Lui&Moi

April 2014 Aos Filers

1,390 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Soo just to make sure, the whole "if you don't receive your appointment letter within 30 days of it being mailed" thing, that doesn't mean if it doesn't arrive within 30 days of online status change, does it? It's been 4 weeks since my status changed to testing and interview but that just means I'm on the list to get a date, correct? Just wondering if I should call or keep waiting patiently, the immigration office here looked very busy with at least 25 people there for biometrics when I was there so I imagine there's a lot of people waiting for interview dates but still I'd hate to miss the interview if I never got the notice in the mail and just keep thinking it's normal to wait that long

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I called on my 30th day and the started a case they say they will get back at me in 15 days or less

Soo just to make sure, the whole "if you don't receive your appointment letter within 30 days of it being mailed" thing, that doesn't mean if it doesn't arrive within 30 days of online status change, does it? It's been 4 weeks since my status changed to testing and interview but that just means I'm on the list to get a date, correct? Just wondering if I should call or keep waiting patiently, the immigration office here looked very busy with at least 25 people there for biometrics when I was there so I imagine there's a lot of people waiting for interview dates but still I'd hate to miss the interview if I never got the notice in the mail and just keep thinking it's normal to wait that long

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

On our status change notification it gave the date of the interview. Does yours have a date?

Adding my case, I'm an April filer

4/18/14: I-485, EAD, AP sent by lawyer

4/22/18: received by uscis

4/29/14: received receipts for I-485, I-797C, I-130, and I-131 in mail

5/2/14: biometrics notice in mail for 5/29/14

5/6/14: early biometrics walk-in successful

5/22/14: I-485 status changed to "testing & scheduling", all other still in initial review

5/29/14: status on I-485 was updated, but nothing new, same message as of 5/22

Still waiting...

Mine is the same. First update to T&I on 5/9. 5/29 updated again but no change. Don't understand why they did that. But I didn't get notification for the second update.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline

No there's no date and I didn't get a notification really, just saw it on the USCIS website. I did go on the website to check my status today though and saw that my Employment Authorization card is in production so that's something :)

On our status change notification it gave the date of the interview. Does yours have a date?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Biometrics done more than 3 weeks ago and still no update on anything :/

I had mine done exactly 3 weeks ago today. Nothing changed :( My Aos is still in Acceptance and EAD in Inital Review.. The last update was on may 1rst.. ugh it's so stressfull!

Also.. I updated my timeline.. somehow it doesn't show up? I'm confused lol :)

Edited by SouthernBelle*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Got the notification today for EAD card production order and AP approval !!! :luv::content::star:

AOS from K1

04/04/14 - USCIS received date

04/08/14 - Fingerprint fee accepted

04/09/14 - USCIS Noa1 notice date and check cashed next day

04/11/14 - Got text/e-mail notification for I-485, I-131 and I-765 at 1:09 a.m. & check cleared in the morning

05/06/14 - Fingerprint done

06/12/14 - EAD card production date & AP approval date

06/20/14 - Received EAD/AP Combo card in hand + text/email notice for delivery status :lol:

07/14/14 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case dated 07/10/14

02/24/15 - Renewal EAD/AP Noa Date

03/18/15 - Requested help from Ombudsman

03/19/15 - One fingerprint done for EAD renewal

03/25/15 - Requested help from Senator

04/01/15 - Case has been transferred to field office in Columbus, Ohio

04/09/15 - Card was ordered

04/16/15 - Card mailed

04/18/15 - Received GC in hands finally! (no welcome notice)

ROC

02/21/17 - Sent package to VSC

02/23/17 - Package delivered 

03/30/17 - Finger print done

N 400

01/10/18 - Online application sent

01/11/18 - NOA Receipt PDF posted online

01/13/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled status (wait for PDF)

01/13/18 - NOA Receipt delivered

01/16/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled PDF uploaded

02/01/18 - Fingerprint done (get text & email alert but no update + estimated time changed to 4 months)

02/02/18 - Case status changed to We review your biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Got the notification today for EAD card production order and AP approval !!! :luv::content::star:

Congrats! Our timelines are very similar - I hope we're next!

