VickyP

Who would rather be back home?

36 posts in this topic

Hey guys...,

I hope everybody is doing fine!!!

Am I alone or is there anybody else, that would rather be back home?

Sometimes I feel just like #######???

I am very happy in my marriage, we bough a beautiful house and I have a great job but it's just not my thing here?!?!?

Yeah, I have friends, I go out etc but still, I feel not home! I am not bitching or anything like that at home but I am just thinking...ok another day today...let me go to work and back home and let me get over with it again!

Is anybody feeling the same way???

See y'all!

Edited by VickyP

11/03/2011 ~ We got married heart.gif in Toender, Denmarkheart.gif

02/09/2012 ~ Arrived in the US ~ Port of entry Dallas Forth Worth, TX

03/02/2012 ~ Received Welcome Letter

03/14/2012 ~ Received Green Card in the Mail

11/18/2013 ~ Mailed I-751 Removal of conditions

11/22/2013 ~ Check cashed

11/25/2013 ~ NOA 1 receipt date 11/20/2013

12/02/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment 12/26/2013

12/26/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment done

09/12/2014~ Approved - Card in Productioin

09/15/2014~ Letter of approval received

09/20/2014~ Card received....yipiiiiieeeee

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys...,

I am very happy in my marriage, we bough a beautiful house and I have a great job but it's just not my thing here?!?!?

Yeah, I have friends, I go out etc but still, I feel not home! I am not bitching or anything like that at home but I am just thinking...ok another day today...let me go to work and back home and let me get over with it again!

See y'all!

My other half keeps wondering why I don't, and never have, suffered from homesickness. :huh:

My answer is simple. I am home. :)

I can find enough reminders of the Old Country, in stores, on the television and talking to family there. But my family is here and their smiles, their stories of school and life in general make each and every day special. As the saying goes, life is what you make it. My life is here, and so is my home.

How long have you been in the USA?

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

My other half keeps wondering why I don't, and never have, suffered from homesickness. huh.png

My answer is simple. I am home. smile.png

I can find enough reminders of the Old Country, in stores, on the television and talking to family there. But my family is here and their smiles, their stories of school and life in general make each and every day special. As the saying goes, life is what you make it. My life is here, and so is my home.

How long have you been in the USA?

February 2012. Only two years ...and I am seriously giving it a chance.

Maybe it's just the state??? I don't know honestly!

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

February 2012. Only two years ...and I am seriously giving it a chance.

Maybe it's just the state??? I don't know honestly!

I've been here just a bit longer than that. ;)

And it could be the State. I'm currently not where I want to be in the US and it sucks round here. :(

But when I moved to where the work was, I brought the family with me. If I had not, I seriously doubt I would have lasted more than six months, before I started getting restless at being away from them.

I can't offer much advice on coping, but I hope you find a way. :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I know my husband would rather be in Denmark. It isn't that we aren't happy or that his life in America is terrible, but rather Denmark is his ancestral home, he's surrounded by people from his extended family there, etc. It is partly why we tried Denmark first. He doesn't get homesick per se, but I think men are pretty adaptable that way.

I wish we could both be super happy somewhere, but he is not unhappy here (like I was in Denmark), so America is what it must be for now. I don't really have a solution for you. unsure.png

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Hey guys...,

See y'all!

Most people I know have that same routine, everyday. I'm not sure what you expected to be different. You say you have a happy marriage, nice house, you go out, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Are things really that different here than they were at home?

If it were up to me and me alone, we would move to Canada. But a marriage is about compromise and living in the US is a compromise I agreed to make.

If it were up to me and me alone, we would move to Canada. But a marriage is about compromise and living in the US is a compromise I agreed to make.

If it were up to me, we'd also be living in Canada, and I'm the USC. laughing.gif

Edited by Teddy B

Timeline

I detect some depression so was wanting to ask if you have in the past suffered from depression?

Hey guys...,

See y'all!

I detect some depression so was wanting to ask if you have in the past suffered from depression?

Nope never had any!

Checked that out too already, since I am not sure what's going on!

I always get recommendations to try another state.

Yeah I guess that would maybe help too. I hate that it's warm all the time here. I can't stand the humidity.

I don't like that I have to drive everywhere....and can't just run to the next store like I am used to.

Things like that are bugging me a lot!

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Apologize for asking. Then you just have seperation anxiety thingy going on. Only cure is to do as you are doing and talk it out and go on until the comfort level increases. God Bless and take care.

Nope never had any!

Yeah I guess that would maybe help too. I hate that it's warm all the time here. I can't stand the humidity.

I don't like that I have to drive everywhere....and can't just run to the next store like I am used to.

Edited by luckytxn

I'd be homesick for anywhere else in the world if I had to live in Florida.

LMAO...seems like you understand where I am coming from ;)

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Nope never had any!

Then I definitely recommend a different state smile.png Try one with snow and mountains. Sound better? You can solve the "car everywhere" problem somewhat by moving to an older town that was set up before cars, and get a house in the original part of town.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

LMAO...seems like you understand where I am coming from wink.png

Yeah, I feel your pain. I'm sorry you are feeling this way, because I can't imagine what it's like holding on to those feelings for so long.

Any chance of moving? I'm just guessing no because you said you bought a house.

Is there anywhere close to you where you can get a taste of home?

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.