JedNik

9 months and still waiting for GC...

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey just wondering if anyone (June 2013 filer) is still waiting?

I filed my AOS June 10, got an RFE July 26, Biometrics July16 and have heard NOTHING since.
I would check the processing dates and my local office (Helena MT) was once on March 2013, and then back to Aug 2012, and then now it's at 4 months. I've called, and still haven't heard anything. They said they sent a service request, a few weeks ago but nothing yet.
I'm getting SUPER frustrated as I've gotten my EAD in Dec which I applied for in Oct, but haven't got my AP which also was filed in OCT. My sister is getting married in June and i'm just hoping I have my paperwork by then!

I went to apply for a job today with the USPS (postal service) and just my luck that you have to have permanent residency to get the job. My Employment authorization card isn't enough.

UGH!
Sorry for the rant, but i'm curious as if there's anyone out there in the same boat as us!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Nowadays most EAD's/AP's are combo cards. Have you checked your EAD? Does is say "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole" on the lower right hand side of the card?

As for processing times, I would guess you are in the midst of the backlog at the NBC. You could try to involve your local congressman or senator. There are lots of other members on here who are also waiting (some since the end of 2012).

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

I filed for my AOS on December 6th 2013 and my green card was approved 4th March 2014 (I think 88 days in total)

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Timeline

I filed for my AOS on December 6th 2013 and my green card was approved 4th March 2014 (I think 88 days in total)

You did not come on a K1 visa, did you (from your timeline I assume you didn't)? That is why you went through an interview at your local office. Many of us who have come to the States on a K1 visa are being waived from the interview and our cases stay at the NBC until they are approved, which unfortunately takes considerably longer than if we had had an interview at our local offices. I assume this is what is happening to OP.

Edited by HK12

K1 Visa

AOS

ROC

Dual Citizenship
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)

As HK12 stated, your AP is on your EAD card if you filed them together. Check the fine print on your card. As for waiting, it is hit or miss. There is a delay in general. We filed March 28th 2013. First, we received the "potential interview waiver letter" stating that our case might be delayed 6 months from the date of the letter. 6 months came and went. Put in service request and was given a letter basically stating the same thing except the delay was supposedly 6 months from the date of this letter now. That wasn't going to cut it so I requested again a month later. I got a new letter vaguely stating nothing but our case is "pending adjudication" sorry about the delays blah blah blah. On the other hand, there are people who filed after us and got approved already. Some, if not all, had interviews which generally speeds up the process. Still, this claim of adjudicating cases as they are received is apparently wrong and irrelevant. Being patient is not a problem for us. I've kept my mouth shut knowing what to expect. However, the lack of transparency and vagueness in excuses for delays is simply wrong. What a mess.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey just wondering if anyone (June 2013 filer) is still waiting?

I filed my AOS June 10, got an RFE July 26, Biometrics July16 and have heard NOTHING since.

I would check the processing dates and my local office (Helena MT) was once on March 2013, and then back to Aug 2012, and then now it's at 4 months. I've called, and still haven't heard anything. They said they sent a service request, a few weeks ago but nothing yet.

I'm getting SUPER frustrated as I've gotten my EAD in Dec which I applied for in Oct, but haven't got my AP which also was filed in OCT. My sister is getting married in June and i'm just hoping I have my paperwork by then!

I went to apply for a job today with the USPS (postal service) and just my luck that you have to have permanent residency to get the job. My Employment authorization card isn't enough.

UGH!

Sorry for the rant, but i'm curious as if there's anyone out there in the same boat as us!

First off, the AP you should've DEF received by now...Mine I applied for on November 18th, and exactly at the 90 day mark I hadn't received it, so I started calling USCIS every single morning at 9am and documented exactly who I spoke with. I then filed for Ombudsman, (which I recommend you do), I also contacted our areas senator and congressman...Within 4 days of doing this - my card was in "production"....not sure if it was a coincidence OR if my reaching out made it faster, but you have rights and should fight every way to get them.

I am getting my GC interview april 10th, which will make 5 months since we applied for AOS/AP/EAD...So I am SO sorry you're having to wait this long, if it were me I would lose my SH*T.

I would recommend contacting people higher up, ESP in regards to the AP because that is absolutely ridiculous...Unless there is an issue with your case?

Hopefully this helps, and I applaud you for being so patient!

Hi All,

I'm in kind of a horrible state of mind right now. We had out Interview on Jan 27th 2014. The officer mentioned that civil surgeon had forgotten to mark some of the test results on the first page. I immediately asked her if I should submit the form again from the Civil Sugeon and she said she will call the doctor and clarify.

2 week after this we receive and (Notice of Intent to Deny ) that out application will be denied if we do not submit the medical records all filled out correctly within 30 days. And we sent them from the Doctor or sealed up on the same day. Its been 4 weeks since we did that and we have not got any updated information :(

Can anyone here tell me what I can do. ?

Nowadays most EAD's/AP's are combo cards. Have you checked your EAD? Does is say "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole" on the lower right hand side of the card?

As for processing times, I would guess you are in the midst of the backlog at the NBC. You could try to involve your local congressman or senator. There are lots of other members on here who are also waiting (some since the end of 2012).