K-1:

I-129F Sent : 2013-10-31, I-129F NOA1 : 2013-11-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-11-20, NVC Received : 2013-12-09

Consulate Received: 2013-12-13, Packet 3 Received : 2013-12-23

Medical: 2013-01-13, Interview Date : 2014-01-21

Interview Result : Approved luv.gif , POE: 2014-03-27 (SFO)

Wedding: 2014-03-28 :luv:

SSN Applied for: 2014-04-09, SSN Recieved: 2014-04-16

AOS/EAD/AP:

Date Filed : 2014-04-04, NOA1: 2014-04-07

Bio Appt: 2014-05-05, Testing&Interview Status: 2014-05-13

Online Status updated with interview date: 2014-06-18

EAD Card in Production Status: 2014-06-19

Interview Checklist Received: 2014-06-19

EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 2014-06-21

Interview Date: 2014-07-21 -->Descheduled July 16th :angry:

Interview Rescheduled to 2014-08-18 --> Approved on the spot! :dancing:

ROC:

Date Filed : 2016-06-05, NOA1: 2016-06-08

Biometrics: 2016-07-XX (can't remember)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats! Our timelines are very similar - I hope we're next!

Thank you :)

I think yours are coming soon

Good Luck :dance:

AOS from K1

04/04/14 - USCIS received date

04/08/14 - Fingerprint fee accepted

04/09/14 - USCIS Noa1 notice date and check cashed next day

04/11/14 - Got text/e-mail notification for I-485, I-131 and I-765 at 1:09 a.m. & check cleared in the morning

05/06/14 - Fingerprint done

06/12/14 - EAD card production date & AP approval date

06/20/14 - Received EAD/AP Combo card in hand + text/email notice for delivery status :lol:

07/14/14 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case dated 07/10/14

02/24/15 - Renewal EAD/AP Noa Date

03/18/15 - Requested help from Ombudsman

03/19/15 - One fingerprint done for EAD renewal

03/25/15 - Requested help from Senator

04/01/15 - Case has been transferred to field office in Columbus, Ohio

04/09/15 - Card was ordered

04/16/15 - Card mailed

04/18/15 - Received GC in hands finally! (no welcome notice)

ROC

02/21/17 - Sent package to VSC

02/23/17 - Package delivered 

03/30/17 - Finger print done

N 400

01/10/18 - Online application sent

01/11/18 - NOA Receipt PDF posted online

01/13/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled status (wait for PDF)

01/13/18 - NOA Receipt delivered

01/16/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled PDF uploaded

02/01/18 - Fingerprint done (get text & email alert but no update + estimated time changed to 4 months)

02/02/18 - Case status changed to We review your biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

I'm getting nervous, really. I finished my biometrics on April 24, which is almost 7 weeks ago. And all I have is testing and interview status and touched case on may 29. I start be really anxious about all that. But i'm afraid to call USCIS, so they dont get mad or smth. I'm worry, and too inpatient. SO BAD!!!! :sleepy:

Every path takes time, wisdom, passion and patience! Have fun along the way!

Timeline

I'm getting nervous, really. I finished my biometrics on April 24, which is almost 7 weeks ago. And all I have is testing and interview status and touched case on may 29. I start be really anxious about all that. But i'm afraid to call USCIS, so they dont get mad or smth. I'm worry, and too inpatient. SO BAD!!!! :sleepy:

Your status changed to testing and interview like 20 days ago.... thats nothing :D look, there are people that are in this phase for MONTHS... i mean like 3-5 months. Just because it changed to testing and interview, does not mean you will get an interview soon. I know its sad, but i'm in the same boat. I had my biometrics done 5 weeks ago and i'm still in ACCEPTANCE... mine didn't even change to testing and interview yet. Don't freak out, your perfectly fine. They have most likely sent your case to your local office and now your are in the queue for an interview date. Depending on your office, it can tage 1 week to 5 months to get an appointment. My office is in Atlanta and the waiting time there is somewhat 5-6 months... Check out the times for your office and you will see how long other applicants wait.

