salboreni

CEAC SAYS REFUSED

12 posts in this topic

My husband had his interview at the embassy on Feb. 3, 2014. The CO told him he was approved, took his passport, and told him that he would have his visa within 2 weeks. Friday we checked the status on CEAC, and it changed from Ready, to Refused. The embassy sent me this email...with no further explanation.

Dear Madam:

Thank you for contacting us. Your case is pending due to required additional administrative processing. Administrative processing refers to various additional steps that must be taken before a visa can be issued. Typically, this process lasts at least 9 months but, on occasion, it can take longer. We are not able to take any further action until the additional administrative processing is complete. Once the additional administrative processing is complete, a consular officer will review the case. The following documents may require renewal at the conclusion of the administrative processing:

1. Police certificates: valid for one year from the date of issuance.

2. DS-260/DS-230 part I and II: valid for one year from the date of signature.

3. Medical report: valid for six months from the date of the exam.

You may now check on the status of your pending immigrant visa application online by visiting the Department of State’s Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) website: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/.

We are heart broken..how can they do this, after approval at the embassy and taking his passport :(

You are in AP. It can be only a temporary refusal, though it can be long.

What country was it in? We need to know that to give any decent answers.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

My husband had his interview at the embassy on Feb. 3, 2014. The CO told him he was approved, took his passport, and told him that he would have his visa within 2 weeks. Friday we checked the status on CEAC, and it changed from Ready, to Refused. The embassy sent me this email...with no further explanation.

Dear Madam:

Thank you for contacting us. Your case is pending due to required additional administrative processing. Administrative processing refers to various additional steps that must be taken before a visa can be issued. Typically, this process lasts at least 9 months but, on occasion, it can take longer. We are not able to take any further action until the additional administrative processing is complete. Once the additional administrative processing is complete, a consular officer will review the case. The following documents may require renewal at the conclusion of the administrative processing:

You may now check on the status of your pending immigrant visa application online by visiting the Department of State’s Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) website: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/.

We are heart broken..how can they do this, after approval at the embassy and taking his passport sad.png

OMG IM SO SORRY TO HEAR :( hopefully it will be fast!

Palestine sad.png I can't even think right now...i just dont understand how they can approve him and now this!!!!!!

Read up about AP. All is not lost. Usually it is a temporary refusal while they do extra background checks. That means once they are done he would be approved. Unfortunately there is no set timeline, it could be weeks or months. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Someone please help m so confused and I have never read anything like this on VJ
My wife's interview was schduled for march 6th...
Butas soon as the consulate recived paperwrk .. Someone from embassy called and asked her to bring current police certificates and told her that interview was rescheduled to 38 of feb.. so she my wife asked if this could be done following day the CO insisted it be done that day
So my wife went .. When she went she was told 2 or 3 things to be corrected
Our marriage cert. Which my wife pointed out was alrdy in packet. The co said keep it n bring it to interview..
Than my wife was told she needed her orig birth certificate .. My wife and I sent this but co said no.. In the p4 it says received sent by nvc.. But co said no... Called nvc they said its in the packet we sent it.
So now what do I do .. I know I sent it... Nvc n the p4 states it was sent...
What do I do someone please help!!!

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello so how did this turn out. my husband went to his interview 4/23/2015 interview went smooth until officer stated that my husband had a charge of a knife and weed found on him 12 years ago. So the officer requested that he send in arrest records and clearance letter from the court which was sent 4/29/2015 so now just a waiting game ceac website still states refusal. This is Kingston Jamaica embassy.

• 4 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 2/15/2014 at 6:23 PM, salboreni said:

Dear Madam:

We are heart broken..how can they do this, after approval at the embassy and taking his passport :(

Edited by WORRIEDSPOUSE
Incorrect message

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2014 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.