elvis9

hello to everyone. I need some help on getting to the USA

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I always wanted to live in USA. And now I found someone I really like, I have one more reason. My girl lives in California. I researched for the collage prices there, and turns out to be very expensive for me. If someone has information on how do I study for free in the US, please tell me. And about the engagement and marriage, not only doesn't really help with papers, but I think we are too young for that (I'm 19 and she's 17). I must find a way to visit USA, and after I visit I'd like to stay there permanently (apply for green card).

Usually students who pursue PhDs receive funding. However, to get into a PhD program at a university in the US, you must be from a top school in your country. I don't know if universities offer funding for Master students in Electrical Engineering. How far along are you in your program? You could start contacting schools for more information (visit their websites) and start contacting professors. You'd need to begin studying for the GRE (graduate school entrance exam), collecting transcripts, etc.

This is my first year in university of engeenering. Last year I finished high school. That's why I doubt I can find an employer

Make sure you do extremely well in your studies in college. Then, you have a chance of applying to graduate school in the US and receive funding.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I want to make something clear. First of all, thank u all for ur time and ur opinions

Secondly, my intention is to live and work in USA, LEGALY, confort to EVERY LAW.

Third, the main reason I'm trying to enter the US, is my gf. I'd do anything (legal) to meet her and manage to live with her. In case u don't know, Albania is a small country south-east of Europe, where life doesn't give u many opportunities. I know USA might be unknown for me, and difficult to face different problems, but when comes to people u care about, u don't mind if u have to get through difficulties.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I want to make something clear. First of all, thank u all for ur time and ur opinions

Secondly, my intention is to live and work in USA, LEGALY, confort to EVERY LAW.

Third, the main reason I'm trying to enter the US, is my gf. I'd do anything (legal) to meet her and manage to live with her. In case u don't know, Albania is a small country south-east of Europe, where life doesn't give u many opportunities. I know USA might be unknown for me, and difficult to face different problems, but when comes to people u care about, u don't mind if u have to get through difficulties.

If you get denied a tourist visa, another option is to visit in a 3rd country such as Canada or Mexico. Or, you can have her go to Albania to visit you or even visit somewhere in Europe. That way you two would have met. Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I always wanted to live in USA. And now I found someone I really like, I have one more reason. My girl lives in California. I researched for the collage prices there, and turns out to be very expensive for me. If someone has information on how do I study for free in the US, please tell me. And about the engagement and marriage, not only doesn't really help with papers, but I think we are too young for that (I'm 19 and she's 17). I must find a way to visit USA, and after I visit I'd like to stay there permanently (apply for green card).

Finish your Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in your Country, then give GRE and TOEFL,get a super duper scores in these exams. (You can also give those exams during your engineering) If you get a great score in those exams , then you can get scholarship for Masters in well-known universities in that way you don't have to pay much fees. If you get into good university for your Master, you can also get a job on campus like Teacher Assistant which will provide you enough money to spend a life in US and pay your fees during your stay. Once you finish your master from well known University you will be able to get a job in a Company which will sponsor you work visa and eventually fie for your green card. There is no such thing as Free study, it can get cheaper but in order to do that, you must have good GPA in your bachelors, Super duper score in GRE and TOEFL.

You are too young for Marriage and all at this moment. If you will go on fiancé visa route, then you won't be finishing your engineering in your country and you have to do that in US. And it will be very costly, you will be having at least 50-100K USD Debt when you finish your B.S. Not to mention cost of fiancé visa and after that AOS fees and all. So good thing for you to do is now focusing on your study and building a relationship with GF, if it works out then go for fiancé visa once you finish your bachelors if not then you can try student visa.

February 28- AOS package sent. ( I-130, I-485, I-765)
March 5- Package delivered to USCIS Chicago.
March 11- Email and text notification with Receipt Numbers.
March 14- Hardcopy of NOA1 for all three applications.
March 21- Received biometrics appointment letter for 04/04/2014
April 2 - Completed Walk in Biometrics appointment successfully. (Original Appointment was for 4th April)
April 9- I-485 Case status has been updated to " Testing & Interview "
April 16- Text and email alert for case update for AOS interview on 22nd May 2014.
April 18- Hardcopy of Interview notice received in mail.
May 22- AOS interview, approved on the spot and got stamp in my passport.
May 27 - Approval notice of I-130 and I-485 in mail.
May 29- Received GC in mail.

ROC Timeline:

03/28/2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

03/29/2016: Package delivered.

03/31/2016: cheque cached.

04/02/2016: Received NOA1 in mail, dated 03/29/2016.

04/13/2016: Received Biometrics notice for the date of 04/25/2016.

04/21/2016: Early walk in Biometrics

09/28/2016: Text and email alert about approval of ROC

10/06/2016: Received 10-years green card in mail

Filed: Country: Moldova
Timeline

You should look into Work & Travel programs in Albania. You've probably missed the deadline for this year, but can apply for next summer's program.

As a student enrolled in university in Albania you can get a J1 visa which will let you work for a summer in the US. I'm sure they are lots of companies advertising on your campus. I know a lot of students from Moldova who participated in the program and had good experiences. Just know that after paying all the fees and airfare you should expect to just break even because you will be working for around minimum wage. If you get a second job and work hard you can return to Albania with a few thousand dollars.

It is not a path to immigration, but it will let you see the US and hopefully meet your gf.

http://tirana.usembassy.gov/swtp.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

There is no EaSY and cheap way to immigrate (otherwise everyone would do it), there is NO FREE university education (otherwise would they not prefer to educate USA citizens versus non status foreigners) and there are NO FREE rides in this process. If you plan Is to scam a niece USA girl into marrying you then shame on you and I hope it blows up in you face. You are disparate and life here is not all rainbows and unicorns... It is expensive and hard work... There is no way for you to come as a tourist and live permanently . You need to make a success of your life wherever you are first, not rely on some ideal of the gold paved streets that you seem to think are over here... I will no longer participate and aide in the scamming of a young girl.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know if I can go to a high school in USA, even though I have finished high school in my country? And how much does that cost?

You would have to find a Private school that would accept you, and you would have to pay the tuition.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why??

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca