Lui&Moi

April 2014 Aos Filers

1,390 posts in this topic

My wife received her Green Card today! Woohoo! So, what are the next steps? Thanks in advance!

Go Pokes!!!

Congrats on your green card!

*Missing Laos here*

Went to SSN office here...yup, it's gonna take another long 4 weeks. I wish we had known to apply for SSN when his visa hadn't expired yet! (he came just a week before it did ;P)

Edited by Sally Elle

goofy.gif Our K-1 progress luv.gifrose.gifrose.gif

I-129F Filed ~ 1/21/14

NAO1 text/email: 1/27/14

NAO2 hardcopy: 2/18/14

Case sent from NVC to London: 3/4/14

Case received by US Embassy: 3/6/14

CEAC status changed to "ready": 3/7/14

Package 3 date: 3/17/14

Medical: 5/14/14

CEAC status update: 5/19/14

Readiness Form: 5/29/14

CEAC status update: 6/4/14

Interview: 6/27/14 (APPROVED!!!)

Visa pick-up: 7/9/14 <3

AOS received: 4/21/15

Biometrics: 5/20/15

EAD letter received: 7/6/15

• 3 weeks later...

Today we had the status change to August 11,2015 your card has been mailed.

Filed AOS 04/01/14 ....16 months and 10 days later.

K-1

12/09/13 POE-LAX

02/28/14 WEDDING

AOS

03/24/14 SENT BY ATTORNEY

04/01/14 RECEIVED

04/05/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

04/07/14 NOTICE DATE

05/05/14 BIOMETRICS

06/06/14 EAD

07/10/14 NPIW

07/20/15 GOT TEXT 07/18/15 NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!

07/20/15 WELCOME NOTICE SENT AND REGISTERED PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS

07/25/15 RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE IN MAIL BOX

08/11/15 CARD MAILED

08/13/15 CARD IN HAND! 16 MONTHS AND 12 DAYS

ROC

05/01/17 MAILED BOX/APPLICATION

05/02/17 APP RECEIVED AT CSC

05/11/17 CHECK CASHED

05/12/17 NOA1 DATED 05/02/17

05/20/17 BIOMETRICS 06/01/17

06/01/17 BIO DONE!

Congratulation MovinOn. My case (from 24 april 2014) was aproved this friday and I still waiting the welcome notice on my mail box but at least, it's moving for everyone of us ! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Today we had the status change to August 11,2015 your card has been mailed.

Filed AOS 04/01/14 ....16 months and 10 days later.

Congrats!

Congratulation MovinOn. My case (from 24 april 2014) was aproved this friday and I still waiting the welcome notice on my mail box but at least, it's moving for everyone of us ! :)

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats! Same here. My status was updated Monday to Card was produced and then on Tuesday to Welcome Letter was Mailed. Mine took 15.5 months from NOA1.

K1 Visa Adjustment of Status

Consulate : Hong Kong, China CIS Office : Cincinnati OH

I-129F Sent : 2013-07-24 Initial Processing Center : MSC

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-08-06 Case Transferred to: NSC (According to Case Status)

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-10-04 Date Filed : 2014-04-22

NVC Received : 2013-11-08 NOA Date : 2014-04-29

Consulate Received : 2013-11-19 RFE : 2014-05-19

Packet 3 Received : 2013-11-21 Bio. Appt. : 2014-05-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2013-12-03 RFE Returned : 2014-05-24

Packet 4 Received : 2013-12-21 RFE Received (Online Status Change). : 2014-05-29

Interview Date : 2014-01-14 EAD Approved : 2014-06-27

Interview Result : Approved EAD Card Produced : 2014-07-02

Visa Issued : 2014-01-22 EAD Card Received : 2014-07-05

Visa Received : 2014-01-25 Potential Interview Waiver Letter Dated : 2014-08-13

US Entry : 2014-03-13 Potential Interview Waiver Letter Received : 2014-08-18

POE: ORD (Chicago O'hare) EAD Renewal NOA : 2015-05-07

Time at Primary Inspection : 5 min EAD Renewal Biometric : 2015-06-02

Time at Secondary Inspection : 15 min AoS Out of Normal Processing Time Request Filed : 2015-06-18

Marriage : 2014-04-07 (L) EAD Expedition Request Filed : 2015-06-19

Infopass Appointment : 2015-06-25 (Useful: received info of IO assignment and field office location)

EAD (Expedited) RFE Received : 2015-06-26

EAD (Expedited) RFE Faxed (as instructed) : 2015-06-26

EAD (Expedited) Approved : 2015-07-01

EAD Card Mailed : 2015-07-16

AoS RFE : 2015-07-17 (Redo Medical)

EAD Card Received : 2015-07-18

AoS RFE Received : 2015-07-23 (Redo Medical)

AoS RFE Sent : 2015-08-04 (Medical)

AoS Approved : 2015-08-10

Green Card Mailed : 2015-08-24

Green Card Received : 2015-08-26

Timeline

Congrats! Same here. My status was updated Monday to Card was produced and then on Tuesday to Welcome Letter was Mailed. Mine took 15.5 months from NOA1.

