Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To be honest these day I'm feeling a bit down and out that my petition hasn't been approved yet or even having a transfer. It is a bit hard when I find others who's dates are past mine and are being approved. My PD is April 7. But I keep telling myself this process is long anyways, not point in crying over something I can not control. Next week if I do not get any sort of notification, I am planning on calling them and seeing if I can get any information on my petition other than the generic answer I have so far, "Case Received".

Hope the best for you, and hope that you get a quick approval.

To be honest as well you are still in the 5 month mark. So just give it a few more days then call If you don't here anything by the 7the of September. After that date you can call them back and do a enquiry on your case. Bless of luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Chrmar,

I am in the same boat. We were approved on August 11. They have been sending cases to NVC late sometimes 3 weeks after approval. This wait for them to send to NVC is worse for me. :cry::cry:

Sucks big time when you can see that other people get a confirmation that their cases were received 2 weeks from approval.

To be honest these day I'm feeling a bit down and out that my petition hasn't been approved yet or even having a transfer. It is a bit hard when I find others who's dates are past mine and are being approved. My PD is April 7. But I keep telling myself this process is long anyways, not point in crying over something I can not control. Next week if I do not get any sort of notification, I am planning on calling them and seeing if I can get any information on my petition other than the generic answer I have so far, "Case Received".

Hope the best for you, and hope that you get a quick approval.

Contgratulations!! :dancing::goofy::dancing:

Hopefully soon it will be transferred. Have you called to check on it?

Hopefully soon you and Chrmar cases will be transferred any day now. Wish you all luck. :)

Been calling the NVC twice a week. :(

Timeline

Sucks big time when you can see that other people get a confirmation that their cases were received 2 weeks from approval.

Been calling the NVC twice a week. :(

Hey guys I'm already in the NVC process so I truly understand y'all frustration about no response from NVC yet. But the best information I can give yall is to go ahead and get your stuff together that your going to have to send them (Birth certificates, I-864's, employment letters, marriage certificate, PR, etc....). Cause once you get the email with the case number and invoice number you can pay the fee's online. Once you pay it online you can call them immediately and they will document that you paid them. Then you will get several emails back to back with instructions. But you will at least be on top on the process and can start sending your paperwork in the NVC via Email, fax, or regular mail depending on the country. I hope this comment will help yall feel a lil bit and more in control of your case. Gud luck

Timeline

Hey guys I'm already in the NVC process so I truly understand y'all frustration about no response from NVC yet. But the best information I can give yall is to go ahead and get your stuff together that your going to have to send them (Birth certificates, I-864's, employment letters, marriage certificate, PR, etc....). Cause once you get the email with the case number and invoice number you can pay the fee's online. Once you pay it online you can call them immediately and they will document that you paid them. Then you will get several emails back to back with instructions. But you will at least be on top on the process and can start sending your paperwork in the NVC via Email, fax, or regular mail depending on the country. I hope this comment will help yall feel a lil bit and more in control of your case. Gud luck

Yeah, I guess we already have everything except for my police clearances. Will be working on it this week. I just hope the embassy will grant me a letter that I could present to apply for a police clearance here in Kuwait using the NOA2.

Timeline

Yeah, I guess we already have everything except for my police clearances. Will be working on it this week. I just hope the embassy will grant me a letter that I could present to apply for a police clearance here in Kuwait using the NOA2.

If you don't mind me asking but. Are you from Kuwait are some where else. Cause the reason I ask is because you should be able to just get one from the local police department in the town your in if your the applicant. The petitioners don't have to send in a PR. Im just enquiring so I can help your process to be a lil easier.

Timeline

If you don't mind me asking but. Are you from Kuwait are some where else. Cause the reason I ask is because you should be able to just get one from the local police department in the town your in if your the applicant. The petitioners don't have to send in a PR. Im just enquiring so I can help your process to be a lil easier.

I'm a Filipina beneficiary working in Kuwait for 7 years now and to apply for a police clearance here is you need to present to the CID a letter from the employer or the embassy that will require the said document.

Timeline

I'm a Filipina beneficiary working in Kuwait for 7 years now and to apply for a police clearance here is you need to present to the CID a letter from the employer or the embassy that will require the said document.

Oh ok got you now..... So you already got your PR from the Philippines as well then??? Cause they are going want one from there as well as from Kuwait.

Timeline

Oh ok got you now..... So you already got your PR from the Philippines as well then??? Cause they are going want one from there as well as from Kuwait.

Not yet. Planning to take a week leave just to take 1 after I apply the Kuwait ones that will take 10 working days to be released so by the time I'm back I should already have the Kuwait one ready. :)

Edited by chrmar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Guys !

As i am entering the NVC stage I wanted to clear up my doubts regarding the filing of AOS. As my wife is going to leave the job to join me here in my home country so she wont be filing as main sponser and her parents will be the joint sponsers. So i wanted to know what form do they have to fill up from the different versions of I-864. Also what is the family size to be considered for the income to be shown whether its just 2 people (My Wife and myself) or we have to consider all of her family members which include(parents, brother and sister).

Please let me know about it.

Thanks.

Your wife is still your sponsor even if she earns zero income. She still has to do the I-864.

If her parents are the joint sponsors and you are combining the income of both of them, one will do the I-864 as joint sponsor and the other parent will do I-864a as household member of joint sponsor. If one parent earns enough by himself or herself then they just need the I-864.

The joint sponsor's household size is you, the joint sponsor, the joint sponsor's wife and any dependants they have.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Your wife is still your sponsor even if she earns zero income. She still has to do the I-864.

If her parents are the joint sponsors and you are combining the income of both of them, one will do the I-864 as joint sponsor and the other parent will do I-864a as household member of joint sponsor. If one parent earns enough by himself or herself then they just need the I-864.

The joint sponsor's household size is you, the joint sponsor, the joint sponsor's wife and any dependants they have.

Okay. Thanks. I got it that my wife still has to file an I-864 with zero income. If we consider the household size described you then it is my wife , myself , her parents and 2 siblings who are dependant of the parents, right ?

Do you mean the same USCIS app? I have it but I didn't realize that it shows NVC transfer as well. How reliable is it? So no need to call NVC? Thanks.

Download the app. Works the best

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Glory be to Almighty Allah,I had RFE and I mailed Uscis back with what they request for on 23rd of August and they receive it by 24th of August.Now my I-130 was approved yesterday on 31st of August.Thanks God and I wish everyone that is waiting to be approve well and they should keep on praying cos everyone better day will come soonest.Amen

Glory be to Almighty Allah,I had RFE and I mailed Uscis back with what they request for on 23rd of August and they receive it by 24th of August.Now my I-130 was approved yesterday on 31st of August.Thanks God and I wish everyone that is waiting to be approve well and they should keep on praying cos everyone better day will come soonest.Amen

Okay. Thanks. I got it that my wife still has to file an I-864 with zero income. If we consider the household size described you then it is my wife , myself , her parents and 2 siblings who are dependant of the parents, right ?

Not your wife as she is not immigrating. Just you, her parents and their dependent children.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.