No, my card says in the right hand corner "not valid for re-entry" bummer that I didn't get a 2 in one deal!! I got excited for a second ha!

I could try and contact the senator/congressman. Don't know how easy they are to get ahold of but definitely worth the try! Thanks for the suggestion!

But I do feel that we are just in the backlog. My fiance (k1) visa took 9 months to approve instead of the 5 months. ANd now i'm at 9 months again! Think I filed just at a bad time!

You did not come on a K1 visa, did you (from your timeline I assume you didn't)? That is why you went through an interview at your local office. Many of us who have come to the States on a K1 visa are being waived from the interview and our cases stay at the NBC until they are approved, which unfortunately takes considerably longer than if we had had an interview at our local offices. I assume this is what is happening to OP.

I did come on a k1 visa...may have to check to see what my timeline says!

I did get a waiver saying I may NOT need an interview..but that was back in Nov so I still have a few months left to 'wait' it out. My sister is getting married in June back in canada, so i'm just hoping hoping I can have paperwork by then!

As HK12 stated, your AP is on your EAD card if you filed them together. Check the fine print on your card. As for waiting, it is hit or miss. There is a delay in general. We filed March 28th 2013. First, we received the "potential interview waiver letter" stating that our case might be delayed 6 months from the date of the letter. 6 months came and went. Put in service request and was given a letter basically stating the same thing except the delay was supposedly 6 months from the date of this letter now. That wasn't going to cut it so I requested again a month later. I got a new letter vaguely stating nothing but our case is "pending adjudication" sorry about the delays blah blah blah. On the other hand, there are people who filed after us and got approved already. Some, if not all, had interviews which generally speeds up the process. Still, this claim of adjudicating cases as they are received is apparently wrong and irrelevant. Being patient is not a problem for us. I've kept my mouth shut knowing what to expect. However, the lack of transparency and vagueness in excuses for delays is simply wrong. What a mess.

Ya, my card is just a work one only. (Not valid for re-entry) it says. Bummer !

Ya it is SO hit and miss, super random and inconsistent i've come to realize. I've been fairly patient, but today I went to apply for a job and couldn't get the job because i'm not a permanent resident...yet I have my EAD..go figure...... and I have a sister getting married in June so I don't want to be waiting the week before for my paperwork! Sucky! Immigration is a hassle! (BUT, so worth it, right!!)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Family-based AOS to Family-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS case status/progress~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

First off, the AP you should've DEF received by now...Mine I applied for on November 18th, and exactly at the 90 day mark I hadn't received it, so I started calling USCIS every single morning at 9am and documented exactly who I spoke with. I then filed for Ombudsman, (which I recommend you do), I also contacted our areas senator and congressman...Within 4 days of doing this - my card was in "production"....not sure if it was a coincidence OR if my reaching out made it faster, but you have rights and should fight every way to get them.

I am getting my GC interview april 10th, which will make 5 months since we applied for AOS/AP/EAD...So I am SO sorry you're having to wait this long, if it were me I would lose my SH*T.

I would recommend contacting people higher up, ESP in regards to the AP because that is absolutely ridiculous...Unless there is an issue with your case?

Hopefully this helps, and I applaud you for being so patient!

Thank you! I actually Just called the senate/congressman and they are going to 'push things'. I hope!! So thank you!! I normally wouldn'tcare about it taking this long but my sister is getting married in June and the LAST thing I want is to be sitting at home while she's off getting married!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm in kind of a horrible state of mind right now. We had out Interview on Jan 27th 2014. The officer mentioned that civil surgeon had forgotten to mark some of the test results on the first page. I immediately asked her if I should submit the form again from the Civil Sugeon and she said she will call the doctor and clarify.

2 week after this we receive and (Notice of Intent to Deny ) that out application will be denied if we do not submit the medical records all filled out correctly within 30 days. And we sent them from the Doctor or sealed up on the same day. Its been 4 weeks since we did that and we have not got any updated information :(

Can anyone here tell me what I can do. ?

You need to start your own thread

Ya, my card is just a work one only. (Not valid for re-entry) it says. Bummer !

Ya it is SO hit and miss, super random and inconsistent i've come to realize. I've been fairly patient, but today I went to apply for a job and couldn't get the job because i'm not a permanent resident...yet I have my EAD..go figure...... and I have a sister getting married in June so I don't want to be waiting the week before for my paperwork! Sucky! Immigration is a hassle! (BUT, so worth it, right!!)

Did you submit form I-131 when you submitted the I-485 and I-765?

Timeline

Edited by HK12

K1 Visa

AOS

ROC

Dual Citizenship

Timeline

I did come on a k1 visa...may have to check to see what my timeline says!

I did get a waiver saying I may NOT need an interview..but that was back in Nov so I still have a few months left to 'wait' it out. My sister is getting married in June back in canada, so i'm just hoping hoping I can have paperwork by then!

I was replying to QueenComley's post. See above. JedNik, I know you came on a K1, your timeline is fine smile.png

Edited by HK12

K1 Visa

AOS

ROC

Dual Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.