you've wrote, perhaps the K1 visa might be a good fit? Or marry her now and chase that visa. The company that has expressed interest in her working for them will need to sponsor her; at least that's my understanding.

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Whatever visa can get her in the US.

Why does she want to come here, what does she want to do when she gets here?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Lol If Fluency of the english language is an advantage for a Flipina to have visa...maybe then im not patiently waiting on my I130 visa, i should have applied by myself so i can be with my husband the soonest...and maybe then a lot of filipinos are now in US...and even people around the world who can speak English.

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.