2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Poe is smooth non immigrant put there passport through a machimachine but as an immigrant you just show immigration your package and they will direct you to a window where they take you package and your passport they will give you back your passport you wait about 2 to 3 weeks for your Ssn. You pay for your green card online if you don't already did and you will receive it in about 6 weeks after payment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my POE will be Feb 4th.

how is it going with your case Lain.

Got LPR status through family in Feb 2017
travelled back to Nigeria in Aug 2017, got married
file i130 for wife and daughter in January 2018
Case transferred from CSC to NSC in July 2019
got RFE in Oct 2019.

next: waiting anxiously for the mail...

Timeline

that reminds me of my case.

I think the NVC stage needs to be reviewed by some superiors, they get things mixed up or misplaced at that stage which costs people money and time to resend.

got RFE in Oct 2019.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Guys,

My POE will be on January 20th JFK. I have already paid for my GC. The paper that come with my package says if for $167 but when I paid it online it charged $202. I guess the additional is taxes.

Timeline

it is now $202 no longer $167

got RFE in Oct 2019.

Hi Colleagues,

Thanks very much for the information.

For those who already settled and received their SSN, is it advisable to go to the social security office even though you are told to expect your SSN within 3 to 6 weeks?

Any advice would be helpful.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@OluwasenuA when I made the payment as I put in my A numbers and case number the the amount due was $220.00. I was confused myself of the additional $53.  I will post after I have made entry.

All the best everyone and thanks Jamaicankim!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.