And regardless of the fact that calling USCIS wont make the mad, they will not be able to tell you anything. They seriously just repeat what the ''case status page'' says... they read it out to you(!!). At least thats my experience. If it makes you feel better, call them :) they get calls all the time and wont even care who you are and why you call... trust me.

I had mine done exactly 3 weeks ago today. Nothing changed :( My Aos is still in Acceptance and EAD in Inital Review.. The last update was on may 1rst.. ugh it's so stressfull!

Also.. I updated my timeline.. somehow it doesn't show up? I'm confused lol :)

I see we have the same field office... Did your status change to testing and interview yet? Unfortunately you also have Atlanta, like i do.... there is an Atlanta filers thread... check it out and see how long they (we) wait :P 5-6 months...

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

AOS filed: 04/04/14

Files received: 04/09/14

NOA1: 04/15/14

Biometrics letter: 04/18/14

Biometrics completed: 05/13/14

EAD shipped: 06/19/14

Potential interview waiver: 07/11/14

Unsuccessful Infopass: 08/11/14

Third expedite request approved: 08/26/14

GC in production: 08/26/14

GC received: 03/09/14

Enlistment oath for the US ARMY 28/10/14

Timeline

Sorry for the double post, no idea how to delete a post D:

Edited by MichelleNGeorge

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

AOS filed: 04/04/14

Files received: 04/09/14

NOA1: 04/15/14

Biometrics letter: 04/18/14

Biometrics completed: 05/13/14

EAD shipped: 06/19/14

Potential interview waiver: 07/11/14

Unsuccessful Infopass: 08/11/14

Third expedite request approved: 08/26/14

GC in production: 08/26/14

GC received: 03/09/14

Enlistment oath for the US ARMY 28/10/14

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Thank you. I am just getting in the wave of all people that do worry))) here everybody worries. Plus, my office isnt that busy, our frinds recieved their eads 2 weeks after biometrics were done. This is why i am in sone kind of confusion. I dont want to say that nobody worries its just about timeline that usually takes much faster here. But we'll see. Every case is very individual. Maybe they won't call for the intervew, ahahhaha. Just kidding. Thanks for support. will wait as all of us. I hope soon it will start moving on

Your status changed to testing and interview like 20 days ago.... thats nothing :D look, there are people that are in this phase for MONTHS... i mean like 3-5 months. Just because it changed to testing and interview, does not mean you will get an interview soon. I know its sad, but i'm in the same boat. I had my biometrics done 5 weeks ago and i'm still in ACCEPTANCE... mine didn't even change to testing and interview yet. Don't freak out, your perfectly fine. They have most likely sent your case to your local office and now your are in the queue for an interview date. Depending on your office, it can tage 1 week to 5 months to get an appointment. My office is in Atlanta and the waiting time there is somewhat 5-6 months... Check out the times for your office and you will see how long other applicants wait.

And regardless of the fact that calling USCIS wont make the mad, they will not be able to tell you anything. They seriously just repeat what the ''case status page'' says... they read it out to you(!!). At least thats my experience. If it makes you feel better, call them :) they get calls all the time and wont even care who you are and why you call... trust me.

I see we have the same field office... Did your status change to testing and interview yet? Unfortunately you also have Atlanta, like i do.... there is an Atlanta filers thread... check it out and see how long they (we) wait :P 5-6 months...

Every path takes time, wisdom, passion and patience! Have fun along the way!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you. I am just getting in the wave of all people that do worry))) here everybody worries. Plus, my office isnt that busy, our frinds recieved their eads 2 weeks after biometrics were done. This is why i am in sone kind of confusion. I dont want to say that nobody worries its just about timeline that usually takes much faster here. But we'll see. Every case is very individual. Maybe they won't call for the intervew, ahahhaha. Just kidding. Thanks for support. will wait as all of us. I hope soon it will start moving on

We're all on the same boat. I check my status on USCIS website every hour even though I know I have to wait. If you check EAD immigration time lines on here a lot of people who got NOA in late March and early April have been receiving approvals in the past few days. We're almost there. Patience is a virtue.

K-1 Timeline

K-1 Interview Result: APPROVED!

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765: 04/14/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 delivered by USPS: 04/15/2014

Check cashed by USCIS: 04/19/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.