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Fellow VJ's,

Husband and I decided to call USCIS customer service line to get any new update on our case or talk to an officer last Tuesday - 4th.

Waiting since April/14 - Waiver Letter July/14!

Talked to the officer explained our case/long process; she stated she would put a request to the field office for any new update. She confirmed they were already working on cases filed Feb 2015! She obviously noticed something wasn't right. At first she was going to send a request to our local Atlanta field office but we explained the infopass appt was there but no further info was given since our case was in an other state. We thought our case was in Lees Summit, MO since the employment card/waiver letter came from there. Officer agreed to send update request to the MO office and advised for us to wait 2 weeks for an email notification/case status. Waited two weeks checked our email today and indeed received 3 separate USCIS emails confirming the following:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
On August 14, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number - , and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to - to give us your new mailing address.
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

" Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Your Case Status: Decision
On August 14, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number -. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by October 13, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go to - to give us your new mailing address. During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."

After noticing we received this last update in our email this evening; we decided to hear our voice mails and come to find out an officer from the Cleveland, OH Immigration office called to let my husband know yesterday that we should be receiving a notice or a decision in the mail within 3 weeks; if in 3 weeks we don't receive anything "please, please" contact the customer service number again. She stated our case is there and they would try to work on it today; she apologized for any inconvenience they may have caused and thanked us for our patience; they will do their best to adjudicate his case asap.

Not sure how we went from thinking our case was in Lees Summit to Cleveland??? :bonk:

We're just thankful something is getting done and he should be receiving his card soon! :D:dance::yes:

Can anyone please explain what's highlighted in red; is there a registration or ADIT (not sure of meaning)?

Also for anyone that just received their card who waited just as long as we have; is the card only valid for two years with conditions? Not sure of the process after the issue of green card... :help:

Again appreciate everyone's help now and throughout the years of process... :)

Timeline

Hello Fellow VJ's,

Husband and I decided to call USCIS customer service line to get any new update on our case or talk to an officer last Tuesday - 4th.

Waiting since April/14 - Waiver Letter July/14!

Talked to the officer explained our case/long process; she stated she would put a request to the field office for any new update. She confirmed they were already working on cases filed Feb 2015! She obviously noticed something wasn't right. At first she was going to send a request to our local Atlanta field office but we explained the infopass appt was there but no further info was given since our case was in an other state. We thought our case was in Lees Summit, MO since the employment card/waiver letter came from there. Officer agreed to send update request to the MO office and advised for us to wait 2 weeks for an email notification/case status. Waited two weeks checked our email today and indeed received 3 separate USCIS emails confirming the following:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 14, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number - , and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to - to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

" Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On August 14, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number -. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by October 13, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go to - to give us your new mailing address. During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."

After noticing we received this last update in our email this evening; we decided to hear our voice mails and come to find out an officer from the Cleveland, OH Immigration office called to let my husband know yesterday that we should be receiving a notice or a decision in the mail within 3 weeks; if in 3 weeks we don't receive anything "please, please" contact the customer service number again. She stated our case is there and they would try to work on it today; she apologized for any inconvenience they may have caused and thanked us for our patience; they will do their best to adjudicate his case asap.

Not sure how we went from thinking our case was in Lees Summit to Cleveland??? :bonk:

We're just thankful something is getting done and he should be receiving his card soon! :D:dance::yes:

Can anyone please explain what's highlighted in red; is there a registration or ADIT (not sure of meaning)?

Also for anyone that just received their card who waited just as long as we have; is the card only valid for two years with conditions? Not sure of the process after the issue of green card... :help:

Again appreciate everyone's help now and throughout the years of process... :)

Congrats!

Congratulation VisaParaUnSueno !

I received the same red text last week. After some research, it seems it's a standard text they send (I think there is several standard text but they state the same things : we are registred). ADIT is a fancy name for a process that you have to go throw when your fingerprint were not already done. Since they took 16 months to accept our case, this part doesn't apply on us ;)

more info with better English : http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/adit-processing.html

And congratulation again ! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.