2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

And my update is, that case isn't completed yet. Got checklist to submit my police certificate, which was actually included in my supporting documents package with it's English translation. It's not a big surprise, that this happens at NVC. Anyway, sent it again and waiting when they will finally complete it:-/

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats SweetV.

Still waiting on that Visa. The embassy called me on the 30th of November to say they just got my medical and they need my passport which they already have. I guess im not only one waiting from what I have read. The medicals are delaying the process. I am just hoping to get it before Christmas.

I pray things will work out speedily for you Lain!

I have not received my visa as yet as well. Like you I am hoping that it will arrive just in time to spend at least the new year with my family. I am pretty much set to start my new journey so I'm just waiting on the visa.

Timeline

Thank you so much SweetV! I think, that you already should get your visa on this week, so you definately will meet your family till holidays. I guess, no one knows the answer at my question about entering US, when your petitioner is on holidays(outside US), I would really appreciate an update from you on this question, when you'll get there:-)

I am hoping to get it as soon as possible Lain so that I can purchase my ticket. I am so ready to start my new journey...it has been a long time coming!

Thank you for your input Jamaicankim!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

got my visa approved today

Question:

who is calling you?

how did your petitioner get to USA?

when did your petitioner get her visa?

While he was typing, i told him there is an update to my case, he said what?

i told him i now have a daughter.

he looked shocked (probably he already clicked approve on the system)

so he asked, Are you married.

I said no

he then told me i could file for my daughter once i reach the united states

(that was the sweetest word i have heard in years)

you will have to drop off your passport and your medical report at this; circling an address on a white paper.

i tried very hard to say thank you only once when actually my mind was echoing thank you many times.

CEAC says Administrative Processing already.

Got LPR status through family in Feb 2017
travelled back to Nigeria in Aug 2017, got married
file i130 for wife and daughter in January 2018
Case transferred from CSC to NSC in July 2019
got RFE in Oct 2019.

next: waiting anxiously for the mail...

Timeline

Congratulations OluwaseunA, finaly! Very happy for you:-)

My case is delayed like it was yours, because of the checklist, but hope to get good news very soon too. Anyway, have a safe trip and let us know, what questions were asked at the port of entry, we would appreciate that:-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations OluwaseunA, finaly! Very happy for you:-)

My case is delayed like it was yours, because of the checklist, but hope to get good news very soon too. Anyway, have a safe trip and let us know, what questions were asked at the port of entry, we would appreciate that:-)

Thanks Lain.

with NVC, you just have to engage your mind with other things.

the wait can be killing.

Got LPR status through family in Feb 2017
travelled back to Nigeria in Aug 2017, got married
file i130 for wife and daughter in January 2018
Case transferred from CSC to NSC in July 2019
got RFE in Oct 2019.

next: waiting anxiously for the mail...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Good Morning, im happy to say my journey has ended after eight years. It was issued and ready for pick up. This was my Journey

Petition filed in August 2008

Case Complete June 23, 2016

Interview letter received September 28, 2016

Medical Done October 26,2016

Interview November 9,2008 (Approved)

Medical Delay puts case in AP

Medical received by the Embassy November 30,2016

Visa issued December 23,2016

N.B. sometimes your delay can be simple issues, hence AP isn't a nightmare all the time. The embassy called november 30th to informed me that my medical was with them. Weeks and no activity on the case. I emailed them on the 16th of December and embassy called me December 23 in response to my email and I spoke to the consulate Officer (very accommodating and polite) I stated clearly my concerns and I got immediate results. She called back two hours later to informed me that I could pick up my passport by 2:00pm at the embassy. requested to do so the following Wednesday.

Thanks you guys for being there with me on my journey. Good Luck everyone.

Merry Christmas

Edited by petals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.